In Harry Potter, which character would you like the story to be told from?

The book may be third person, but 98% of it is restricted to Harry.  Who would make a good story?  

For me, probably Snape, even though he is spiteful, a bit of a bully, and his story is rather dark, he is really interesting,  He also makes a lot of stuff happen.  He is also redeemed in Harry's eyes by the end of the story (even though had he not been in love with Lily Evans he would not have given a Peter Pettigrew's ass about Harry.)

Comments

• MelissaaMelissaa Posts: 11
    Maybe Bellatrix Lestrange. She's such a nutter, it would be great to get inside her head.
  • KinnyKinny Hula Paradise Posts: 233 ✭✭
    Hermione would be interesting. Also Dumbledore or Voldemort would be an amazing point of view.
  • MariannaXLeaoMariannaXLeao BrazilPosts: 35 ✭✭
    I can imagine the story being told by  a new and improved Dudley. He would tell his grandkids about the time he was a "fartbag"and made Harry's life a living hell. He would laugh about the cake episode in Harry's 11th brithday and would cry telling how Sirius died.

I know he is annoying but I like to believe that even  Dursely can find  his way to awesomeness!
    "It's as if I've taken love heroin, and now I can't ever have it again."

http://lionwritingbooks.tumblr.com
  • MarcellaMarcella Yeah The NetherlandsPosts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the whole thing from Draco's perspective. In the books he comes across as a troubled boy who doesn't really have a choice, but in the movies he's made out to be the villain. I'd like to see how the whole thing really was for him.
    "If the kids don't believe, make them believe."

- Alex Gaskarth
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I thought of was Ginny, but either Voldemort or Draco could be really, really interesting. 
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• EverydayCaitEverydayCait Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I would really enjoy the it if it was from Draco's perspective. I mean, when we read the books now, he seems really nasty, particularly in the first couple when he's just a bully. It would be neat to see his reasoning behind all of that.
  • Gumba23Gumba23 GermanyPosts: 88 ✭✭✭
    A history of Voldemorts first rise to power, told through the eyes of James, Sirius, Lupin and Peter
    Dumbledore and Grindelwald would be cool too, especially since they left all of that out in the movies.
    Sirius perspective of the third book would be awesome. Seeing how he escapes from askaban and begins plotting to kill peter.
    But then of course this world is so rich in great characters, I'm really looking forward to Newt Scamanders story.

Check out my movie blog over at

http://screentestba.blogspot.de/

• mizziemizzie Fergus Falls, MNPosts: 51
    My first thought was Neville Longbottom.  He's so meek and timid at the beginning and turns into a real hero by the end.  I would like to see it all from his eyes.  Although I would agree that Draco's take on it would be a good read as well.  There is a lot more to him then meets the eyes.
  • SeuMoanSeuMoan FrancePosts: 11
    I would like to read the story from everyone's point of view.

And especially...Luna's. Imagine the wonders we could picture thanks to her insight on the whole story.

(after Luna's, I'd like Snape's and Draco's POV)
    Credits for my profile picture goes to nonexistentninja.
  • Gumba23Gumba23 GermanyPosts: 88 ✭✭✭

I imagine a Luna Lovegood movie would be a little bit on the Yellow Submarine side of sanity ^^

Could be fun though.

Check out my movie blog over at

http://screentestba.blogspot.de/

• Marcella said:

I'd love to see the whole thing from Draco's perspective. In the books he comes across as a troubled boy who doesn't really have a choice, but in the movies he's made out to be the villain. I'd like to see how the whole thing really was for him.

I think Draco's character is amazing amd the book gives way better perspective on it; I would love to read things from his view point after the end of the war.
  • BH622BH622 BaltimorePosts: 128 ✭✭
    I'd love to see the story told from Hedwig's perspective. Up until the last book, Harry probably spoke to him all the time about what was happening and how he was feeling, and I think an ultra innocent narrator ("This is my wizard. He talks a lot. He feeds me, too. I like my wizard.") would be adorable and endearing.
    “This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It's that easy, and that hard.” - Neil Gaiman on writing

Like martial arts? Like reading blogs about it? Not sure? Check out my brand new blog, A Warrior's Journey.
  • EmmaGraceEmmaGrace Hogwarts, reading TFiOS, listening to Hank's music Posts: 4
    I would love to see the book from Fred's perspective, he has always been my favorite character and I would love to see how his years at Hogwarts with Harry went:)
  • thenighttroll13thenighttroll13 Going to school in Wolfville, but I'm from OttawaPosts: 21
    edited September 2014
    I'd really like either Snape, so you could get more detail to the memories you see in Deathly Hallows, or Ron because you get all the same adventures with more knowledge of the wizarding world.
    Also I know this is a minor character, but Dawlish the Auror. He always seems to be doing something that involves him getting stunned or hexed or something along those lines.
    by thenighttroll13
  • KritikalKritikal Boise, IdahoPosts: 250 ✭✭
    Gumba23 said:

I imagine a Luna Lovegood movie would be a little bit on the Yellow Submarine side of sanity ^^

I see no problem with this. I would watch that movie probably more than any other.
    I don't want the world, I just want your half.
  • purpleelephantspurpleelephants Somewhere :)Posts: 12
    BH622 said:

I'd love to see the story told from Hedwig's perspective. Up until the last book, Harry probably spoke to him all the time about what was happening and how he was feeling, and I think an ultra innocent narrator ("This is my wizard. He talks a lot. He feeds me, too. I like my wizard.") would be adorable and endearing.

That would be sooo cute and really unique and clever
  • FangirlKodaFangirlKoda Posts: 11
    *cough* Draco *cough* *cough*
  • TrishaTrisha Posts: 298
    Dobby.
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a version from Luna's perspective. That'd be a fun light comedy I think

• TheTomTheTom Posts: 17
    I would LOVE the book to be told from Snape or Dumbledore's perspective!
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭
    A growing up story for snape would be great. And it should be told by a narrator like stranger than fiction, so you understand his thoughts.