Mod Update: Hello (particularly to new users) and Welcome!

LukeLuke Resident Spam CleanerDublinPosts: 7,876 Admin
edited October 2013 in Rules and Support
Hey everyone. Welcome to the Our Pants forums, I hope you enjoy your stay. Since Hank posted the pumpkin contest we've had a lot of new users, which is fantastic! 

I'm Luke and I'm one of the moderators here. The others are @gnaist and @leonwingstein. To older members you may or may not have known that, and to new members it's always helpful to know who you can talk to with issues on the forums. 

If you have any concerns or troubles during your time on here, we'd welcome your message. We want you to enjoy the forums as much as we do and will do what we can to help you out!

If you have a more general question you can post it in this forum and you can publicly discuss it with other users and moderators. Otherwise you can private message us at any time. Isn't that great?
~Luke (on behalf of the currently active mods)

I think this is a full list of mods and admins (including inactive ones, but not including the above 3). I've not @ mentioned them because they're either not active or probably have more important things to do:
Kasperisager
sammich117 
valerie2776 
itfeelslikegold 
imarielle 
zikiri 
ktentacles 
suchducks 
thelastgoodkiss 
ittakesii 
katiefab
Madeline_starr
mmmorganj

by Luke

Comments

• LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't send Personal messages! I just get this: Permission problem, you don't have permission to do that.
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

• LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,876 Admin
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly logging out and logging back in fixed the problem. If that fails, let us know
    I've tried that a thousand times :/
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

Ok @kasperisager might be able to check it out if he's around. I'd dig up his email for you but I'm on mobile at the moment, sorry.

How long has it been going on for?
    Since Kasper removed the downvote button. 

• I think i'm just not used to the format here, but how do i post a picture? I have a pumpkin picture to post but I'm clueless here. It's probably really obvious and I apologize. 
    @lostinnerdiness Best way is to upload it to an image hosting site  (like Photobucket, Flickr or imgur). Once it's uploaded copy and paste the link for that picture then, on this forum, click the button to insert an image (I believe it's the 19th across from the left in the post editor). Paste the URL in there and see if the image has shown up. If it was the right URL it should work fine.

Any issues feel free to bring them up again :)
  • thank you so much!
  • andrine23andrine23 Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I've been trying to post pictures using the links from my Flickr account and the insert images button, but it won't work... what am I doing wrong? help me?  image  It would appear that I'm not the only one with this problem, as there are many other posts with broken links.  On the other hand, I see posts of photos from other people's Flickr accounts, so I don't think it's a Flickr problem... Any ideas?
    by andrine23
    @andrine23 if you right click on the image and view it in a certain size then right click on it again to view the image in a new tab you can get the image URL. If I find an easier way then I'll let you know. P.S. Your image below should work

• andrine23andrine23 Posts: 5
    Yay it works!! Thank you
  • skreganskregan Mobile, AlabamaPosts: 6
    Is there a "how this site works" thingy anywhere?
    S. K. Regan