Favourite character apart from Lizzie?

13»

Comments

• Darcy
    So hard to choose!! I love Lydia and Mr. Collins and Charlotte and Fitz is hilarious too, but I had to go with Darcy because he just makes me smile whenever he's on camera. Because I love his and Lizzie's dorky romance.
    “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss
    “I've been running. Faster than I've ever run. And I've been running my whole life. Now it's time for me to stop.” ~The Eleventh Doctor
    “The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
    ~Douglas Adams
  • Jane
    It's Jane, with Lydia a close second. Lizzie is actually my least favorite Bennet (in this adaptation - yes, she loses out to Kitty). Jane is just pure wonderful and also has an amazing and unique sense of style (props to the costume designer), and Lydia's channel has made me warm up to her quite a bit, especially since she's probably the deepest character in the entire story at this point.
  • IWearAFezIWearAFez Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Fitz

by IWearAFez
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Jane
    AHHHH Jane or Darcy :S I've been putting off answering this for days 'cause I just CAN'T DECIDE!

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Bing

Lucyisalive said:
    AHHHH Jane or Darcy :S I've been putting off answering this for days 'cause I just CAN'T DECIDE!
    I know!  I wish I could choose all of them...
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • CherWarnerCherWarner Posts: 3
    Darcy
    I haven't read the book yet, it was on my 'to-read' list for as long as I can remember...and now I can't bear to spoil LBD. I love all characters, but I love Darcy best as he just seems socially awkward, even with his 'social standing' and I think he has good intentions with what he does.
  • KathrynKathryn Posts: 1
    Lydia
    I would have voted for Mary if there was an option. But this adaptation has really endeared me to Lydia. I'm rereading the book now and finding myself liking her more than I did before. In fact, I'm starting to picture all the characters as they are in LBD, it's really bizarre when it comes to Mr. Collins especially.  :P
    Jane
    It's a shame there isn't any way of adding Gigi to the least 'cause I have a feeling she's going to become my favourite!

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• ozziewithanieozziewithanie Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Jane
    I've loved Jane from the very start, and have loved her character's development even more - that she's actively changed from the beginning of the series to now.  I like Charlotte a ton as well though, easily my #2.

I can't say I *like* Lydia, but I appreciate her as a character, and think she's really well-developed.  But I often want to hit her with a two-by-four.  (incidentally, she is brilliantly acted)
    Check out my YouTube channels!
    ozziewithanie  |  Geeky Girls
  • leonwingsteinleonwingstein VTPosts: 2,679 Mod
    Lydia
    It was a hard choice between Lydia and Jane.  They're both so happy, all the time, but for different reasons.  I suppose I like Lydia better in the end because of her further development as a character.
    "Even in the darkness, every color can be found." -Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog | "Remember: You're unique, just like everyone else." -Warren Miller
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants." | THE LAST ONE WHO VLOGS HERE WINS
    You can call me LeoN or Jezzy.  Or anything else, though I might not recognize or respond. | Diamond of the Last Ones
  • Meabh365Meabh365 Posts: 41
    Darcy
    It was either him or Jane, and I agree with what @Morgan said about his being apathetic and awkward, I find that relatable too (also oh my god Daniel Vincent Gordh) 
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Posts: 5
    Fitz
    I am really fond off the way the series portrayed some of the books more minor characters like Charlotte and Fitz.  So i would have to say my favourite is one of those two.
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
    Fitz
    Fitz, because he's funny and adds a great comedic twist to the series :)
  • haleyannhaleyann Posts: 8
    Jane
    Jane definitely she is so kind and sweet and I just want to steal her clothes.
    Jane

Well it took me all 100 episodes to decide... but I had to go for Jane in the end. New Jane that is :). I think of all the characters she's the one that I'm most like and I love how she got to grow and how her own story was developed.  

It was a tough choice between Jane and Charlotte and Darcy. Lydia is also great. Basically I love them all.

• Alissa_NicoleAlissa_Nicole Posts: 2
    Lydia
    Even though Jane is just so sweet, I admire Lydia's character because she shows the greatest growth, and her actress did an amazing job playing the role. Unlike grumpy cat Darcy, I really like her energy and deep down she always has the best intentions and a lot of love in her heart.
  • mustachiomustachio Posts: 3
    Darcy
    I voted for Darcy because of the novel. 
    :D<3
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    Lydia
    I really like Lydia on the primary series but she stole my heart on her own vlog (The Lydia Bennet) and I'm really feeling cheated that Mary isn't an option here because she and Lydia really bond incredibly well in Lydia's vlog. If Mary were an option, I'd pick her, but Lydia is a close second.
  • Taffy_SeaTaffy_Sea United StatesPosts: 2
    Lydia
    Tough call! I have to go with Lydia, because I quote her all the time, and her spinoff videos are superb. One of my favorite parts of The LBD is how Lydia is revealed to be a complex, vulnerable character. 

I identify the most with Jane. Darcy is of course amazing, and Fitz is hilarious. I think Charlotte's awesome, and I love how she calls Lizzie out. I'm just wondering, where's Gigi on this list? She is the greatest Dizzie shipper of them all. :)
  • RussetRusset Posts: 11
    Lydia
    Lydia, because I love how the LBD series has turned her character into a three-dimensional character, as opposed to the original novel wherein she is selfish, absolutely silly and has no regrets about eloping with Wickham. All in all, I would say that M.K. Wiles did a fantastic job delivering the character and making us all sympathize with her.

Another character I didn't expect to end up liking so much was Charlotte Lu. In the novel, she's essentially Elizabeth's only friend outside of her family, but she accepts a marriage proposal based on security more than love and it makes the readers turn against her actions; but in this modern adaption, her own internal turmoil is shown to us in a unique perspective and makes us realize that perhaps Charlotte's rational thinking is better than Lizzie's headstrong behaviour in some circumstances. Certainly, this version of Charlotte shows a lot more insight than the original one.
  • undumbblondeundumbblonde CanadaPosts: 555 ✭✭✭
    Charlotte
    I loved Charlotte! She was nice and funny but also more no-nonsense and very goal oriented. I loved whenever she came on camera.
  • makeitagoodonemakeitagoodone 221B Baker St., Camelot, Narnia, GallifreyPosts: 123 ✭✭
    Lydia
    I'm so happy to find more Lydia love!!! I think she's absolutely lovely :)..

Although I also adore Fitz.. But I'm going with Lydia
    “Maybe it’s just in America, but it seems that if you’re passionate about something, it freaks people out. You’re considered bizarre or eccentric. To me, it just means you know who you are.”
    - Tim Burton
  • Jane
    It was a toss up between Jane and Charlotte.
  • MadietheNerdMadietheNerd UnspecifiedPosts: 10
    Darcy
    Darcy is my literary boyfriend--no questions asked.
  • QurestionAsker215QurestionAsker215 You don't need to knowPosts: 22
    Darcy
    I chose Darcy because at first he is portrayed as the villain of the story, but then we find out that he is actually a great guy. It follows the principle of 'to make someone happiest as you can, make them feel sad first', but instead it's to make someone seem as nice as you can, make them seem horrible first.
    'Liquid Chemistry is just good chemistry' ~ Hank Green 2015