Comic recommendations

nerdycatlover516nerdycatlover516 Green BayPosts: 7
I'm planning on reading comics sometime. Any recommendations? I like mostly action stuff.
Cats act like gods, but when you are in tears they are right by your side purring. When you have a cat, you don't have to go to a movie theater, all the entertainment you need is right at home.

Comments

• tiagotheweirdotiagotheweirdo Lisbon, PortugalPosts: 75
    Young Avengers is a great series, it's divided into 2 runs with 12 issues each. Some people have serious problem with the series because it deal with a lot of issues like lgbt people and suicide in way that maybe it shouldn't have but I think it's a great read.

• EvanNEvanN Lockport, NYPosts: 14
    I recommend Irreedeemable, by Boom! Studios; it's a series about a Superman like hero (so basically he's op) who gets pushed just a little too far just one time too many and goes absolutely ape PIZZZAA. Highly entertaining and absolutely worth your time. If your willing to go into a bit more of the cerebral comics, Sandman and Lucifer, which are two separate comics, are both amazing. Sandman was by Neil Gaiman, and Lucifer was based on the Sandman universe, both published by Vertigo.
  • BambukoBambuko Cracow, PolandPosts: 4
    Bit of an oldschool, there's a comic called Thorgal, the main character is somewhat viking but lives outside the community, has plenty of adventures, theres action, fantasy, riddles, and I can't help but add anthropology of culture. Sandman and Lucifer! Yaaaaay, in my entire life I have never met a person (irl) who read those, but theres plenty of you here! (i used search bar) Those two truly shaped me. Its undescribable. Just read it. The Rome series - very much worthwhile.
  • KatOxymoronicKatOxymoronic Calgary, AB, CanadaPosts: 23
    The Hellboy Comics by Darkhorse have an art style that can be a bit hard to get used to at first but once you become acclimatized to it they're great fun, well written, and visually unique.