What age did you read your first John green book and what was it?

Comments

• pavca_838pavca_838 Pilsen, Czech republicPosts: 5
    Beckerlynn I have the same feelings, when I read the other comments I feel a little old too. I'm 33 and my first book was TFIOS round 2 months ago :o)
    Since then I've read Looking for Alaska (my most favourite so far), Paper towns and WG&WG...
  • kay_38kay_38 Posts: 1
    When I was 12 I read The Fault in Our Stars because I wanted to know what all the hype was about. 
  • McKaylaMcKayla United StatesPosts: 2
    I read TFIOS, and then Paper Towns, and then An Abundance of Katherines. I read all those books this year, and I'm 11.
  • loonierthanlunaloonierthanluna Ontario, CanadaPosts: 9
    11, and it was TFiOS. I feel as though I'm one of the youngest people to have read his books on this forum.
  • Sailor_Em_is_now_907Sailor_Em_is_now_907 AmericaPosts: 2
    TFIOS, 13. It was actually a few months ago, but I've been watching vlogbrothers since i was about 10. I was a nerdfighter before i even new what nerdfighteria was. my first video, the DFTBA music video. 
  • sachipachi1sachipachi1 Posts: 1
    17, Looking For Alaska, then TFIOS, then Paper Towns, then An Abundance of Katherines then Will Grayson, Will Grayson
  • cloudycloudy GermanyPosts: 7
    I read TFIOS when I was 22, last year. I read all the other ones after that. :)
  • I started reading Paper Towns when I was 14 when it was a book I happened to have with me on a trip then forgot about it. I then read TFIOS two years later, in one go, after listening to John read the first chapter. I then realised that I recognised his name when he was talking about Paper Towns and managed to find my copy of the book.
  • I was 12 and I read looking for Alaska, and fell deeply in love with the style of his writing. DFTBA!!!!
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

@NeilNP don't feel old - I read Looking for Alaska as my first John Green book when I was 33 (34 now), so I'm even more old. However @Beckerlynn has the crown for age based experience thus far ; so in short don't worry about it.

In any event, I learend when I an intern at 18, that people truly don't grow up, they just grow old. I so clearly remember the chrismas party at the Company, and those old teachers at or above 50 were as lively and silly as those fresh from school at 25-28. So yeah, you, me and others may be old in comparison to a teenager, but we don't have to act it.

I certainly only do it to the extend that my job demands it. Last Friday I was wearing the Harto onesie at our department's Christmas party, and nobody was bothered by that.

• LuneSpark9LuneSpark9 Washington, USAPosts: 6
    Mine was TFiOS, and I think I was 15. :)

We
    did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork
    board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.” ― Jerry Spinelli.  DFTBA

• rkent100rkent100 Posts: 39
    I was 16 or 17 when I first read The Fault in Our Stars
  • m83m83 Posts: 6
    I was 12 and I read TFIOS, Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines all in a week......is that weird?
    Weird is a matter of perspective, so it depends I suppose. 
    From my point of view it's weird, cause I've yet to complete an abundance of kathrines. It doesn't keep my attention. 

• AndroZeusAndroZeus ScandinaviaPosts: 8
    I first read An Abundance Of Katherines two years ago at the age of sixteen. In the next few days, I read the rest of John's bibliography, barring Let It Snow, which I got for Christmas last year and haven't got around to yet. I love them all.
  • Dr Dum DumDr Dum Dum Posts: 6
    Paper Towns at 31. You age is your age, no shame in it.
    Age is just an indication of how long you've been anound anyway ;)

• TFiOS when I was eleven. I've also read an abundance of Katherine's, and looking forward to the rest!
  • peacefulchaospeacefulchaos Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    I'm older than the author himself. I think that gives me the oldest crown! (For those Googling John's age,STOP!! He's Peter Pan.)

The book was The Fault in Our Stars,which I decided to purchase with a book store gift card I received last Christmas.
    by peacefulchaos
    Did you like it?

• peacefulchaospeacefulchaos Posts: 4
    I fell in love with it. I admit,that surprised me as I'm not usually a fan of fiction. But I easily got lost in TFiOS,and suggested it to others who were looking for something to read. It spurred me on to purchase John's other books,which I've recently enjoyed (So far Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska.) I'll be starting "An Abundance of Katherines" tonight.
  • ceciliann44ceciliann44 MichiganPosts: 6
    The first book of John's that I read was The Fault in Our Stars at age 13. My English teacher at the time said that it was well written and it brought her to tears. I picked up the book a week later and I couldn't put it down. I have now read all of John's books and my favorite is Paper Towns.
    Slow and Steady loses the race but who cares as long as you're not dead. 

• tiffanycrojastiffanycrojas Posts: 9
    TFiOS at 15. Now I'm 17 and reading Paper Towns.
  • elliecantswimelliecantswim BelgiumPosts: 1
    I was 12 and it was the fault in our stars
  • SourPotatoSourPotato Posts: 9
    13. The Fault in Our Stars.
  • ceciliann44ceciliann44 MichiganPosts: 6
    I was 13 and it was TFIOS! It actually was the first book that made me cry.
    Slow and Steady loses the race but who cares as long as you're not dead. 

• Mafe15239Mafe15239 PerúPosts: 27
    I was 16 and it was The Fault In Our Stars.
  • djtmkdjtmk Posts: 1
    I was 41 and the book was TFIOS. I just finished Paper Towns and am in the middle of Looking for Alaska. I'm a 41 year old Army Vet and I cried like a baby at "that thing" in Looking for Alaska.
  • AndroZeusAndroZeus ScandinaviaPosts: 8
    @djmtk I salute you for being a 41-year-old man who admits to crying. We need more people like you.
    Everybody cries, most of us just don't admit that.
    Looking for Alaska's great. My fav John Green book.