Musical theatre

natalierosenatalierose Rhode IslandPosts: 9
Anyone else here into musical theatre? What are your favorite musicals? My top five are Wicked, Rent, Les Mis, Phantom, and Next to Normal

Comments

• LilahDLTCCLilahDLTCC Posts: 4
    My favourite is Les Mis but I also love Rent, The Phantom, Billy Elliot and everything by Starkid. I really want to watch Wicked but I want to wait until I read the book and that may take a while because I have so much on my plate right now.
    "So what? All writers are lunatics!" - Cornelia Funke
  • meg047meg047 Posts: 1
    I love Rent & Wicked! I also love Little Shop of Horrors!
    With regards to Wicked, you should definitely read the series! It has so much more depth to it :)
  • ifireadifiread OahuPosts: 3
    I love Wicked, Les Mis, Rent, Phantom, and Little Shop of Horror. I also love Violet: The Musical. It's amazing! My highschool did it, last year. Also, I love Rocky Horror Picture Show. :)
  • tiagotheweirdotiagotheweirdo Lisbon, PortugalPosts: 75
    Let's face it: everyone loves wicked. Rocky Horror, Matilda, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, Newsies, Pippin and the Little Mermaid also make me go cray.
  • kkrocks0607kkrocks0607 Posts: 6
    NEWSIES IS MY FAVORITE EVER!  I also love Next to Normal and Catch Me If You Can.  Hairspray, Spring Awakening, BOOK OF MORMON! Idk I listen to like all Broadway everyday… Some Bonnie and Clyde songs are good too
  • cplayercplayer Posts: 7
    Wicked, Rent, Les Mis, N2N, and PotO are probably my top 5 too! Anything by StarKid is golden. I also love Little Mermaid, Evita, and Newsies.
  • crazypenguincrazypenguin SerbiaPosts: 22
    I think my top three would be Hair, Sweeney Todd and Les Mis. Haven't had a chance to see them live yet, though. :(
    Oscail an doras don tailleir fhidhleir 
    Oscail an doras don fhidhleir tailleir 
    Oscail an doras don tailleir fhidhleir 
    Firrinneri fhidhleir tailleir
  • beschwipst_hasebeschwipst_hase OhioPosts: 106 ✭✭
    My favorites by far are Les Mis and Phantom, and I was lucky enough to see them both live! Wicked is probably my third favorite, but I never had a chance to see it live. The book Les Miserables was amazing, and if you saw the musical I hope you read the book, too. It explains so much and goes into way better detail. The musical was probably less than half of the book, but it was still amazing!
  • CaitRoseCaitRose IndianapolisPosts: 887 ✭✭✭
    Favorite musicals... Fame and Seussical, (but I was in those, so that's biased) then also... Phantom, Les Mis, Wicked, Hairspray.
    J-J-J-U-N! I-I-O-R-S! J-U-N-I-O-R-S! Juniors, Juniors, Juniors!
    I-N T-H-E H-O-U-S-E! In the house! In the house! Juniors in the house!!!
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
  • RachelUhrigRachelUhrig OhioPosts: 2
    Phantom is definitely my favorite! I also recently saw Shrek the Musical which was really good.
  • aeryn_of_earthaeryn_of_earth Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I have a special place in my heart for Wicked (but as tiagotheweirdo said, who doesn't?), and another for the Man of La Mancha.  Sweeny Todd is excellent.  I feel like I've outgrown Cats, but I will admit that I went through a very long obsession with it during my pre-teen years, so it still makes me smile.
    Little fly,                             Am I not                        For I dance
    Thy summer's play               A fly like thee?              And drink and sing                  --William Blake
    My thoughtless hand            Or art thou not               Til some blind hand                  Song of Experience
    Has brushed away.                A man like me?               Shall brush my wing.                "The Fly"
  • beschwipst_hasebeschwipst_hase OhioPosts: 106 ✭✭
    In order, my favorite musicals are Next to Normal, Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera, Catch Me if You Can, Rent, and Wicked.
  • mutantninjalapenomutantninjalapeno Posts: 110 ✭✭
    My absolute favorite is Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
  • KritikalKritikal Boise, IdahoPosts: 250 ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I love Les Mis, Book of Mormon, and Little Shop of Horrors like all of yall. I also like Fiddler on the Roof and The Music Man. I don't know if it counts, but I also love Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
    by Kritikal
    I don't want the world, I just want your half.
  • bbbiabbbia Rio de Janeiro, BrazilPosts: 3
    My favorites are Wicked, Rent, Catch Me If You Can, Next To Normal, Les Mis and Legally Blonde. I also got a special place in my heart for Phantom, Dogfight, Cinderella, Book Of Mormon, Into The Woods, Matilda, Newsies and Hairspray. But right now I'm crazy about Heathers. MUSICAL THEATRE IS SO DAMN AWESOME, I CAN'T EVEN
  • I Love Wicked, Les Mis, and Phantom of the Opera. I really love musical theatre but I can't listen to it all that much because of my siblings. (They hate it.)
    :((
    emmlee_redhead_06
  • mekiro34mekiro34 Posts: 16
    My favorite is Mozart l'opera rock, a french musical about Mozart's life, really good and funny
  • mutantninjalapenomutantninjalapeno Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Hamilton, obviously.
  • LiteralSporkLiteralSpork Posts: 4
    @mutantninjalapeno yES HAMILTON
    the soundtrack is amazing!
    Hai! I love reading, writing, drawing, acting, YouTube, Fall Out Boy, and, uh, a lot of other things. Have a lovely day!
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 451 ✭✭✭
    HAMILTON
    I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.