Mary Kate Wiles (Lydia) as Alaska?

WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
This is just hypothetical, but do you guys agree with me that Mary Kate Wiles would be an amazing choice to play Alaska if a movie version of Looking for Alaska were ever made?

Comments

• RussetRusset Posts: 11
    Well, not exactly.
    M.K. Wiles is a very good actress, and I absolutely adore her acting, but her general attitude and look seems a lot different than someone I would picture playing Alaska.
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Russet said:
    Well, not exactly.
    M.K. Wiles is a very good actress, and I absolutely adore her acting, but her general attitude and look seems a lot different than someone I would picture playing Alaska.

Watch The Lydia Bennet towards the end. In fact, watch all of The Lydia Bennet. It and Squaresville really show her range as an actress. And right in the middle of that range, sits Alaska.
    by WingspanTNR
  • RussetRusset Posts: 11
    I've already watched the entire LBD, ahaha. I know she has an extensive range as an actress, I just can't see her as Alaska.
    edited December 2013
    Russet said:
    I've already watched the entire LBD, ahaha. I know she has an extensive range as an actress, I just can't see her as Alaska.
    Fair enough, I initially couldn't see Shailene Woodley as Hazel, but now I can't see anyone else as her, so I understand.
    by WingspanTNR
  • I imagined Alaska looking more like a mix between Natalie Portman and Demi Lovato, but that's just my opinion.
  • makeitagoodonemakeitagoodone 221B Baker St., Camelot, Narnia, GallifreyPosts: 123 ✭✭
    I think she'd make a great Alaska!! Did you know there's a video where Mary Kate Wiles plays Alaska briefly?? It's in a series entitled "I Didn't Write This"
    “Maybe it’s just in America, but it seems that if you’re passionate about something, it freaks people out. You’re considered bizarre or eccentric. To me, it just means you know who you are.”
    - Tim Burton
    I think she'd make a great Alaska!! Did you know there's a video where Mary Kate Wiles plays Alaska briefly?? It's in a series entitled "I Didn't Write This"
    Yes!! I've been following everything she's done since LBD. (Not in a stalker way, just a fan way) I love IDWT and KiTR and ATTV and all of Shipwrecked. I kinda had a fanboy moment in the comments of that particular episode of IDWT. You could probably find it.
  • MadietheNerdMadietheNerd UnspecifiedPosts: 10
    Completely! With a bit of dark hair dye and electric-blue nail polish, she'd be a spitting image of how I saw Alaska.