What age did you read your first John green book and what was it?

123457»

Comments

• I was twelve when I read The Fault in Our Stars for the first time
  • I was 12 and it was paper towns
  • The-Artist-IncognitoThe-Artist-Incognito Hogwarts...always hogwarts Posts: 12
    I read The Fault in Our Stars when I was 13 - our literature and writing teacher made us read it in class. Since then, I have read all of his books (besides let it snow → I'll get to it, don't you worry)
    "The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • anyaspaizanyaspaiz FloridaPosts: 38
    I was 10. My friend (who is also a Nerdfighter) kept urging me to read TFiOS until I finally picked it up and never put it down. Since then I've read them all (my favorite is An Abundance of Katherins).

It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined.

- John Green
  • NerualSaysHiNerualSaysHi Posts: 1
    I was about 11 when I read the Fault in Our Stars
  • thetrollthetroll Posts: 4
    I was 10 and it was The Fault in Our Stars.
  • anxiously_awareanxiously_aware Depends on the hourPosts: 131 ✭✭
    I was seventeen when I read Looking for Alaska. I haven't read any of his other books, but I plan on getting around to it, after I finish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and a couple other books.
    "Every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."
  • jeasalynjeasalyn PhilippinesPosts: 1
    TFIOS. I was 17.
  • fingerscrossedfingerscrossed MainePosts: 164 ✭✭
    I was 14, I believe, and it was Paper Towns, shortly followed by Looking For Alaska
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  • zscubazscuba Posts: 2
    I read The Fault in Our Stars when I was 12.
  • I was 14 and I read Looking for Alaska
  • centauriecentaurie BelgiumPosts: 48
    TFIOS, and I was....28?
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Books aren't just for teens :)

• MyNameIsEricMyNameIsEric Posts: 20
    I think that I was 14 or 15 when I read my very first John Green book. I think it was Will Grayson, will grayson but it might have been Looking for Alaska. Any how I read those two books, Paper Towns and Let it Snow all in a few days. To this day I still have not bought or read The fault in Our Stars. But right now I am half way through an Abundance of Katherines and I plan on finishing it this weekend.
  • I was 17 and I read looking for Alaska. It was the first time I actually enjoyed reading, I finished it in one day while still going to work and school
  • The Fault in Our Stars, at 16. I recommend not reading it while going through major relationship-related upheaval (My boyfriend at the time was ill). There was messy crying. A lot of messy crying.
    United against worldsuck
  • I was 14 when I read looking for Alaska. I obviously had to read them all in order and then when I pre-ordered TFiOS I was way too excited!
  • PrincessBPrincessB Posts: 12
    The first time I read one of John's books was 2013 ( I was 22) & it was TFIOS!
  • The first book from john, I read was TFiOS. I was 13 or 14. In a year I read all the other ones.
  • thomasisoffthewallthomasisoffthewall Posts: 1
    edited January 3
    TFIOS. I think that was the first time I read a book during 2 days. I was only 15 and I stopped beign a virgin of John's books, the way he wrapped me with that story was like drinking hot chocolate in a stormy day while watching the window and listening to a piano cover of a trending song. :D
    by thomasisoffthewall
    Staring at the autumn rain, from the safety of your livingroom, with a nice cup of hot chokolade is such a lovely feeling.

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,807 Admin
    I was 30. I got the box set at the end of 2012 and read John's books in publication order, so I read Looking for Alaska first. I read all of his books in 2013. It was the beginning of reading for leisure for me, and it was all thanks to Our Pants and the friends I made here as motivation. Now I love reading, and I just wish I had more time for it.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • TheWeepingDalekTheWeepingDalek TexasPosts: 15
    30, and it was An Abundance of Katherines (followed immediately after by Looking For Alaska). In my defense, I'm fairly new to Nerdfighteria, and I picked up those two books the other night and then stayed up until 6 a.m. reading both of them. Now I just need to get the rest of his books.
  • rosabeanrosabean New ZealandPosts: 2
    I was 14 and it was TFiOS but I've since read all of his books
  • mysticnerdfightermysticnerdfighter PennsylvaniaPosts: 19
    I'm an old fogy in this aspect. I was 38. There was a free book bin in my therapist's office with a copy of The Fault In Our Stars and I was like, "I always wanted to read this." And then I read Paper Towns which was around the time I was getting treatments for severe anemia in December.

I feel so old now.
    "There's nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.”--Matthew Perry :D

Don't forget to be awesome <3
    No need to feel old. You're not nearly the oldest around.

• AnweshAnwesh Posts: 1
    15 and I read his book this year...both looking for Alaska and tfios.
    Dftba nerfighters...I`m new here I`d love to interact with you all...
  • TFiOS. I think I was 11?
    Did you understand it at that age?

• beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 568 ✭✭✭

Did you understand it at that age?

I was 13, and I'm pretty sure I didn't understand anything besides the main part about how
    A girl with cancer and a boy who had cancer go to Amsterdam and meet a writer they like. The boy gets cancer again and it's all very sad.

I wasn't able to comprehend any of the themes or the message until two years later when we did the book in school.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz