South East, UK

deethedeerdeethedeer Posts: 1
I noticed that we don't have a South East UK thread on here yet, and we used to on yourpants.org, so I thought I'd make one!

Hi, I'm Dee, and I'm from the Hastings-ish area of South East England! :) There's about 12 or so nerdfighters I know of in the area, and although a lot of us are now going to the same college, we do hold meet-ups and stuff in the area sometimes, so if you're also from the area YOU SHOULD TOTALLY COME TO ONE OF OUR GATHERINGS SOMETIME! :D

If you're from anywhere else in South East England you should post here too, because, yay, local nerdfighters! I know of a nerdfighter or two in Eastbourne, and I think there are some in Kent too, so, yeaah, you should all have meet-ups and decrease world suck and stuff :)

A few of my friends and I are also interested in starting a East Sussex HPA chapter soon (more info on the HPA here), so if you're interested in being part of that then do say! I'm not sure what our HPA chapter will do yet, as we haven't really planned much (apart from we'd like to host a quidditch match ;P), but we'd love to start one and see what happens!

DFTBA! *does gangsign*

Comments

• tribalsquidtribalsquid Posts: 2
    I'm from the South East (Medway specifically) and I would love to go to a meet up cause i don't know any other nerdfighters!
  • LoonyNarglesLoonyNargles Sussex, EnglandPosts: 9
    I'm Ella! I am from Brighton-ish area, not really that close to you two but close enough to be awesome. ;) I don't know if there are really any Nerdfighters locally but there probably are, they're just all hiding.
  • tribalsquidtribalsquid Posts: 2

Ella, I used to live near Brighton! In a place called Goring-on-sea, which was essentially Worthing :)

• toodlepiptoodlepip Posts: 7
    Hi guys :) I'm in Kent (Hythe/Folkestone area) so not too far from Hastings really :) any of you going to Vidcon?
    a quark is a fundamental constituent of matter, it is also the sound of a posh British duck

Ella, I used to live near Brighton! In a place called Goring-on-sea, which was essentially Worthing :)

Ahh cool! Hahaa I had family who lived in Worthing but I think they moved recently xD
    toodlepip said:
    Hi guys :) I'm in Kent (Hythe/Folkestone area) so not too far from Hastings really :) any of you going to Vidcon?
    Nopey dopey I'm not going to vidcon, I cannot afford these things... I wanted to go to LeakyCon next year but I can't get to Florida :(
  • LariDGLariDG Posts: 15
    I'm Ella! I am from Brighton-ish area, not really that close to you two but close enough to be awesome. ;) I don't know if there are really any Nerdfighters locally but there probably are, they're just all hiding.
    Hey I live just outside Lewes. I Don't know any local Nerdfighters
  • muysimuysi Posts: 4
    Just checking in as another person from the South East :) South Oxfordshire here
  • AnishaDhirAnishaDhir Posts: 3
    I know this post was from a few months ago but just dropping off to say hello from the reading area in Berkshire!
    LariDG said:
    Hey I live just outside Lewes. I Don't know any local Nerdfighters
    omg seriously? I'm in Lewes like all the time for college xD I don't know any either!
  • ladypepper64ladypepper64 PortsmouthPosts: 1
    Hey I'm from the Portsmouth area, does that count under South East? I'm crap at geography!
    Hey, from around Brighton, anyone off to Brighton Science Festival?
    LariDG said:
    Hey, from around Brighton, anyone off to Brighton Science Festival?
    I didn't even know there was a science festival xD 
    It's every February.
    And my sister goes to collage in Lewes and she is also called Ella! :p
    LariDG said:
    And my sister goes to collage in Lewes and she is also called Ella! :p
    Hahha woah that's creepy xD
  • Mr_EnclaveMr_Enclave Hampshire, United KingdomPosts: 8
    Hampshires south east right? Well if so that's where I live if there's any nerd fighters around here.
  • boycejadeboycejade Posts: 4
    Any Nerdfighters in Kent and near ashford ?? X
  • CassieAstraeaCassieAstraea London, UKPosts: 100
    London?
  • frexyeahfrexyeah UKPosts: 3
    I don't know how active this thread is any more, but I've always wondered how many active nerdfighters there were around here. I'm on the East Sussex / Kent border so anywhere along the Brighton-Ashford train line is feasible if there was going to be a Nerdfighter meetup or a HPA chapter (which would be super cool). Or we can just talk on here... I don't know how these things work.
    frexyeah said:
    I don't know how active this thread is any more, but I've always wondered how many active nerdfighters there were around here. I'm on the East Sussex / Kent border so anywhere along the Brighton-Ashford train line is feasible if there was going to be a Nerdfighter meetup or a HPA chapter (which would be super cool). Or we can just talk on here... I don't know how these things work.
    I don't think many people are active here :( but I'm sure there are loads of Nerdfighters in the area!
  • EmmaONeillEmmaONeill Posts: 1
    hi guys I'm from surrey, if you know someone around my area can you let me know, have yet to find any ;)
  • PheePhee Posts: 4
    I'm from near Cambridge and have yet to meet any hardcore nerdighters
  • wonderland17wonderland17 Posts: 9
    im in kent :)