Off Topic

KiarKiar ElsewherePosts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Roleplaying
A thread for roleplayers to talk to each other when it doesn't necessarily involve roleplays. That said, this thread could also be used for world-building exercises, (so as not to take up space in the Ideas thread.) Basically, just have fun with this. 
by Kiar
"A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
My writing project

Comments

• TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Bah, I was working on a new discussion for the power/mech war and now it deleted itself >.< Guess I'm rewriting it in word.
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, that sucks. Yeah, I always write up my descriptions in Word so I can just copy and paste them into the new topic when I start it - but that's usually because I'm so long-winded that I rarely can write it all in one sitting. 

Anyone know if there's a way to sticky threads (like this one and the Roleplay Ideas one) to the top of the subforum? I know it was done on YP, but I haven't seen it here.
    My writing project
    No idea, you could ask in the
    edited November 2013
    In the... in the what? In the help thread? In the Palace of Forgotten Knowledge? In the - 

Oh. Oh no. They finally got you. You were sitting there, typing this message when a member of the Hand of the Shadows inevitably found you. Stabbed in the back, most likely. You can only run from them for so long, you know. No one leaves the Hand and lives - lives long, anyway. 

R.I.P. Teaj
    19??-2013
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    God I swear I finished writing that -_-  But you just made me laugh hysterically. My sister is staring at me. I meant to type the help thread
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Teaj has come back from the dead. Note the profile pic of a zombie.
    "Well, scientifically speaking, traditions are an idiot thing." - Rick Sanchez
    edited November 2013
    Well, you know. It happens.
    by Teaj
    o_O

Now the Hand of the Shadows has an undead member. The world as we know it is royally screwed. 
    My writing project
    Ok, seriously, what's the 'Hand of Shadows?'
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same.
  • arachellearachelle Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭
    After I recover from my giggle fit, I concur with that question.
    "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff."
    Dude... you don't just ask that.
    My writing project
    Iiif you say so. :P I'll just google it. Also, we're waiting for you to post in Outbreak
    Also guys, just saying, not gonna be around past like 4 EST today. Going into NYC for a concert! Seeing Jolly and Scale the Summit!
    I work at 3 MST.
    Sure Teaj. Pretend you don't know what it is. (For everyone else: now that you've heard the Shadows' name spoken, none of you are safe. If you find a white chrysanthemum on your doorstep, do not, I repeat, DO NOT acknowledge its existence.)

Oops, sorry, I'll post on Outbreak now.
    My writing project
  • arachellearachelle Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭
    In that case I'll definitely be avoiding white flowers. So, you guys should make suggestions as to what I should hide behind/inside of for my new pic. I'm totally making this into a group exercise.
    "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff."
    @arachelle I expect to see farm animals
    Arachelle, you should hide behind a white flower.
    edited November 2013
    Started a map for that RP, still working on it and the other stuff, should have the RP up today, though. Anyway, I need input on the map,  made it in paint so it kinda sucks.image
    by Teaj
  • rydude17rydude17 ScotlandPosts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks mostly pretty good, just maybe needs a few more strategic pieces of usefulness. Like, maybe add some hills or something similar above the grassland. Just because I feel like there's not much in the way of strategic defense for the power country, while the mechs have all those mountains you'd need to climb to attack the capital. I'm not saying it should also be up a mountain but maybe have, like, some extra forests surrounding it or something. Something that'd slow down any attackers, because I feel like Arstid would get attacked so much more often than Kylig 18, because it looks way easier to get to.
    I guess I should mention that the desert is huge. But I see your point, I'll add some more forests to the north of Arstid
    I was picturing Kylig 18 on the coast somewhere, like a cove. Like basically if you left the coast where it is, then rotated the whole map 90 degrees right.
    Erm, I can see that... um... do you mean leave everything where it is and move the cities, or move everything around?
    I get that the desert is really big, but I figure that since they have managed to go into it to fight so often that it is now a desert, it'd probably be entirely possible for them to cross provided they planned ahead, which they would've certainly tried to do at some point since the fighting's been going on for so long.
    I have no idea what I'm saying actually. I'm mainly picturing a lot of scenery form Armored Core: For Answer and Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies to be honest. Can't combine those two and put it into words.
    Oh. yeah, I see what you mean, Ry, I'm also going to be adding military bases in a few locations, namely the desert and one from each country in each forest, and I'm still trying to figure out what Etaldons topography should look like for the most part.

@TheStig sooo... do you think I should change something or not?
    Nah not really, it's good for our text based purposes haha.
    I know how you feel @TheStig. I cannot get the idea of the powered people being like Conduits from inFamous out of my head.
    Hush, they don't kill hundreds to get their powers! XD