Lydia predictions

124»

Comments

• timeywimeytimeywimey Posts: 39 ✭✭
    [SPOILER]Checking the LBD twitters, and it seems Charlotte definitely knows about the Lydia site, as she's desperately trying to get in contact with Lizzie. Unfortunately, Lizzie tweeted that her phone has stopped working. Lydia and George haven't said anything today. This is such a brilliant adaptation. We've been giving all these theories but did anyone predict this?[/SPOILER] I am dreading what happens next but I am also excited...
    It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck being packed in with fertilizer--and fuel oil--pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse!

• nickcurrynickcurry Posts: 139 ✭✭

@timeywimey

[SPOILER] Yeah I just saw that as well. And have you seen Gigi Darcy's video? On testing on some new Pemberley Digital app that automatically records and upload videos? And she mentioned some bugs with the system. I'd bet that it's going to malfunction somehow and we get to see the whole drama unfolding when Lizzie finds out because realistically Lizzie would never share something like that to the whole world. [/SPOILER]

• KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    @Knyx
    While I agree that's highly likely, I hope we will see someone--be it Jane, Mary, or GG--step it up and track her down.  One of them has to believe her side of the story. I hope.
  • kaelbukaelbu Posts: 3
    @Knyx ;
    I disagree. Mary Kate Wiles said on her tumbler that the photo is real --granted, I guess that doesn't mean there is a video in Universe. While I would probably die of shock if I found out that they actually made sextape, in universe, I'm fairly certain the tape exists. Why would Wickham do this otherwise? I feel like he would be found out too easily if it doesn't exist. And he has a motive: he's doing it to get back at Lizzie (maybe for telling the world what a bad human being he is?) and also, it's an excellent way to make some fast cash. 
    I do like the points about not trusting Lydia being the last straw for her.... but if that assumes that everyone is really judgmental towards her about it. Which I'm not sure they will be. I think when they watch her videos, they'll see how much they've hurt her. George Wickham is the worst person to make sex tape with, but she trusted him -- and LOADS of people at the very least send "dirty" pictures to their significant other. Also, if it doesn't exist, where does Darcy come in? Darcy saving the day is instrumental in Lizzie's realization that he still loves her and that she, in fact, loves him back. 
  • ThisIsLissThisIsLiss Posts: 23
    kaelbu said:
    @Knyx ;
    I disagree. Mary Kate Wiles said on her tumbler that the photo is real --granted, I guess that doesn't mean there is a video in Universe. While I would probably die of shock if I found out that they actually made sextape, in universe, I'm fairly certain the tape exists. Why would Wickham do this otherwise? I feel like he would be found out too easily if it doesn't exist. And he has a motive: he's doing it to get back at Lizzie (maybe for telling the world what a bad human being he is?) and also, it's an excellent way to make some fast cash. 
    I do like the points about not trusting Lydia being the last straw for her.... but if that assumes that everyone is really judgmental towards her about it. Which I'm not sure they will be. I think when they watch her videos, they'll see how much they've hurt her. George Wickham is the worst person to make sex tape with, but she trusted him -- and LOADS of people at the very least send "dirty" pictures to their significant other. Also, if it doesn't exist, where does Darcy come in? Darcy saving the day is instrumental in Lizzie's realization that he still loves her and that she, in fact, loves him back. 
    I agree with you completely about the existence of the tape being real. I'm hoping that Lizzie and Jane believe that she did it because Wickham asked her to (and she would do anything for him as stated) and that she didn't think of the repercussions. But hopefully they'll be sensitive enough not to get mad at her for it and understand right now she needs love and support, so I disagree with the theory of it being the last straw and her running away for good.
    I agree with @kaelbu that the sex tape must exist for Darcy to be able to get rid of it financially, I think that's why there's the countdown, to give him time to get George to agree to delete it and to take down the website. And after he's done all this for Lydia (well, for Lizzie), she'll realise how she loves him etc. This also makes me scared that the end of the series is near :(

On a side note all the touching today was so sweet. Darcy was being so sensitive and kind, he made sure not to say anything judgmental which with his pride he would've in the past. And with his social awkwardness doing all the touching and affection would've been hard so their relationship has obviously evolved. It's such a shame cus I bet Lizzie would've agreed to go to the theatre with him just the 2 of them and he would've had some more reassurance of her feelings but now he doesn't know at all.  
    French The Llama! 

This Is Liss!

DFTBA
  • QablunaQabluna Posts: 13
    Aww, I see that Lydia has emerged from her internet-silence and had a spurt of activity on YouTube today, liking a number of videos including
    LBD #2 (when the sisters were introduced), and a few music videos including 'I knew you were trouble')
    Am hoping this bodes well for some sort of reconciliation between the sisters tomorrow.
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    She's been liking all sorts of things on her tumblr.  Things about Dizzy, things about Wickam.  It's also as close as they have come to breaking the forth wall.
    http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/thelydiabennet
    by Knyx
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • QablunaQabluna Posts: 13
    Thanks. I don't use tumblr much, so have mostly had an eye on the twitter/YT in-world activity.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭

IT'S GONE IT'S GONE THE WEBSITES GONE!!

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    "We're sorry. Due to reasons 
    beyond our control, we are no longer able to offer this product."

WOOHOO!!!!!
    by aSnowyEvening
  • :D IT'S GONE! Take that WICKHAM! That's why you don't mess with the LY-DEE-AH!