John Needs to Come to Canada

anaafezzanaafezz Posts: 2
Preferably Alberta. 

I think the title says it all.

Comments

• SophiaSophia Posts: 46 ✭✭
    People actually live in Alberta? :P

I think we've established that John is too poor to enter Canada, though.
    Ladies and gentlemen, do not be alarmed. Please, remain perfectly still
    What you are about to see is real. The performers are not grinning 
    scarecrows sent here to torture and manipulate you.
  • I would be more than willing to donate money to him...
  • SmurfieSmurfie Posts: 29
    Get him to Seattle and I'll go and pick him up and bring him to Vancouver. ^_^ He'll pass the border for sure if he's with a fellow Canadian...
  • ColetteColette Posts: 33
    I think he should come to Windsor, after all it is the place where he couldn't cross in the first place. I think he should come to Windsor to prove a point and of course have a Nerdfighter meetup in Windsor! :D
  • meg4nerdmeg4nerd Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Colette said:
    I think he should come to Windsor, after all it is the place where he couldn't cross in the first place. I think he should come to Windsor to prove a point and of course have a Nerdfighter meetup in Windsor! :D
    YES. Windsor. yes. I mean on their channel they have a view of Windsor from Detroit so it only seems fitting they get a view of Detroit from Windsor. 
  • shakes1327shakes1327 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    For the record, John has been to Canada... there was a Vancouver stop in the January 2012 Tour de Nerdfighting, and he was *in* Canada (Waterloo) when he tells the insufficient funds story.

But I am in full agreement that a proper Canadian tour (with both brothers) is long overdue.
  • BootyPrioriBootyPriori Posts: 20
    edited November 2012
    For the record, John has been to Canada... there was a Vancouver stop in the January 2012 Tour de Nerdfighting, and he was *in* Canada (Waterloo) when he tells the insufficient funds story.

But I am in full agreement that a proper Canadian tour (with both brothers) is long overdue.
    I mean, vancouver is in canada but it's pretty far from all the other canadian places. Toronto/Montreal a lot of people can at least drive or take a bus or something!
    by BootyPriori
  • MeredithMeredith Posts: 40
    I was absolutely heartbroken when John posted the video about Canada...we seem so close yet so far away!
  • bluetoes591bluetoes591 Posts: 4

I mean, vancouver is in canada but it's pretty far from all the other canadian places. Toronto/Montreal a lot of people can at least drive or take a bus or something!
    How do you think us Vancouverites feel when all kinds of things happen in Toronto? Like we're very far away. It's only fair you guys get to feel that way from time to time too.
  • shakes1327shakes1327 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I was absolutely heartbroken when John posted the video about Canada...we seem so close yet so far away!
    That doesn't mean it's impossible for him to come to Canada, though. It just means he's hassled at the border.

As far as I understand, the majority of John's travels (especially both Tours de Nerdfighting with Hank) are funded by his pubishers in support of his books. So probably the best way to get John to come north is not to bug him, but instead to let his publishers, bookstores, libraries, schools, etc know there is demand for an event?
  • jalestrojalestro Posts: 37

How do you think us Vancouverites feel when all kinds of things happen in Toronto? Like we're very far away. It's only fair you guys get to feel that way from time to time too.
    Not to mention all the prairie folks (of which I'm a former one... that was awkward wording) who are very far away from both Toronto and Vancouver and get to feel neglected all the time.
    "If a square on the hypotenuse equals a sum of the square on the other two sides...why is a mouse when it spins? I never did know the answer to that one." - The 4th Doctor

• PuppyLove968PuppyLove968 Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I would be more than willing to donate money to him...
    There should be a John Green's Insufficient Funds Fund.
    I love you in the least alarming way possible. 
    Signed, Lia Sadako. *throws glitter everywhere*
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    I agree.  I hope one day they'll be able to do a good Canadian tour so that Nerdfighters from all over the country can go meet them.
  • SisterAwakeSisterAwake Posts: 10

I agree.  I hope one day they'll be able to do a good Canadian tour so that Nerdfighters from all over the country can go meet them.

Agreed! This would be a dream come true!!
    "My life is now complete. Except for those other things I want." - Joss Whedon
  • claraoswaldclaraoswald Hogwarts Posts: 120 ✭✭
    We really do need a cross-Canada tour-de-nerdfighting! 

_.•__WE THINK TOO MUCH AND FEEL TOO LITTLE. 

(_______. + ‘ ¯ ‘ +.

_‘ + . _ .  ‘ ____•._))

• JillJill Posts: 4
    Smurfie said:
    Get him to Seattle and I'll go and pick him up and bring him to Vancouver. ^_^ He'll pass the border for sure if he's with a fellow Canadian...
    Yes! He should cross the border at Seattle and then do an BC-Alberta tour!
  • John needs to come to Vancouver!!
  • KoriKori Ontario CanadaPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    Agreed! This would be a dream come true!!

Lets get a petition going and see how many Canadians we can get together showing that an actual trip to Canada is worth it? we can get something set up to show where all the nerdfighters are located. Id be willing to drive 4 hours or so to go to a gathering!