Which brother?

SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Vlogbrothers
Which one do you prefer, John or Hank?
When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.

Which brother? 162 votes

John
51%
EverydayCaitNyriMyrtoLookingForMyMiracleDeeweeSarah_Plain_and_TallOlleGiantSquidOfAwesomeFerronFriendship2seaurchinSANTA_ATE_CHICAGOanything_but_averageMadameBonaparteNowIOnlyWantATriumphmy_name_is_carlyWingspanTNRGirlFridayPercythegreenDownwithduckies 84 votes
Hank
48%
HankRaekatsweirdAbiCoooper0Martina0becrhodesAsparagus515Strange_QuarkMagratheanPetuniasWilliamson93KikoiaMyHandsAreOrangeKreationaguy38sonicscrewdriver42Cycle_of_LaughterCowWranglerdettearnodelozoCelloLordKariklarinett 78 votes

Comments

• TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Er... they both have awesome stuff about them, I think I'm undecided.
  • OlleOlle Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    John
    On second thought, maybe we shouldn't be voting on who's better on a forum where at least one of the brothers is technically a member? =P
    by Olle
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    John
    Its not who's better so much as it is who you identify with more.
    by SANTA_ATE_CHICAGO
    John
    Well, it's weird with me, because while I'm more similar to Hank in many ways (I'm a biologist, I'm not religious, etc) I think I'd enjoy hanging out with John more. Maybe because I think he could teach me more things I didn't already know.
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
  • katnisskittkatnisskitt Kitchener Ontario, CanadaPosts: 74
    I can't decide. They are both very awesome in their own ways and I look up to both of them.
    John
    Olle said:
    Well, it's weird with me, because while I'm more similar to Hank in many ways (I'm a biologist, I'm not religious, etc) I think I'd enjoy hanging out with John more. Maybe because I think he could teach me more things I didn't already know.
    Its weird with me too because I connect with John more even though my one brother is older than me by 2 years.
  • Hank
    Yay, my vote made it even!
    I had to pick Hank because before I ever saw a vlogbrothers video, he helped me pass Ap biology
  • RoxieFlashRoxieFlash Dalton, GAPosts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I could ever pick!
    Things Em Says - Blog - Youtube Channel
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    John
    Hank may rule YouTube but John seems that much more like a regular guy that way. He has kids to take care of, and he has only a moderate range of success. Hank is more like your really cool brother, you seem to not ever really be able to take him seriously, but John is like the best dad ever and so you can always take him seriously and his voice is so captivating. Both literarily and physically, I mean Thoughts From Places, majors feels.
  • Labuser05Labuser05 Posts: 5
    OH No!!! I can not decide!
  • John
    I love them both! But on the general trend I do enjoy John's videos more. I couldn't say what it is particularly, I just identity with them more.
  • MagratheanPetuniasMagratheanPetunias Herefordshire, UKPosts: 71 ✭✭
    Hank
    Had to go for Hank.  It was so close, but his music and sheer volume of projects took it.  John is great and his books and projects are as well.  

• supernerdbrosupernerdbro Posts: 3
    Hank
    sorry john. i really like the songs

• NyriNyri Posts: 10
    John
    I like both when it comes to watching.  I feel like I might relate a little more to John, so I voted for him.
  • Honestly I think of them as a team. Choosing between them doesn't work because I love them as brothers (and individuals of course, but it wouldn't be the same if they didn't work together). I love what they're able to accomplish because they want to change the world side by side.
  • bluesapphire2000bluesapphire2000 IndiaPosts: 150 ✭✭
    Looks like more people like John better(or identify with him) than Hank. I don't think I can choose. When I initially became a nerdfighter, I liked Hank better. John was on his paternity leave, and I saw more of Hank. But then he came back and I watched their previous videos and read TFiOS. Now they're equal for me. Both are awesome in their own ways. I sometimes relate to John and sometimes to Hank, it's a pretty difficult decision for me. It's interesting to see other's point of view though. 
  • RiverSethRiverSeth EnglandPosts: 448 ✭✭
    Both.
    they are both amazimg

To read my book reviews, click the link!

My Blog   My Youtube

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

• BluebelltherabbitBluebelltherabbit Mississauga OntarioPosts: 2
    I don't want to decide between them! They're both so different and wonderful!
  • I love them both equally. They both have their own special qualities that make them who they are and I don't think it's fair to compaire. Every one is diferent. :bz
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk South Bend, IndianaPosts: 92 ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Hank
    I'm in the can't choose group, too. I think they're both interesting. Hank makes me laugh and ponder more, but John makes me want to improve myself and aspire to do good things more. So, I enjoy watching both.
    by JasmineSkunk
  • runitsclorunitsclo PigfartsPosts: 3
    Nonononononono. I refuse to pick one. ;)
  • _RobbieBlair__RobbieBlair_ UtahPosts: 26
    John
    Oddly enough, I want to be like John. And I think I like Hank better.
  • John
    Honestly I just ennie meenie mynie moed (how on earth does one spell that!?) but they are both so amazing in their own ways. 
    John
    I just have to say that the poll is adorably close.
  • FerronFerron Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 37
    John
    Olle said:
    Yep, as it should be :)

I chose John just because I like watching his videos a bit more than Hank's, especially with Crash Course.
    John
    Ferron said:
    Olle said:
    Yep, as it should be :)

I chose John just because I like watching his videos a bit more than Hank's, especially with Crash Course.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I like both of their vlogbrothers videos equally, but I definitely prefer John's Crash Courses.
  • AwesomeJakeAwesomeJake Houston, TexasPosts: 8
    John
    I look up more to John. Even if he's only a few years older than me, some of his videos have a fatherly feel about them.

I feel like Hank and I would be better friends though. Maybe he'd want to jam with me.
  • KikoiaKikoia Posts: 6
    Hank
    I think I relate to Hank more--at the moment. Doing all the crazy things with music and super mario bros. and general Hank-ness is more on my level in terms of age. I feel like as I get older, I'll probably start thinking that I relate more to John. Not that I don't like John now, his Thoughts from Places videos are my all-time favorites right behind Question Tuesdays.
  • John
    I am more of a humanities guy and I find John more relatable (partly because he chooses to share a little more)
  • Williamson93Williamson93 Small City Ontario CanadaPosts: 2
    Hank
    Ironically I watch these guys with my little sister but identify more with Hank then John. I guess it's because I'm more of a science person and though I love John, I understand what Hank is saying more often than I do John.