Saying Farewell to the Swoodilypoopers

CatherineCatherine Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
I know we are all sad about what has happened. I will miss the Swoodilypoopers dearly. But I think we should all try to come together as Swoodilypooper supporters one final time and find a way to express our love for this team, all our fond memories, and our thanks to Bald John Green, Manager John Green, and Manager John Green especially.
I'm not sure what form this would take, but song feels appropriate.
I don't have much in the way of skills in this area, but I'm sure someone out there does!
Please contribute ideas if you've got 'em!

Comments

• DFTBA2013DFTBA2013 Posts: 4
    Hmmm.... Maybe a book?
  • CatherineCatherine Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    @DFTBA2013 that could be really cool too!
  • un_beknownstun_beknownst Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Well, I've been kicking around an idea for a while (before the sudden, devastating end to the Swoodilypoopers).

My idea was to hold an online FIFA tournament. (In my head I call it the Nerdfighter Cup.) Everyone who participates would pick a charity at the beginning of the tournament, and you earn money for your charity as you progress through the competition. (Much like any cup tournament, where a team earns money for every round they survive.)

I thought of it initially as something to do during P4A, but there might not be enough time to get it together before then (holy snood, it's almost November!). Which is fine, there's never a bad time to decrease Worldsuck.

But now that John's career as a semiprofessional FIFA player may be over (my understanding is that you when you're fired by your Board in FIFA then your tenure ends immediately, you don't get one more game in charge. So I'm guessing that the meta-narrative reason for the sacking is that John is too busy and/or burnt out to continue), this may be a good way to fill the void.
    For my part, I also plan on starting my own FIFA YouTube series as manager of AFC Wimbledon. I've been wanting to do this for about a year but I haven't been able to afford the equipment to record Xbox 360 gameplay. But now that there's no more Swoodilypoopers I feel a sense of renewed urgency. (The new series may or may not feature Bald John Green, or as close to a version of him as I can manage.)
  • ladycovington15ladycovington15 somewhere only we know <3Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Part of me thinks that John doesn't deserve any sort of present for putting us through his post-paternity-leave-insanity.

Another part of me just came up with what I think will be an amazing OJG/BJG fanfiction. Kind of a sequel to The Johns Green but in FIFA13.
    I, uh, wrote this thing.
    It's Bald John Green/Other John Green fanfiction.
    I'd rather shamelessly self-promote it than spam you on ALL the forums, so here we go =)
    WRITE THAT FANFIC!!!
    @Catherine Oh, I am.
    I, uh, wrote this thing.
    I'd rather shamelessly self-promote it than spam you on ALL the forums, so here we go =)
  • CertainlyUncertainCertainlyUncertain London, EnglandPosts: 2

@Catherine Oh, I am.
    I am really excited about this.
    edited October 2013
    @certainlyuncertain I'm really super excited to share it with you. I've got just about 9,000 words right now, and I think I like...eh. Half of them ;) Maybe once I hit a good stopping point, I'll send them to you. :)

(p.s. OH NO! You figured out who I am! Alissa's cover is blown! ;) oh well. She was never the best alias anyways...)
    by ladycovington15
    I, uh, wrote this thing.
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    Why don't we have Charlie McDonnell take over for John? Same data file and all, right where John left off. It probably wouldn't work with Hank or Michael because Hank is no better at video games than John (in fact, I'd argue that he's worse) and Michael is really busy. Charlie, however, lives on the Internet so he'd be a natural choice. Plus he's British so he can tell us more about the opposing teams and give us Americans better understanding of the game from someone whose sports repertoire isn't full of hand egg or baseball. Then, when Henry is old enough, he can return the Swoodilypoopers to their home management family. Hopefully he'll be better at it than John. What do you guys think of this idea?
    Haha I don't know how much time Charlie has, but if he's down, I'd follow. I  would miss John's commentary, but I think it'd still be cool
    John's recent tweets about FIFA 14 are giving me hope that even if the swoodilypoopers are gone, john playing FIFA might not be!
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    @Catherine, let's make it happen. Let us use our powers of Awesome.
    Heck, I would be down with bringing a few people in to do FIFA videos. Maybe have everyone have their own team. Organize it like an informal league.
  • MacpantsMacpants Posts: 14
    Heck, I would be down with bringing a few people in to do FIFA videos. Maybe have everyone have their own team. Organize it like an informal league.
    Um, yes please!
    I know the grief has been ameliorated by the AFC Wimbledon thing (and rightfully so!) but I still think it would be worthwhile to do a Say Farewell To The Swoodilypoopers. This team brought us all together, and while we'll move on and be okay with the new club this was still a big deal to us. (It's not unlike when the Doctor regenerates- you're excited for the new stories, but this particular incarnation is gone.)

• nonfistulanonfistula Posts: 2

The Nerdfighter cup would be great! but what would be done about team ability? For example if I chose to play as Swindon it would be to large of a difference in team ability if I were to play against Liverpool or Arsenal

The Nerdfighter cup would be great! but what would be done about team ability? For example if I chose to play as Swindon it would be to large of a difference in team ability if I were to play against Liverpool or Arsenal

When I've played in FIFA tournaments in pubs there was often a rule that contestants couldn't play with a team that was rated higher than 4 stars. Presumably that was to both make it fair and to prevent a situation where everyone was playing with either Manchester United or Barcelona. (In those tournaments I usually played with Borussia Dortmund, who until FIFA 14 were rated around 4 stars and matched my preferred style of play.) So we could definitely institute a rule like that. Or maybe have it so people could only choose teams from a particular league (like League One, or 2.Bundesliga, or MLS).
  • gerenjiegerenjie Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Wait, didn't he start playing as the wimbly womblies? Or I that just temporary?
    gerenjie said:
    Wait, didn't he start playing as the wimbly womblies? Or I that just temporary?
    He did! His Swoodilypooper series is over. Wimbly Womblys is now his main thing on Hankgames. (Not sure if he's still going to manage South Africa. I hope he does! South Africa winning the World Cup would be aaaaaamazing.)
    edited November 2013
    Alright, guys. I did it. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9825646/1/John-Greens-John-Greens

I'm thinking I'll post every Wednesday and Saturday. I've got 10 more chapters queued, and after NaNoWriMo, I'll keep writing. =)
    by ladycovington15
    I, uh, wrote this thing.