Off Topic

1383384385386387389»

Comments

• TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Huh? Aldo hi.

Oh. You mean Trump. Yup. You're screwed.
    by Teaj
  • NatsuNatsu Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭
    Your immigration site crashed.
    How hard is it to get Canadian citizenship?
    Once you apply for permanent residence and get approved you have to move here and live here for two years within a five year period since your aproval, and in that five year period you can't be gone for 6 conservative months. The five year period had to pass before you get citizenship.
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys I could use your help with naming my magic system in the book I'm writing. So in my story, all magic revolves around manipulating natural energies, and can generally be broken up into four categories: manipulating the energies of elements (air, rocks, water, etc.) plants, animals, and yourself.

So the first one was easy, I'm calling that group elementals. I'm not as sure about the other groups, however.

For the plant manipulators, I'm leaning towards floramancers, but if you've got something that sounds more catchy I'm all ears. (I've thrown out other names like gardeners and growers because they didn't really sound magicy enough.)

The animal one isn't controlling animals (and people) so much as it is sensing, understanding, and communicating with them (although a powerful enough magician could use this ability to control.) Right now the placeholder name is empathists, but I also like names that convey something along the lines of sensing, listening, detecting, etc.

The last one is the one I'm least certain about. A person can manipulate their own energies (or aura) to do anything from creating a shield to protect themselves, to making a flame to attack. Right now my placeholder name is "weavers" as they weave their own energies into whatever form is needed. Some other ideas I've had are spirituals, vitalists, makers, protectors... none of them really resonate with me, however. Maybe twiner, similar to weaver, but I don't know.

Anyone else have any preferences/suggestions?
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
  • RiosinRiosin IndianaPosts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hey guys... remember me?

I've been gone for a pretty long while, honestly I've been struggling with school and my mental health. And then I just felt weird about coming back. But I miss this! So here I am!
    by Riosin
    "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
    ~Winnie The Pooh
    NCHS Descants, 2013-2016, four time state champions
    Welcome back! Things have been slow around here recently (I have been sucked into NaNoWriMo) so you haven't missed much. Probably could just jump back into the rp's you were in before.
    My writing project
  • zonzonnzonzonn MarylandPosts: 5,879 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Glad to see you're back. Know it's hard to balance everything sometimes. We all have times where we disappear, but know we'll always be happy to see you around.
    "You have a faint glimmer shining somewhere in the caves of your heart. Maybe you just need a swift breeze to run through you to help spread the fire."
  • RiosinRiosin IndianaPosts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
    ~Winnie The Pooh
    NCHS Descants, 2013-2016, four time state champions
    Good to see you again! Look at what's running right now and let us know if you want to join anything. ^^
    Booooooooooo >:(
    My writing project
  • jimspider13jimspider13 Miss London, UKPosts: 3,916 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, long time time read. How have you all been doing?
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭
    could've been better