Can you be too young or old to be a Nerdfighter?

Just wondering, I know people say that there is no criteria for nerdfighters, but I just wanna make sure. (I'm pretty young myself....) I did notice that the register page for the forum did not require you to put in your age... just checking.

Comments

• LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    I don't think you can ever be too young or too old. I've seen nerdfighters as young as 8 (on Nerdcrafteria, the official nerdfighter Minecraft server) and then people 30,40+ and probably higher that I don't know of.

That said, you should always be aware of safety online. With such a big age range you should take care about who you're talking to. Chatting on here or other sites to other nerdfighters is good, and we encourage it, but you shouldn't readily give out personal information. Sorry if that seems like "oh I know all that!"...I have to be careful :P
  • mayorqwmayorqw LisbonPosts: 37
    Nope. In fact I'd say one of the charms of this community is that it can be so inclusive without becoming bland or any less passionate.

If you think you're younger than most on the boards, don't think anyone'll hold it against you! I've was registered in other forums when I was younger (17 now), and I'll tell that if it's a place worth staying, people will accept you. There's no need to feel inadequate or shy! 

So go on, and most of all, have fun! DFTBA
    Also, say no to drugs.
  • rhicks2009rhicks2009 Posts: 6
    Awesome! On most forums its like "oh your really cool haha how old are you?"ummm /age here/ "haha lol are you even allowed to be on the internet N00B hah"
    They're all decepticons. Meh.
    Mayorqw ill make sure to say no to drugs :)
    -DFTBA
  • I've got a simple way of looking at us nerdfighters... We are who we are because that's who we want to be and age doesn't affect that, I'm 18 and a nerdfighter, my cousin is 7 and a nerdfighter, the two great gents that founded all of this are both nerdfighters, age doesn't matter, only you matter
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    Do you have to be above a certain age to get an account at the Ning?  I'm twelve and I'm trying to create an account, but it keeps saying "based on the information you have provided, you are ineligible to register for a new account".
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    Do you have to be above a certain age to get an account at the Ning?  I'm twelve and I'm trying to create an account, but it keeps saying "based on the information you have provided, you are ineligible to register for a new account".
    Probably have to be over 13. Most social networks had those kind of restrictions a few years ago
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    @Luke
    Thanks.  \
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman