Share Your Language

RaibeanRaibean Oceanside, CAPosts: 144 ✭✭
Hey! This idea was pretty popular in the other forums, so I brought it over here. Basically, this is a thread for people learning languages to find people fluent in those languages to practice with! Skype, e-mails, tweets, tumblrs, vlogs, it doesn't matter - just share the languages you know and the languages you're interested in learning! Even if you don't have any language to offer but English, post here anyway! Plenty of nerdfighters will take your friendship if they already have your language. 

My name's Rhiannon, I know English, and I'm interested in practicing Russian and Spanish - or in learning Dutch!

Comments

• SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    I'm Nick, I speak English fluently, a little Spanish, and a couple words of German, Italian, French, Latin, and Dutch. I want to learn Dutch very badly.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • shaileeshailee Sri LankaPosts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Hi I'm Shailee (Shailendree). I know Sinhala and English. And I would love to learn Tamil
  • gerenjiegerenjie Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    我的名字是葛仁杰, 我要练习中文。

by gerenjie
  • badwolfgirlbadwolfgirl SloveniaPosts: 3
    Hi :)
    I'm Petra, I'm a native Slovenian speaker, fluent in English, and I'd love to practice French or learn Finnish, Polish or Czech.
  • AmandaJayGatsbyAmandaJayGatsby CanadaPosts: 6
    I'm Amanda and I speak tentative French and Latin and would like to learn French  :)
  • ThaTurtleThaTurtle Posts: 2
    I'm Joni and I speak Finnish, Swedish and English and i would like to learn Dutch
  • JoHeWeJoHeWe Posts: 1
    I'm Joris. I speak English and fluently Dutch and I know the basics of French and German. I am interested in learning Arabic, Italian, Norwegian and some basics in the east-Asian languages
  • ongakuizeongakuize Posts: 5

Hi I'm Brooke. I speak English and semi-decent Japanese. I'd love to learn Japanese with someone.

Also, do you guys know about lang-8? It's the best language learning site I've found. I'd recommend getting an account if you're interested (there's a link to my account in my signature).

• IirisSIirisS EstoniaPosts: 8
    Hey, I'm Iiris and I speak Estonian, English and a little bit German and Finnish. I would love to learn Norwegian and Dutch :)

Journey would say that I'm Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world.

• tiagotheweirdotiagotheweirdo Lisbon, PortugalPosts: 75
    Hi, I'm Tiago. I speak fluent Portuguese and English and some decent Spanish. I'm really interested in learning japanese or a scandinavian language 
  • niklavsskujaniklavsskuja Riga, Latvia, Eastern Europe.Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm Niklav. I speak Latvian and English. I'd like to learn Russian.
  • Nerd_and_FreakNerd_and_Freak Bologna, ItalyPosts: 18
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm half Italian, half German. I consider myself trilingual and the languages I speak are (in order of fluency) Italian, English, German. During my school years I had experiences with French, Spanish and Chinese. I'm not learning any languages at the moment, but I offer my help to people who are learning Italian.
  • CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm Izzy, and I speak Hungarian and English. Working on spanish, but I'd love to learn any language, especially Russian.
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Maria_YMaria_Y Posts: 4
    Hi I am Maria and speak fluent Finnish and English. I have also taken German and Swedish and would like to practice these languages.
  • AgniestaAgniesta Posts: 5
    Hey, I'm Agnes! I'm fluent in Polish, and I'm in the process of learning French! :)