What age did you read your first John green book and what was it?

Comments

• rokurirokuri New ZealandPosts: 10
    I read The Fault In Our Stars first, a few months ago. It was instantly followed by Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska, and now I'm reading the rest of his books in quick succession. They're just so hard to put down that I can't not read finish them all. I'm 15.
    I want this dragon carrot risotto to become a person so I can take it to Las Vegas and marry it.
    -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  • 14 and TFIOS but I have since read Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns
  • izy200izy200 Posts: 31
    14, an abundance of Katherines.
  • Either 11 or 12, and it was Looking For Alaska. Since then I have read all of them exept Will Grayson Will Grayson and Let it Snow.
    "I think I'm probably incredible."
    - The Eleventh Doctor
    Whovian, Hufflepuff, Nerdfighter, Etc., and firm believer in the art of reading.
    Too many fandoms to count. I apologize for not being able to inform you of them all.

• LibertyNerd25LibertyNerd25 The Good Ol' United States of AmericaPosts: 359 ✭✭✭
    The Fault in Our Stars when I was 14. 
    Democracy. Truly the most beautiful word in the English language.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." -United States Declaration of Indepedence
  • RaeRae Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭
    i was in 7th grade so either 12 or 13, i think 13. and it was tfios!
  • AnnieCAnnieC PortugalPosts: 7
    I was 15, Looking For Alaska. I've already read TFIOS and now I'm almost ending Will Grayson Will Grayson. I have a love/hate relationship with John's books, cuz they're so perfect that make me sad about my real life. Thank's alot John! >:P
  • JayPee3010JayPee3010 Posts: 5
    17, TFioS, last summer.
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,905 ✭✭✭
    I read Paper Towns just after it had come out... so 30.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • diveniredivenire CanadaPosts: 12
    I feel a little old compared to the people who say 12 and 13 but... I read my first John Green book when I was 24 and it was Will Greyson Will Greyson.
  • DrakithaDrakitha OhioPosts: 10
    I read my first John Green book in January of 2012 at the age of 22. I had been wanting to read on of his books but I didn't know which one. I was on my way to London and found a signed copy of Tfios in an airport bookstore. Bought it and read it in one day. Once in England I bought Looking for Alaska and also finished that before I got home. Hooked. Bought the rest once I was back in the states and read them all over a period of time. 
  • EslindEslind Posts: 3
    I was 14 and I read An Abundance Of Katherines. In Dutch, because my local library doesn't have the English version... I absolutely loved it.
  • 17 looking for Alaska
    a few months after i discovered Vlogbrothers and the Nerdfighters
  • 16, Paper Towns. I read Looking for Alaska before, but didn't finish it. After I read Paper Towns I decided to finish Alaska.

• IdrisIdris Posts: 17
    11. TFiOS.
    "Sometimes, life gives you lemons. You turn those lemons into combustible lemons, and you burn life's house down." - Portal 2
  • abiblueninjaabiblueninja St. Louis, MOPosts: 3
    I was 11' and it was TFIOS. I cant wait for movie!
  • semihipstersemihipster Denver, COPosts: 36
    I read the Fault in Our Stars this year, I had been an on off nerdfighter for the past three years, but was wary to read John's books because I didn't know if they were over hyped. Once I read the Fault in Our Stars this year I became hooked, and have just recently finished Looking for Alaska. I think reading them at this age is perfect, because now I can look deeply into a novel, and analyze it critically, notice the deeper meanings, and metaphors, so I can enjoy the novels in full
    image ♡
  • mindlessgeneralmindlessgeneral Orlando, FLPosts: 118 ✭✭
    I was 13 and it was The Fault In Our Stars
  • amethystwillow07amethystwillow07 MinnesOOOOtaPosts: 93
    I was 20, and it was Looking for Alaska. Then, TFIOS and Paper Towns. Up next is An Abundance of Katherines. Like many others, I wish I had found nerdfighteria earlier in my life.

"There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice."

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • 11. It was tfios. Its still my favorite book.
  • 17 and The Fault In Our Stars. One of my favorite books next to 1984 by Orwell, but you can't really compare the two to the other
  • oddryanoddryan Dayton, OhioPosts: 19
    I read The Fault in Our Stars last year when I was 20, and I read Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, and An Abundance of Katherines shortly after. Still need to read Let it Snow and Will Grayson, Will Grayson!
  • margiejoobymargiejooby Northwest Missouri Posts: 10
    I might have been around 15 years old and it was Paper Towns. At first I thought it was really stupid, but a year later I gave it another go and I loved it. 
  • mutantninjalapenomutantninjalapeno Posts: 110 ✭✭
    you guys make me feel so old! the first john green book i read was about two years ago, it was looking for alaska and i was 27.
  • alice_monalice_mon LondonPosts: 6
    Looking for Alaska, on holiday, when I was 12.

It's still my favourite :D
    We all have to be a little seagull, as it enables us to fly.
  • lorilaylorilay Ukraine, Kryvyy RihPosts: 2
    Looking for Alaska in 22 and TFiOS a year later in 23. 
  • Mark27Mark27 AustraliaPosts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    I read my first John Green book when I was 12 (about four years ago), and it was Paper Towns.
    http://www.instagc.com/245297 get free gift cards!
  • LookitsanerdfighterLookitsanerdfighter Wuhan, ChinaPosts: 4
    this year, 17, TFiOS. 
    First John video, Crash Course World History 
    First Hank video, "I shall blow your mind!" It was awesome!
    And then it was a video of both of them on How to Be a Nerdfighter, and I was like YES, count me in!
    And then I read TFiOS <3 <3
    "An extraordinary gift for hope."

• sabs5196sabs5196 Posts: 1
    I was 17 and I read The Fault in Our Stars. Followed closely by Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, and then Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I have yet to read Let It Snow.
  • Shirinov_MShirinov_M Posts: 1
    Looking for Alaska - when I was 15