Homestuck and MSPA

Comments

• see, i dont think gamzee is actually dead. that death was neither heroic nor villainous... but i definitely thought it was amusing to watch. any thoughts on the newest update? do you think he actually found the MSPA server?
    DFTBA
  • TimeLadyKaitTimeLadyKait Posts: 20
    I really hope Gamzee isn't dead. I quite enjoy his potential to go on a random murdering rampage...It makes for a good body count...and I'm not sure with that update...the way it was written seems weird. (I mean the message Caliborn found on the board)
    "You gave me a forever within the numbered days"
  • I guess the question is whether Gamzee was really God Tier or not. Because the wings he was wearing were fake. I dunno, it just seems weird that he would die so easily given that we saw he was the only troll who had never died in any timeline. 

I think there's a good chance that Calliope is writing that dialogue, it certainly sounds like her. I saw a theory before that Homestuck is all written by Calliope. I think it was a joke theory, but this certainly lends itself to that.
  • StageCraftStageCraft Posts: 76
    edited November 2012
    He cant be dead right? wasn't he called the most important character in Homestuck?

by StageCraft
    "Man forgets reality and remembers words.” 
    ― Roger Zelazny

International Tea-Drinkers Society ----- without the Tea it's just DFBA
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    see, i dont think gamzee is actually dead. that death was neither heroic nor villainous... but i definitely thought it was amusing to watch. any thoughts on the newest update? do you think he actually found the MSPA server?
    Pretty much confirmed he was a fake God Tier since his codpiece was given to him by Kurloz and his wings fell off as fakes.
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
  • @themiragechild aaaah, right
    DFTBA
    On the "Search" feature on MSPA, the log is referred to as an "Authorlog." Either the terminal person is Hussie, or some other meta-fictional entity that controls the plot of the story. Quirk-less, too, so it's probably Hussie.
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
  • turntechGodheadturntechGodhead Posts: 33
    edited November 2012
    Spoiler: I don't know how to make a spoiler tag.

Edit: On the original subject of favorite characters, I bet you could all guess mine.
    by turntechGodhead
  • NowWeAreAllTomNowWeAreAllTom Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Make a spoiler tag by typing [*spoiler] Thing I want to say! [/spoiler*] but remove the * from each.

This is getting really interesting. I'm intrigued by Caliborn's learning disability for one thing, but the way he's interacting with the "narrator" could take the whole plot in a really interesting direction. I like the idea that Homestuck is all written by Calliope (which would make it fanfiction of itself) but I feel like at this point that would be almost too simple.
    Sig nature.

I am on a weekly podcast about the Harry Potter books. It is good and you would like it.
  • TimeLadyKaitTimeLadyKait Posts: 20
    I feel bad for Gamzee...but I do share Caliborn's hatred for that elevator music. I am curious as to what the keys are for the extremely complex desktop looking thing. The author said that they have multiple different keys for each thing.

"You gave me a forever within the numbered days"
    edited November 2012
    :o( Why won't he just die?

Caliborn+Hussie logs have been amazing thus far. Brilliant.
    by themiragechild
  • pythagoreanPhysicistpythagoreanPhysicist Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Hello!

I've been reading Homestuck since around August. Favorite character... Is extremely difficult, but I guess I'd have to say Roxy? I just love how she's basically the Moirail of all the other Alpha kids.

Hussie=Calliope has been a theory of mine for a while now. It was always kind of a crack theory until the ministrife, which basically had him turn into Callie Ohpeee. As for Gamzee... I don't like Gamzee. I want him to go away. Actually, as interesting as this whole bit is, I want to stop being Caliborn and just go back to being the Alpha kids.

So, someone has to open the floodgates... What are y'all's OTPs?
    "I don't think giving her 'Bambi Eyes' is going to get you a flamethrower." -Calvin and Hobbes
    I honestly don't care about shipping, but the idea of Dirk and Jake getting together just warms me a little. And I'm 95% confident that such a relationship would not work out in the slightest.

But I like Caliborn. :( I just don't like Gamzee. The Caliborn + Hussie interactions have been amazing right now.
    edited November 2012
    OTP is a dangerous subject, but I really liked John and Vriska. I know it's not very imaginative, but I just think they had the cutest pesterlogs. I also like the idea of Jake and Dirk

I too want to get back to the alpha kids. I dont know if Caliborn is talking to Hussie. He had said that he would be limiting his involvement after the Yellow Yard. I guess I'm biased because I just kind of dont want it to be Hussie. I'm thinking it might be a future version of Caliborn. He is a Lord of TIme after all.
    by StageCraft
    ― Roger Zelazny

edited November 2012
    I'm just excited to see the Alpha and Beta kids meet. :D

Edit for Recent Update:
    All but confirmed to be Hussie. This here is so good: But Caliborn. How do you expect to kill me... When I am already dead! 
    by themiragechild
    Damn. I guess it is Hussie. But why would he help the guy who will end up killing him? This just seems all wrong.

(Note: I have to think of Hussie the character not being actually Andrew Hussie, so for narrative reasons can't be the answer. Is taht how everyone else thinks of him too? More of a character now and not so much self insertion as he once was?)
    ― Roger Zelazny

Hussie is immortal. Or God tier. Or both. There's a fine line between Hussie the character and Hussie the author because the character is an extension of himself. He's the one who crafts the story, so his interactions with Lord English/Caliborn are part of his crafting of the story. One thing to notice is that he's the one who sets up each curtain and each act, so the intermissions are what happens between the acts, from his point of view (often), other times it's not.
  • NowWeAreAllTomNowWeAreAllTom Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Regarding OTPs and shipping in general, I'm less about shipping particular characters together and more about just wanting to see fun, funny, dramatic, interesting things happen. So I like any romantic storyline insofar as it brings something interesting out, character-wise. In that regard I think pretty much every relationship that's ever been in the comic has been well-done and enjoyable to read about. 
    Sig nature.

I am on a weekly podcast about the Harry Potter books. It is good and you would like it.
  • SquishuSquishu Posts: 6
    Oh heck yes a Homestuck discussion, what a nice thing to see after just joining Nerdfighteria.
    As far as the recent updates go, I think they are some of the most interesting in a while! Good semislow exposition and silly antics at Caliborn's (humorous) displeasure.
    Hey it's Dave
    I run a blog over here
    You can check it out if you want
    (language & content warning)
    DFTBA
    So, this is floating around the HS Facebook pages now. (<--- update spoiler, sort of)

It makes a frightening kind of sense.

Personally, I'm a pretty hardcore shipper. Dirk/Jake is my OTP, but I also like Johnkat and Dave/Jade and Rosemary and about a million other ships.
    "I don't think giving her 'Bambi Eyes' is going to get you a flamethrower." -Calvin and Hobbes
  • SylphofLifeSylphofLife Posts: 7
    I have been reading Homestuck since late May this year. I don't think you can tell I love it or anything- just based off my username anyway...
  • VyctorianVyctorian Posts: 90 ✭✭
    I just got up to date on Homestuck on friday. It took me about a year and a half to read the first half and about a week to read the second half.

As for my favorite characters those are Dave, Dirk, and Vriska.
    ^Congratulations! Welcome to Homestuck withdrawals...

By the way, I made a SBURB RP.
    Super amusing. Begs the question: how the heck are we gonna get to the next page??
    ^
    My guess is you have to chase the button around with your mouse like you're playing whack-a-mole.
    I'm just going to change the number in the URL
    ― Roger Zelazny

I'm getting the withdrawals hard, the past two nights I've had dreams about Homestuck.
  • sully_vansully_van Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hey :)

I started reading Homestuck around November of last year and I really love it, hehe. My favorite characters are Aradia and Dave! With shipping...I'll ship just about anything, to be completely honest. 
    by sully_van
    I'm enjoying the new pages.
  • Anybody heard the theory that the console Caliborn is using is controlling the story? The things popping into his head were coming from it and there's an idea that he somehow uses it to change the story and insert a crazy-unrealistic version of himself as Lord English. LE's basically an older, stronger, more powerful version of Caliborn because Caliborn just wants to skip to the end and win.
    Also, something I came up with is that if the above is true then LE's constant honking is just Gamzee temporarily stealing the keyboard.