What age did you read your first John green book and what was it?

Comments

• starmoon_22starmoon_22 VenezuelaPosts: 4
    I think I was 17, and it was Looking for Alaska, and since then I've read almost all of his books (only missing Paper Towns)  
    Nerd and Proud! DFTBA
    Help to save our planet, be ecofriendly :) 
  • MorboMorbo Posts: 69
    .........mine is the exact same as @maggie22's.
    I fear for Night Vale. I fear for all those caught between what they know and what they don't yet know they don't know.
  • amazingaileen13amazingaileen13 FloridaPosts: 12
    I was 17 and my first book was Looking for Alaska. Afterwards, I read The Fault in Our Stars; Will Grayson, Will Grayson; Paper Towns, and An Abundance of Katherines. Just waiting for winter so I can read Let It Snow. ^-^
  • Swimmer_EmmaSwimmer_Emma Claremont-ON-CanadaPosts: 3
    First was TFIOS when i was 12 then in my 14th year i read the rest!
  • newbeatle1704newbeatle1704 RigaPosts: 33
    I was nineteen when I first read Looking for Alaska.  I wanted to read at least one of John's books for ages (they didn't sell them in my country up until this fall)  but got to read it only when i just finished high school a few years ago, when I finally bought a copy online.

• WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    I was sixteen, I had just heard of, and subsequently gotten hooked on, Crash Course and I went to the bookstore, and I bought Looking for Alaska after looking at John's Wikipedia page. Best decision I ever made.
  • MaxWBeaulieuMaxWBeaulieu Los Angeles, CAPosts: 60 ✭✭
    25 when I read Looking For Alaska, I still think about her some times. So uncanny that a character could get that far into by brain. 
  • onaveryislandonaveryisland Illinois, U.S. Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    Tfios- I was fourteen at the time. I want to say it was Paper Towns, because I first got into Nerdfighteria by seeing a post-it recommending the Vlogbrothers channel in a library copy, but I'm not sure. 
    by onaveryisland
    "the only way out is through." -robert frost 
  • amwowoahamwowoah Posts: 2
    I'm actually a relatively new Nerdfighter, at least compared to some people who've been Nerdfighters for years. My first John Green book was The Fault in Our Stars and I read it when it first came out so I was 16 going on 17. 
  • LexayRaeeLexayRaee Birmingham, UK Posts: 1
    My first John Green book was Katherines, and I was 13. (I still haven't completed that book...sigh) since then I've completed Will Grayson, Looking For Alaska, TFIOS and I'm currently reading Paper Towns. (This has all been since around May of 2013, it's now November of 2013)
    Where do I get cake?
  • meganpdmeganpd Posts: 6
    i was 15 and ut was Looking for Alaska  :)
  • AppropriatelyJadedAppropriatelyJaded CascadiaPosts: 2
    I read TFiOS at 19 right at the beginning of my first college summer and then proceeded to read Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, Will Graysonx2, and An Abundance of Katherines throughout the summer, in that order.
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    Read Looking for Alaska when I was 20. IN the year since I have read Paper Towns, TFioS and An Abundence of Katherines, in that order.
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • MadietheNerdMadietheNerd UnspecifiedPosts: 10
    I bought TFIOS the day before my birthday and finished it two days after (then reread it twice, and started a book club). It changed my life, I swear--like Hazel, I feel like all of humanity HAS to read this book, but at the same time, it has so much personal meaning to me.
  • Emmagrace12Emmagrace12 Hogwarts with the Weasley twinsPosts: 5
    I was 13 when I first read TFiOS, that book has seriously changed my life, I can relate to so many parts of the book!
  • Wow, as previously mentioned by others, I do feel better that I'm not the only one who started so late. I was 21 when I first read TFiOS. On the insistence of my friend, who bugged me for a long while to read it, I picked it up and am very glad that I did. Since then, and it's only been a few months, I've read Paper Towns and Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I do have future plans to read more! 
  • I read Paper Towns at about the age of 12, and at read all the others over this summer just gone(I had a two year break from being a nerdfighter to try and blend in at school :( ). I had Looking For Alaska for a few years before I read it, because I found a spoiler, so didn't bother reading it until I'd forgotten the spoiler(the spoiler is pretty much the major event of the novel by the way. 
  • Looking for Alaska, 15 :)
    DFTBA
  • TheFaultInMyselfTheFaultInMyself Cupboard Under the StairsPosts: 10
    id been a nerdfighter for some time. i would reread chapter 1 of TFIOS because John posted it on vlogbros. i was never able to buy the book untill i was 15 and i read it in a day. then i read Paper Towns.

In a war against myself,

The Reader

• emily10emily10 PennsylvaniaPosts: 12
    12. Looking for Alaska and I love every single word and still do
  • Castiel1375Castiel1375 Posts: 22
    18, and TFiOS :)
  • haneulhaneul PolandPosts: 3
    I read "The Fault in Our Stars" first this year ;3 and then: "Paper Towns" and "Looking for Alaska". at the age of 18 ^_^

• CodaBluejayCodaBluejay Posts: 3
    I was 14 and I read Looking for Alaska. I was reading it in the bookstore before I even bought it.
    Coda Bluejay OUT
  • amyandmelodypondamyandmelodypond Minnesota Posts: 18
    I was 13. It was TFIOS. I'd known about the vlogbrothers long before that but hadn't read the books.
  • I was 13 when I read WG/WG, and since then I have read all of his books. 
  • Lili_UrbinaLili_Urbina Posts: 1
    16 and I read Looking of Alaska!
  • ashsayshelloashsayshello AustraliaPosts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 17, and it was TFiOS :)
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizzas in Our Pants." | I live in the land of the Last Ones
  • atomicpoppyatomicpoppy VirginiaPosts: 12
    NeilNP said:

32.  Just read TFIOS.

I feel old going through this thread, but thought that my age demographic needed representation.
    *high five*

29, and WG/WG
  • MarcellaMarcella Yeah The NetherlandsPosts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    The Fault In Our Stars, when I was 14.
    "If the kids don't believe, make them believe."

- Alex Gaskarth
  • whitlonewhitlone Posts: 3
    I was 14 when I read TFiOS and loved it but didn't think to look into the author. A couple months later in January my french teacher showed us one of Hank's 50+ jokes in 4 minutes videos and I saw it was from a guy named John Green's website so I kept the name in my head so I could look up the video again later. I looked up the video later and that's how I found nerdfighteria :)  (Totally didn't put the "two" John Greens together until then)