Crash Course Art History?

Where John could go through the different and most influential art movements. It seems like he could do it, since he's already pretty great at history and his a good grasp on art. That and I love me some Art History.

Comments

• WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    I would love it if they did this. Maybe Sarah could host it as a companion series to the Art Assignment.
  • gerenjiegerenjie Posts: 64 ✭✭
    This is a good idea, and I think it would be cool, but I'm not sure if there's enough material.
  • MetabeardMetabeard Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I like this idea, but "art" is such a huge field to encompass. Are we talking about painting? architecture? sculpture? poetry? music? dance? I studied architecture in college, and I loved how my history classes taught architecture movements alongside painting and sculpture. It can be hard to see how they all relate to each other, but they do. Personally, I find they way they influence each other more interesting than the movements and styles themselves.
    "The only way out is through." -Frost
  • romy16romy16 The Netherlands Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭
    I agree with metabeard, art history its an huge subject, I can remember that from high school where at my final exam I had to learn so much I'm still wondering how I passed that because I had to learn about all the aspects of just one period and that was already difficult. And also my art history had the focus on Europe and not on the rest of the world. Since art is different everywhere