Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Descussion/speculation/anything related to the games

NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
Since Ruby and Sapphire were just announced, I thought I should start this for us Nerdfighters who are excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.  This is discussion for the 3ds.  In case that you didn't know, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of the 2003 GBA Pokemon games, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.  So far, only a teaser trailer and a gameplay footage of Groudon and Kyogre has been shown.  So I guess speculation is going to large since not much is known about the games. So which version are you guys getting and what do you expect of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Comments

• thelxiepiathelxiepia Merthyr TydfilPosts: 4
    SECRET BASES AND CONTESTS. They were my favourite parts of Ruby/Sapphire and I can't wait to see them again
  • CBraCBra GA, USAPosts: 36
    Oh I hope contests come back! I was crushed when the battery died in my Sapphire cartridge and I couldn't grow berries... And I hope blaziken get chilled out a bit. It was my first gen 3 starter, but it's just too strong! 
  • NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    SECRET BASES WILL BE RETURNING!!! *DOES HAPPY DANCE*
  • ilumEmmailumEmma Waterford, IrelandPosts: 5
    It really doesn't seem like 11 years, that's... Wow.

Bases and competitions were great! Definitely Blaziken was waaaaaay too powerful, but depending on what starter you chose it almost gave the game an Easy Mode and a Hard Mode.

Hoenn was just a nice region to play in general with a nice combination of bosses, the twins being memorable (the horror when you only had your Combusken/Blaziken trained up and went on a traning spree for another pokemon! Young me was young and foolish)
  • shadowcaller9shadowcaller9 CanadaPosts: 786
    Definitely picking up Omega Ruby.
  • loomhigh223555loomhigh223555 Posts: 8
    7.8/10 too much water