January Transfer Window- Three Possible Targets

un_beknownstun_beknownst Posts: 55 ✭✭
Yesterday, John asked his Twitter followers for some advice on who to buy in the January transfer window.

I've offered some suggestions.

(Sorry for the linkspam, I tried to copy-paste the text of my post here but it's over the character limit.)

Comments

• WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    If you notice, John has liked this on tumblr.
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    FIFA games always work that you should never poach anyone but find out who is on the lists and buy from there. You end up buying players to fill holes that work out far far cheaper.
    The best places to find listed players are the Premier League, the Bundesliga and France Ligue 1. Spain always works out too expensive and unless you find gems, most other leagues aren't up to scratch. 
    I personally wouldn't buy anyone rated less than 65 and even then, high 70s are a good place to aim.

Marquee players just aren't worth the effort.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • un_beknownstun_beknownst Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Rollo said:
    FIFA games always work that you should never poach anyone but find out who is on the lists and buy from there. You end up buying players to fill holes that work out far far cheaper.
    The best places to find listed players are the Premier League, the Bundesliga and France Ligue 1. Spain always works out too expensive and unless you find gems, most other leagues aren't up to scratch. 
    I personally wouldn't buy anyone rated less than 65 and even then, high 70s are a good place to aim.

Marquee players just aren't worth the effort.
    When I started my own career mode game with AFC Wimbledon, my best source for players was MLS- they're affordable, reserve players have skill levels on par with League Two and League One talent while the top MLS players could compete in the Championship, and American players in FIFA tend to have relatively strong work rates. My first season with AFCW in League Two, my big summer buy was Hunter Jumper, a reserve defender for the Chicago Fire. When I bought him he was a 58 skill level. Six seasons on, he's a 75, and is still the first choice left back for the team that just won the Premier League.
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I suppose that if one want to wrangle a marquee player then Del Piero of Sydney FC could be a player worth blowing a stack of money on. He's rated 75.
    Mind you, Del Piero is not the 99 player he was in FIFA '04 (which I'm still running on PC). 

The engine in FIFA 04 which generates new players after old ones have retired is pretty dumb. I have a player for my 2024/5 Blackpool side (21st season) who is 17 years old, black, blond, named Byun Bo-Xi and is Ukrainian. Yeah, I don't get it either.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo