Incongruent (Hanks New Album)

Nerdfighter767Nerdfighter767 Montana (As well as Nerfighteria Island)Posts: 22
I still listening to this right now and it seems that Hank has created a new genre; Nerd Metal

Comments

• mutantninjalapenomutantninjalapeno Posts: 110 ✭✭
    which song would you say is nerd metal?
  • Papa_CrowleyPapa_Crowley Posts: 11
    This was my first Hank Green purchase and I have to say this: it's all good. But the song that makes me smile the most is his English cover of Gangnam style.

I never would have thought it'd be better than Psy, but I think it is. Not just because I can understand it, but because Hank is so awesome on it!
  • aeryn_of_earthaeryn_of_earth Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I was thinking more like Nerd Ska?  Nerd Punk?  It's not quite metal to my ears.

But yes, this album makes me smile so hard.  Mother Pheasant Plucker especially, and also The Universe is Weird.  And My Favorite Pony.  And T-Shirt and Jeans.  GAH SO MUCH AWESOME.
    Little fly,                             Am I not                        For I dance
    Thy summer's play               A fly like thee?              And drink and sing                  --William Blake
    My thoughtless hand            Or art thou not               Til some blind hand                  Song of Experience
    Has brushed away.                A man like me?               Shall brush my wing.                "The Fly"
  • mehmeh Posts: 2
    Okay, so my favorite song on Incongruent is Marilyn Hanson, but i really don't know the meaning behind it. I think it's supposed to be a deep song, but until I really know the meaning I can't tell.
    HELP!!!
  • aeryn_of_earthaeryn_of_earth Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    meh said:
    Okay, so my favorite song on Incongruent is Marilyn Hanson, but i really don't know the meaning behind it. I think it's supposed to be a deep song, but until I really know the meaning I can't tell.
    HELP!!!

You know that friend you had in high school -- maybe a friend you'd had for years, maybe the first friend you made at a new school, whatever.  This friend with whom you will stay up until dawn just talking, about anything and everything.  The friend whose parents are practically your parents because of how many nights you've spent at their house, and vice versa.  Your friendship might not make a lot of sense to anyone else, because you're a blond mallrat and she's goth, but this is the only person you can talk to about certain things, maybe precisely because you run in different social circles, or because of their different perspective on life.  You have fun with this person, you trust them, and you don't care how incongruent the pair of you seem from the outside, because you relate to one another on a deeper level.

Maybe not everyone has that specific experience, but that's what the song says to me.
    by aeryn_of_earth
    Little fly,                             Am I not                        For I dance
    Thy summer's play               A fly like thee?              And drink and sing                  --William Blake
    My thoughtless hand            Or art thou not               Til some blind hand                  Song of Experience
    Has brushed away.                A man like me?               Shall brush my wing.                "The Fly"
  • zacharyguadalupezacharyguadalupe Posts: 24
    Marilyn Hanson is hands down my favorite track. I feel like Hank put in a lot of emotion into this one, and you can hear it.
    I was lost before this. I'm still lost, but now I'm happy.
  • zacharyguadalupezacharyguadalupe Posts: 24
    oh, and Perfect Strangers gives me chills. It's a satisfying ending to an epic
    I was lost before this. I'm still lost, but now I'm happy.
  • NaiadryadeNaiadryade Posts: 2
    From what I've heard Hank say about his past, I have a hunch that Marilyn Hanson is Hank reminiscing about his group of friends in high school.