Anonymous Confessions

Comments

• KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    "WE SECRETLY LIKE JAR-JAR BINKS AND HOPE THAT HE IS IN EPISODE 7."
    Why does that sound suspiciously like a confession by @THE_MONGOLS to me?
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • THE_MONGOLSTHE_MONGOLS KING OF EVERYTHING ULANBAATARPosts: 328 ✭✭✭
    WHAT THE PIZZZAA? WHO LET THE CHICKEN OUT OF THE BAG?

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ANONYMOUS CONFESSIONS.

THERE WILL BE WORDS. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SORT OF WORDS BUT MARK OUR WORDS, THERE WILL BE SOME.
    NOBODY STARTS A LAND WAR IN ASIA AND WINS UNLESS YOU ARE... WAIT FOR IT... THE MONGOLS!
    WE'RE THE EXCEPTION!
    https://twitter.com/TheMongols_

• ConfessionsConfessions Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    "So I dated this girl(she was a nerdfighter I met in these very forums) quite a while ago, like it's been about a year and a half since we broke up. I don't understand it but I still feel love for her, I'm still sad that I don't get to be with her. Like it's not like laying in bed all the time sad but it's thinking of something you want to say to her and then realizing that she isn't yours anymore and that she never will be sad. I think about her almost everyday, but only talk to her every couple of weeks. We have stayed friends but not like close friends, our relationship was long distance so I mean it's not easy to have a close friend that lives a long ways away but we are still friends. When we talk I remember every little thing about her that I loved and hadn't thought about in a while. Every time we talk I remember why I loved her, and I remember how happy she made me, and she still makes me happy beyond belief sometimes. She has had a different boyfriend for like a year so I mean it's not even like I could try to get back together with her. I just don't understand how I can still feel this way. I mean yeah at one point I was talking about marrying this girl but that was over a year and a half ago, I feel like I should be over this but I'm not. I don't know what to do about it, I tried getting back out there and I found a girl that I really liked and that I could see myself spending my life with, but I broke up with her because I was thinking about my ex all the time. Why must I always want things I can't have? And Why must I cry over things long gone? I have heard people talk about how you shouldn't carry your past with you all the time, but I can't seem to put it down no matter how hard I try."
    Submit your anonymous confession here.
    (If a confession has NRP at the end of it, it means "No Responses Please.")
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭
    There's a girl I haven't even talked to in like eight years and I still think about her some times. I don't think about quite as much or in the same way that I use to so it does get easier but I don't think I'll ever be entirely over her. I wish I still had a friendship with her the way you do.

You're always going to have some feelings for this girl. They don't just go away no matter how long you've been apart. You shouldn't let that get in the way of future relationships though. Eventually you have to move on and find someone else. That second girl you broke up with, the one you broke up because you were still thinking about the first one, maybe you just got together a little too soon after the break up, maybe you should try getting back together with her, maybe you just need to find someone else entirely, or maybe you still more time before you start dating again.

Don't do the rebound thing where you date someone just because you can't be with the girl you really want because that can hurt the other person you end up with. Don't stay hung up on her either because then you're hurting yourself. It can be kinda hard to find a good balance between these two but only you can really know for sure when you're ready to get back out there again.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    "I'm ready to move on from this town. I realize that this is everything I've ever known, but the people I call my friends aren't the people I thought they were, and I'm not the person I used to be. I'm ready to graduate, to start a new chapter in my life, and to be a better person."
    "I am afraid that I would not be able to understand myself."
    "I probably should be excited, but mostly I'm terrified I'm going to lose some of the support I still desperately need. So lonely"
    "I feel like such a failure, even though deep down I know that most of my shortcomings are not entirely my fault. I can't help the lack of energy and funds I have...that's par for the course of the chronically ill. But it still is hard to feel passionate about something and have no support, so therefore be unable to do things you want up to the standard you want. I feel worthless, unwanted, alone, useless, and heartbroken."

"I feel like such a failure, even though deep down I know that most of my shortcomings are not entirely my fault. I can't help the lack of energy and funds I have...that's par for the course of the chronically ill. But it still is hard to feel passionate about something and have no support, so therefore be unable to do things you want up to the standard you want. I feel worthless, unwanted, alone, useless, and heartbroken."

I go to sleep for a few hours and then when I wake up I see this. Being that I have multiple personality disorder it's likely I wrote this and don't remember it. Because of another user on this forum this is an amazingly accurate description of how I've been feeling today.

Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • This girl I've been dating has just told me that she actually isn't ready to be in a committed relationship. Her last boyfriend pressured her into sex and she feels like we rushed, but I've really fallen for her. She said we should just go back to being friends for a while and see if she starts to feel more comfortable. Of course I said "sure, that's fine", but I would much rater we just stay together.
    "If you'd quit talking about having and hiding behind a disorder that was taken out of the DSM because it's never actually been definitively proven to exist, that'd be great."
    "I've felt sad for all the evening and couldn't really figure out why. But then I realised: after my hours were technically finished, I joined some co-workers from another department and helped them a bit because I like being around one of them, he's nice, (well, both of them are, but one is particularly nice) and they did their thing that was very related to my department so it was pretty unsurprising that I hung around and helped them and saw how things were progressing. But then they had done what they could for today with this thing, and they had to do lots of other jobs that were totally unrelated to my things and I didn't dare ask if I could still join them (because that would have been weird) so I just called it a day and went to my place and they went off to keep doing their job. And now it struck me that my feeling of sadness comes from the fact that I had a really nice time with them, both thanks to the individuals and thanks to the fact that they're working with the most interesting and fun thing in the world (whereas I only work with the second most fun thing) but I feel left out because they're in another department and I don't have anything to do with those things and my little glimpse into it again just reminded me of how much I wish I could have worked with them in their department instead. And when I realised what was wrong, it just made me feel even more miserable."

This girl I've been dating has just told me that she actually isn't ready to be in a committed relationship. Her last boyfriend pressured her into sex and she feels like we rushed, but I've really fallen for her. She said we should just go back to being friends for a while and see if she starts to feel more comfortable. Of course I said "sure, that's fine", but I would much rater we just stay together.

You might get back together at some point in the future. Just don't push it or you'll end up loosing her as a friend too. She'll let you know when she's ready to date again till then just be glad she's still in your life.

"I kinda want to go back to the way my life is when I got out into the world. I guess this happens every year. I go through a cycle of wanting to be around friends constantly and then switching to not wanting to be around anybody at all most of the time. I really don't have many friends that I like to hangout with anymore though. I used to have a lot but I got bored of them after a while, I got bored of the same old thing everyday. I started to find the flaws in them, then I sank into my chair and logged into my computer and ended up right back in my reclusive lifestyle. I guess I just don't know what to do anymore. My life has ups and downs and I am happy with it, like I know it is crap but it is my crap and I love my crap. (I don't think that sounds the way I wanted it to but you get the point) I love my life, I have a happy life, even if most people would hate to be in my shoes I love them. I don't care if they are scraggly and falling apart, I love them. I don't care if my life has been full of pain and misery, I don't care if I am poor, or if I used to not have a home, because none of that matters to me. I love my family and I love my life. I just have to figure out a way to make it all work, to make it all come together so I can be happy. I mean I look at my life on the large scale and yeah I'm happy with where I have come, and if I look at it on a small scale I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, but somewhere in the middle I find the part of me that knows the pain and that knows the joy and that says that ehh that's okay."
    "I think I might be lesbian but I'm too afraid to tell anyone."
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 608 ✭✭✭

I don't know if you have reason to be afraid of telling anyone, you know the people around you much better than I do. Some people are just too narrow-minded. But remember that if this is the case around you, it's them who are at fault. And welcome to the LGBT+ club! :)
    Also, one doesn't have to be like "hey, I'm lesbian" when you let people know that you are. Whenever I'm talking to someone who I think won't cause me any trouble, and we're talking about a related subject like "there isn't many guys there, so I don't have many to look at" I'll be like "oh, you're that weird kind who are disinterested in half the population. Well, that narrows your chances" and then I let them figure out themselves that I'm bi (or not figure it out, it's up to them). Anyway, I guess it doesn't help much, but this random internet person (me) supports you no matter whether people around you would or wouldn't.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning

It seems like lesbians are much more easily excepted than men who are gay. Part of that might be because straight girls call each other girlfriend too. It's pretty easy to spot a gay guy because no straight man ever refers to his friend as his boyfriend so when a guy admits to having boyfriends you instantly know he's gay. When the same thing happened with my bisexual ex girlfriend she tried to tell my mom that she's dated girls before but my mom never understood that girlfriend actually meant she dated women not she has friends. My parents still don't know she's bi even though she told them she is. Basically even if you did admit it people either won't care or won't understand what you're trying to tell them. I think you'd have to be caught french kissing another girl before anyone would figure out you're actually a lesbian.

On the other hand obviously your experience is different than my ex since you're a lesbian and she is bi sexual. I think your confession would be more easily understood than trying to explain to someone what bi means.
    "I'm lucky that my type one diabetes was just diabetes and not something more serious but some days its hard not to take a whole bunch of insulin and just slip away. Life is just getting terribly exhausting."
    "So I have been getting sick a lot lately, to the point that I had to go to the doctor and get put on medicine because the lining of my stomach was slightly deteriorated. The last week I got really bad allergies for the first time in a very very long time, like I had to use an inhaler for the first time since I was 4 months old, I never knew about that until my mom told me because I was using an inhaler. So these past few days that I have had bad allergies my stomach has been acting up and I haven't been able to eat near as much food as I need, because I have hypoglycemia and a rather high metabolism. I recently started to suspect that this may be because I don't want to lose the shape of my body that it has always had, I am a boy, and there has been one year out of my life where I was even considered average weight, I have been under weight almost all of my life. I have been bullied because of it, but I know deep inside I don't really want to gain weight, which is crazy because I am 6 ft 3in and weight 130 lbs. From what I have read and been told by doctors to maintain my unhealthy body weight I should be eating around 3000 calories a day. I don't get near that much right now. I think that I am doing it on purpose subconsciously but I can't really seek help for this in a hospital setting I had a bad experience with a doctor recommending mental health because he didn't know enough and I will not go near that again, I just need to figure out how to stop starving myself like this. I need to eat and I am tired of being sick because I think if I were eating enough I wouldn't be sick."
    "WE HELPED AN OLD LADY WITH HER SHOPPING. NPR!"
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

"NPR!"

All Things Considered... this sounds like The Mongols.

"I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
    "I think I am in love with my best friend. But I am not sure if it's the same other way round. I would like to tell him but I am afraid he will agree just because he doesn't want to hurt me or he'll think it's a joke. I can live my life without him being in a relationship with me, but I'll be hurt if I had to lose him for this."
    "I don't think it's about bathrooms at all but you're not allowed to say unpopular things. This place isn't very open."
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

"I don't think it's about bathrooms at all but you're not allowed to say unpopular things. This place isn't very open."

Actually, people are allowed to say unpopular things, because they DID. The fact that there were different opinions means that viewpoints weren't censored. If you think that people disagreeing with you means that they are saying you shouldn't be allowed to talk, then you've got your own issues, but whatever.

Moreover, as a Nerdfighter I try to encourage free speech and debate whenever possible, and I think many members of the community can agree with me on that. So when I see a viewpoint that I disagree with, I'm going to argue for my case and try to change their mind. Nobody in the thread I think you're referring to was attacking or being overly harsh to the people they disagreed with, and I absolutely do think that you can say unpopular things, as long as you actually back them up with reasoning rather than claim that the community isn't open to new ideas.
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    "Ugh. Why do most of my close friends have to be male? Not that I dislike males, rather the contrary, but it does have its certain drawbacks when you're the female kind. Spent some time with one of my close friends yesterday. He's the lovely warm-hearted kind, the kind of person who makes the world a better place just by being in it, and he most definitely makes my world better by being in it. The problem is that when you love someone a lot, platonic feelings risk to become romantic too... and I don't want that to happen. I've been there, done that, too many times before already. It usually doesn't end good. I am married, and if I'd have to choose one person to be the only one I'll spend any time with for the rest of my life, it'd be my husband. He's the best, forever and always. But that doesn't mean that I don't like other persons too, and want them to be part of my life too. So I don't want to complicate my life by having romantic feelings for anyone except my husband, but I also don't want to supress my platonic love for my closest friends. It's such a thin line between those. Yesterday contained a situation where I almost passed the line to falling in love with this friend of mine. We talked about something regarding our friendship, and our eyes met and kept contact and I could very strongly feel all of my love for him at that moment and I immediately had to break our eye contac lest I'd fall for him then and there. And I hate that it has to be this way. I hate that I can't always let my love for him just be, unhindered, because a platonic love for someone who has everything you consider important for a romantic relationship... always carries the risk of becoming romantic love too. I guess what I'm saying is... why can't life be easy? It's not much to complain about, really, because I like my life as it is and I love my husband and my friends, but this does bug me sometimes."
  • sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 406 ✭✭✭
    i know i don't even know you, but who ever you are, I'd love to help you. the worst thing you can do is distance yourself from people, that try to help. if you want support or anything you can always message me. a random nerdfighter will not hurt you, by helping.
    wish you luck and love
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
    "it wasn't the dog who farted"
    "Trigger warning: mentioning suicide. Yesterday I got to know that a close friend of mine have, many years ago, tried to commit suicide. In some way, I'm not as surprised as I wish that I would have had reason to be, but in spite of that, I'm still slightly in shock. It's just so hard to think about, that his struggles have been so bad that he really wanted to do that. I really, really love him, and I want to protect him from everything bad. I know it's irrational, wanting to protect someone from something that have passed so many years ago, but my protective instinct towards him is really strong right now. I love him. I can't really express my thoughts right now, more than that. I just want to hug him and never let go."
    "I was looking at a movie with my best friend the other day, and when he tried to tickle me, I grabbed his wrist to stop him and moved my foot (which was where he had tickled me) away from him. I did not let go of his wrist, though, pretended to be so focused on the movie that I didn't notice that I was still holding him. I had not forgotten it, not a bit. I was very much aware of his warmth, and I liked the feeling more than I want to admit."
    "These last couple days have been hard on me. First I have been planning a trip to a conference with my dad for the last few months. IT was a pretty big deal to me and he paid a thousand dollars for the ticket for me and was going to drive me there. Then $2000 was taken out of his bank account to pay his back child support on me, and it was some of the money we were going to use to go out there. It really pissed him off too, so now he is not taking me and I would have to pull a couple thousand dollars out of my ass if I wanted to go, because he didn't tell us he wasn't taking me until after my mom used the money to pay off the bills and get a new mower. So instead of trying to raise the money I just called off the trip and it really hurt to do. I made myself be okay with it because it was the most rational decision. Then today my ex-girlfriend messaged me and asked me if I still cared about her. I gave her the honest answer of yes, and she proceeded to ask if I still like to talk to her, and the answer was the same. She feels that I don't try to talk to her, and I really don't. The reason I don't is whenever I think about messaging her it doesn't seem important enough to bother her with. It makes me really anxious and I want her to be my friend, honestly if I thought it was possible I would want more than that but that's not going to happen. I mean we have been broken up for over 2 years now, I feel like I shouldn't still have so much emotion about the whole thing. I just want to be her friend so that I can know that she has a good life, I want her to be happy, and to have a happy life, I just want to be able to know that she is happy. Overall I am just having to emotion a lot right now and I suck at emotioning. My head works in odd ways that not even my therapist understood and it just gets hard to be okay sometimes, not that I'm not okay right now or that I ever really feel like I'm not okay anymore, it is just hard to maintain sometimes. I have to figure out how to get out of my shell again, I used to be a social animal, but I go back and forth between extreme extrovert and extreme introvert. I just need to balance it but I don't really know how."