Embarrassing/ funny gaming stories

SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
Title says it all. Put 'em here so we can laugh with and at you. ;)

A couple hours ago I was playing FIFA with my brother and I scored an own goal. For a while after I wandered the house occasionally screaming "SHAME!" to the heavens.
When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.

Comments

• kodrakodra Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I was playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth in the dark, in my dorm room, and I was at a really tense spot when my roommate burst in.  I jumped so high in my chair that I broke it on the way down.
  • Gumba23Gumba23 GermanyPosts: 88 ✭✭✭
    I managed to accidentally sacrifice myself to the goddess kali in spelunky... still the best way I managed to die in a video game.

Check out my movie blog over at

http://screentestba.blogspot.de/

• SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    Gumba23 said:
    I managed to accidentally sacrifice myself to the goddess kali in spelunky... still the best way I managed to die in a video game.
    I also have death problems in games, but more in a suicidal way. I find a way to die that seems funny and I just keep killing myself like that for hours. For example: sometimes in Skyrim I just continuously jump off of High Hrothgar
  • ArtemisBoxArtemisBox ArizonaPosts: 86
    First time playing world of warcraft.
    THERE IS A CLIFF!
    Jump!
    friend: josh that's not how you play the game
    Josh: huh?
    *jumps off cliff*
  • ArtemisBoxArtemisBox ArizonaPosts: 86
    There was this one time, where there was an evesdrop mission in assassin's creed and it was in a church with two guards in front of it.
    I got caught and killed like 6 guards.  Then I saved a citizen that allowed for the monks to spawn and hide me to get into the church.  I finished the mission and then as I walked out a citizen said, "That's horrible who could have done such a thing."
    and I said, *out loud* "awh that's horrible"
    then my friend said *in the same room* "bull****"

it was great
  • 2spleenman1232spleenman123 Upstate New York but not that upstate (you know what I am talking about)Posts: 132 ✭✭
    I was in Warframe in a online co-op match and I literally ran in the complete opposite direction of the way I was supposed to go but I somehow made it to the end of the level before them and killed all the enemies before they showed up. They then kicked me I assume out of sheer awe and jealousy.
  • HazeHaze Posts: 18
    First time I ever played assassin's creed, I forgot what a leap of faith was about five seconds after they were first introduced. So when I got to the first view point I synched and because I'm pretty sure in AC1 you didn't have to jump off of the wooden slat things, I remembered something vaguely about jumping and landing safely and basically thought "well, if it's a leap of faith I better have faith that it's gonna end well." So I picked a random spot on the roof and jumped. It didn't end well. 
    I will tread the unknowable paths of life without regret.
    I will talk of gods.
    I will love those who happen to catch my heart.
    I will write words that make my soul happy, and attempt to share that joy with the world.
    You do not know my name yet, 
    But one day you will hear of me. 

• NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    I was playing Animal Crossing and Zell gave me a men's toilet. (I am a woman) :/
    by NerdWriterFighter
  • ilumEmmailumEmma Waterford, IrelandPosts: 5
    Anybody else embarrassed simply by how scary Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were as a younger person? The jump when you go forward in time and the scream is heard running through a Castle Town of zombies, or nighttime in Hyrule Field! My brother still teases me
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Every time I play any smash game which is often with friends.
    I recently started playing Mass Effect 2 again. I was doing a mission with a Praeton (I think that's the name) and kept dying. I was getting mad, but I don't allow myself to swear. So all I ever say when I would swear is balls. Audio of my room: *five minutes of various gun and laser sounds* "BALLS! " repeat.
  • shadowcaller9shadowcaller9 CanadaPosts: 786
    That moment in Harry Potter The Philosophers Stone (for the Gameboy Color) when I thought the quidditch field was used for something.

And that moment where in the same game I could not find snake skin for Snapes class and I looked for several days (8 hours, spread over 3 days) before finally being told by a class mate that it was in his bloody office one room over :(

I looked all over Hogwarts for that one!  
  • NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    I have a bunch pictures on my tumblr on funny stories (especially ones in Tomodachi Life).
  • izy200izy200 Posts: 31
    I was playing minecraft with my friend, and we were both mining separately.  I get really excited, and shout (over skype) "Shiny blue stuff!"
    My friend, "Lapis?"
    Me, "No, diamonds!" *facepalm*
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭
    Not really embarrassing but is kind of funny in an ironic way... I once played on a team with a girl playing as a male character while at the same time I was playing as a female character. This is why you shouldn't flirt with people online based on their avatar. Guys kept flirting with me thinking I was the woman and ignored her thinking she was another man. I had a program so we were actually talking outside of the game but most of the other people in the game weren't on our TeamSpeak so they couldn't hear our voices. Even if they could they probably would of mixed us up anyway.

Oh I also had a character who was designed to be a French man. The game actually had a French symbol as one of the chest decals and it even said in my character's description that was his nationality. Apparently a lot of people didn't realize that description was only for the character and not for me as every time I played him I always ended up on teams with French speaking Canadians. I don't actually speak French at all... I just liked the chest decal and wrote his description around it. I didn't even know they were speaking French till I found someone who spoke both French and English. After that I deleted that character. It's kind of bad when I need an interpreter to talk to my team mates. I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't for the language barrier. The people on that one team were nice but that one guy had to do a lot of extra typing to interpret for me. I have no idea what other people thought about me not listening to them because I couldn't understand what they were saying.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    I recently spent hours playing the Season Unending mission in Skyrim because I wanted it to be perfect.
  • StultumStultum The kingdom of DagonautPosts: 4
    I don't know if tabletop games count, but my character ended up in bed with another character after a few too successful bluff checks, and an ill-advised beer I had him buy in a tavern.

That scenario was a disaster anyway. We were tarred and feathered by the townsfolk because one of our party had killed the mayor and the rest had damaged the church. We never even got to the dungeon we were supposed to clear out.
    'Everyone calls me the fool,' he said, 'But my mother calls me Marius.'
          - Tonke Dragt, The letter for the king