Favorite FPS Franchise?

RichardxLuRichardxLu Charlotte, NCPosts: 16
edited April 2014 in Gaming
Battlefield for me. Please no flamewars.
DFTBA

Richard Lu

Favorite FPS Franchise? 28 votes

Battlefield
14%
McEstebanRichardxLuNostalgicOracleGilmoregrills 4 votes
Call of Duty
3%
the_one_on_the_left 1 vote
Halo
35%
digitalsleepgerenjieRLR_070ScrappyDooDragonManPapa_CrowleyKarosanemicCatanxiously_awareEpicsnailman 10 votes
Other
46%
rydude17KelsierEccentricVixenSANTA_ATE_CHICAGOTelMolagMoraAWhovianChristmasNiyaz316TallForAHobbitLeumasamanb014m31peteCosmicCDieWithDustin 13 votes

Comments

• McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Battlefield
    Call of Duty is such a broad game now that it is hard to pinpoint.  I have had the most consistent fun playing Battlefield, bu many of my fondest gaming memories come from both single and multiplayer experiences in CoD.  And I was a playstation kid so I never played enough Halo for it to grow on me or for me to not be scrub lol.

I am curious what the "others" preferred.  It can be literally anything.  I guess also part of the question to is what kind of FPS you prefer.  If it's teamwork then Battlefield.  If it is gun play then CoD.  If it is realism then Arma.  But those are just modern military tactical shooters.  Bioshock (to give an example) isn't trying to give that same experience.  Same with Planetside, EVE, or Halo.  The kinds of shooters and the qualities that you look for in each one can range wildly.
    by McEsteban
  • digitalsleepdigitalsleep USAPosts: 73 ✭✭
    Halo
    Halo 'cuz story.

I don't typically like FPSs.
  • DragonManDragonMan Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Halo
    cuz' Spartans are awesome.
  • ScrappyDooScrappyDoo Annapolis, MDPosts: 1,067 ✭✭✭
    Halo
    cuz' lore
  • Papa_CrowleyPapa_Crowley Posts: 11
    Halo
    cuz' I play it to keep in touch with my family. (Is cuz really supposed to have that apostrophe?)
  • KarosKaros United KingdomPosts: 69
    Halo
    I personally think Halo is the best out there. The brilliant story coupled with the well balanced game play mechanics make it a must play for any gamer.
  • TallForAHobbitTallForAHobbit EarthPosts: 6
    Other
    I voted Other but Halo is my 2nd vote because it's fun driving the vehicles around. :p
  • EccentricVixenEccentricVixen Midlands, England, UK, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Multiverse, ChaosPosts: 6
    Other
    Unreal Tournament
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    Other
    Does using a bow in Minecraft or Skyrim count?
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Battlefield
    Mechanically it counts but genre wise not really.
  • LeumasLeumas Posts: 8
    Other
    does Metorid Prime count?
  • TelMolagMoraTelMolagMora Alliance, OhioPosts: 509 ✭✭
    Other
    Glad I'm not the only one that likes Unreal Tournament.
    무세이 알렉스, remember the name.
  • amanb014amanb014 Atlanta, GAPosts: 4
    Other
    What about Counter-Strike?