Why can't i change my username?

I just joined the forums today, and I accidentally mis-spelled my username. It was supposed to be Imaginerdygirl. When I click edit my profile and try to change my username I am unable to click into the field and edit it. Can anyone tell me why this is?

Fangirl, Reader, Writer, Nerdfighter

Answers

• SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you figured it out or what, but the way you want your username spelled is how it's spelled.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • athmikaathmika -Posts: 7
    Even I'm not able to change my username. No idea why!
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,836 Admin
    I just joined the forums today, and I accidentally mis-spelled my username. It was supposed to be Imaginerdygirl. When I click edit my profile and try to change my username I am unable to click into the field and edit it. Can anyone tell me why this is?
    Usernames are generally not able to be edited after creation (that's pretty standard on every website I've ever needed a username for). The fastest way to get the correct username (especially if you just created the account) is to immediately create another user. The incorrectly spelled username account can just fade into obscurity with time and lack of use.

If you are having issues or problems with your username (or it gets changed because you accidentally logged in using your Twitter information and it changed your username, which is a known bug), you can contact our resident Vanilla Forums master @KasperIsager. He is a benevolent and all-powerful god who rules over Our Pants. As far as I know, Kasper is the only one who has the power to change usernames.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • L83201L83201 Posts: 1
    When you say fade into obscurity do you mean it will eventually be erased or I will always be able to login again if I remember username and password?
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,836 Admin
    L83201 said:

When you say fade into obscurity do you mean it will eventually be erased or I will always be able to login again if I remember username and password?

You will be able to login again, yes. I meant fade into obscurity as in, over time and disuse, the old account will likely not be searched for or remembered. The long term effect of an unused account is pretty small.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller