Anyone else read Persepolis?

SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
I'm not normally the graphic novel type, but I read it for a competition recently and was surprised by how good it was. Anyone want to talk about it?
When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.

Comments

• OlleOlle Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    It's been a few years, but sure, I'm down! Why did it surprise you how good it was?
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    I'd never read any sort of serious book in graphic novel format. All I knew of the graphic novel format was the existence of manga and superhero stories. I'm glad I know otherwise now.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • ongakuizeongakuize Posts: 5
    This topic is pretty old, but I just read this comic about a week ago in an hour or so at the library and it was wonderful! I learnt a lot from it and it affected me pretty strongly since I have a friend called Niloufar and what happened to the girl with that name was...awful. I'd be interested to read the sequel, which I discovered the existence of through goodreads. Has anyone else read that?
  • oceanpotionoceanpotion EnglandPosts: 347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the sequel but really liked Persepolis. I read it a while ago and it was one of the only good graphic novels in my school library graphic novel section and was surprised as to how good it was. I think maybe the reason I liked it so much is because most of the other novels were set in America or Japan. persepolis was a nice change.