New Theme

LibertyNerd25LibertyNerd25 Reno, NevadaPosts: 357 ✭✭✭
In the YouTube comments, a lot of people seem to dislike the new style of SciShow (background, intro effects, green screen). I just wanted to bring this up. 
We should strive for a society where all men, women, and children have access to what they need to live with dignity. Jobs, living wages, access to a good education, and so on. Only then can we call ourselves humane and just.

Comments

• TitusMoodyTitusMoody MainePosts: 90 ✭✭
    I do think the background is a little bit too busy. It gets distracting and takes a little bit of attention away from the episode, but it's a pretty minor complaint. 

I personally don't mind anything else, it's just different. We'll get used to it. I'd like to just blame it on YouTube commenters being scared of change, but I'd rather not be that pessimistic and grumpy about people I don't know. 
    So, for all of 2014, my brother, sister, and I are doing a Brotherhood 2.0 inspired videoblogging thing! Check it out, we'd love to have you there: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMEaDCjIItXBEFs-gDGGn2Q
  • LibertyNerd25LibertyNerd25 Reno, NevadaPosts: 357 ✭✭✭
    I agree that its a minor complaint. As long as the channel strides to make quality education videos. But it is something that could be investigated. 
    We should strive for a society where all men, women, and children have access to what they need to live with dignity. Jobs, living wages, access to a good education, and so on. Only then can we call ourselves humane and just.

• MichkovMichkov Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Have they changed the visual effects team, the style looks very different. The background is too dominant I agree, but as I'm mostly listening to Hank anyway. The LEM is still not accurate though :-(
    Michkov said:
    The LEM is still not accurate though :-(
    I didn't catch that, for sure. How is it inaccurate now?
    So, for all of 2014, my brother, sister, and I are doing a Brotherhood 2.0 inspired videoblogging thing! Check it out, we'd love to have you there: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMEaDCjIItXBEFs-gDGGn2Q
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I missed the inaccuracy as well.  I do not mind the new back drop but the intro graphical style leaves much to be desired in my opinion.  Cartoony and crude styling typically isn't something you want in front of your credible and entertaining information.  Realistically it is a minor issue that I can easily get past.  I usually listen instead of watch anyway.
  • MichkovMichkov Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Michkov said:
    The LEM is still not accurate though :-(
    I didn't catch that, for sure. How is it inaccurate now?
    Legs are too short/nozzle is too long. The way it is now the nozzle touches the ground before the legs do. To be fair thats the way the graphic was all along.
    McEsteban said:
    Cartoony and crude styling typically isn't something you want in front of your credible and entertaining information.

Actually, I agree. I hadn't thought about it that way, but that's a very good point.

• izy200izy200 Posts: 31
    I'm not a big fan of the new intro animation. I do, however like the new sidebar. You can see about how much time is left in each segment, which is nice.