Any FIRST Robotics nerdfighters?

Hey everybody, I'm on team 240 TEMPEST in Michigan! Maybe if some other Mighiganders reply, would could have a meetup at/around competition or kickoff this year! I'd love to meet some of you at competition if we'd have time. There must be some FIRST nerdfighters out there =) Even if you aren't from Michigan, are people on your team nerdfighters? 

--Celia
"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape."
--Miles Straume (Lost)

Comments

• ittakesiiittakesii Posts: 204 Admin
    I took part in FIRST in 2010 i believe. team 59 RAMTECH [:

it was a lot of fun.
  • apolloapollo Posts: 28
    edited November 2012

I'm in FTC team 4248, the Onions. We are located in New Jersey and we totally suck! but it's fun.

by apollo
  • CeliaCelia Posts: 2
    apollo said:

I'm in FTC team 4248, the Onions. We are located in New Jersey and we totally suck! but it's fun.

I know what you mean =) We've been a team for thirteen years and we went to states for the first time earlier this year. But it is so much fun.
    --Miles Straume (Lost)
  • IR591620IR591620 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭
    My high school is team 1780. Just joined but I am looking forward to the local competition. I don't expect to do great but it does seem like it will be a lot of fun.
    "I never said she stole my money."
    A phrase with 7 different meanings depending on what word you stress.
  • Andrew_llaganAndrew_llagan Posts: 185 ✭✭
    I'm a college freshmen now but last year I was on a FRC team, 1510 and 2898, electrical leader for 1510. last year we came in 6th in the Portland regional, 2nd in washington and 13th in the world championships, archimedes field. =( I'm only a mentor for the team now.
  • Coin3Coin3 Posts: 21
    I am on my second year on FTC team 3011 and FRC team 4110, down here in Brookings, OR.
    The cool part is that I am in Michigan for the next whole week visiting family. The cooler part is that the FRC game is announced the day I get back! :D
    "Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
    @coin3

Woo! Oregon FRC nerdfighter. Are you going to the Evergreen high school kickoff?
    @Andrew_llagan

I didn't go because it's a rather far drive for a bus trip, but we did send 2 of our members up to get the kit. haha

I'll be at the Portland regional though, I'll check out you and your team there, it should be really fun! :)
    Now, how about that pyramid? XD
    edited January 2013
    @coin3
     You're on a FTC team right? Are you going up to the OSU FTC competition next month? I go to OSU so I'm volunteering at the event. And holy crap, Ultimate Ascent looks 10x harder than rebound rumble, at kick off when they aired the challenge, so much face palming around the auditorium. Jeez, good luck.
    by Andrew_llagan
    @Andrew_llagan

Ah jeez, I wish we were going to the OSU event, but our coach can't that day. We are set to compete at Tigard on the 26th.
    It's awesome that you go to OSU. that's where I plan on going in 2 years! :O

It's definitely a very tough game. 5 days in and I am already starting to go crazy. haha
    I wore my Pizza John shirt to the Autodesk Oregon FRC Regional today, and met 4 or 5 nerdfighters. I was working hard and couldn't talk though. Say something if you see this. :D
  • Elle124Elle124 Posts: 1
    I'm on team 2186, in Virginia. This pretty much describes us.
  • CeliaCelia Posts: 2
    Elle124 said:

I'm on team 2186, in Virginia. This pretty much describes us.

Ouch! I hope you guys recovered! If you haven't seen the 1023 Bedford Express fall, you have to look it up. It's on their YouTube channel. $1400 in damage, third level fall, and a smoking bot.

--Miles Straume (Lost)
  • CatherineCatherine Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    Way back in the day I did FIRST Lego League as a elementary/middle schooler. Such an amazing learning experience. Still good friends with many of the guys from my team (I was the only girl).
  • ceramic_pizzaceramic_pizza Posts: 5
    yep! I'm on team 4128 from New Jersey. We suck but it's really fun! I'm graduating this year so I won't be able to continue. :( But hey the things robotics taught me will stay with me forever. Mostly how to talk to people.
  • fingerscrossedfingerscrossed MainePosts: 164 ✭✭
    Catherine said:
    Way back in the day I did FIRST Lego League as a elementary/middle schooler. Such an amazing learning experience. Still good friends with many of the guys from my team (I was the only girl).
    I feel your pain! I loved doing FLL and I still volunteer every year at the Maine State competition. It's so much fun!
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  • skreganskregan Mobile, AlabamaPosts: 6
    I am do FTC Robotics! My team did not get to compete this year because of a costly scheduling mishap , but we have huge plans and reforms for next year! I am on the ASMS Robotics team.
    S. K. Regan