Favorite Crash Course: World History episodes?

nathans115nathans115 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
I can't believe that this series of videos is done already. It seems like John just started making these videos a week ago, at least to me. So what episodes of Crash Couse: World History were your favorite(s)?

Mine would have to be the Captain Cook one because I find it really interesting, and informative. I hadn't known much about Captain Cook before i watched this video, so it was nice to be informed. I also find it fascinating that we do not really know for sure how he died.

Also, I really love the Mongols episode, because, come on, they are the exception.
"Can't pee against the wind? Eat a Slice!" - Olan Rogers

Comments

• its_liam_duhits_liam_duh Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I love the Buddhism episode
  • MayireadMayiread Posts: 3
    I loved the Industrial Revolution, The Mongols, World War II and The Globalisation videos. 
    1) because they were really informative and interesting. 
    2) because I happened to be doing those courses at the time so understood a lot of what was said and it happened to help me in my course. 
    and 
    3) The last video was number 42. 
    And as we all know, that is the answer to the universe, life and everything.
  • TheOriginalSimonTheOriginalSimon Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I would have to agree with nathans115 I loved the Mongols Episode... but I really liked;

The Spanish Empire, Silver, & Runaway Inflation: #25

As John discussed my favorite period in history!
    I am Simon . . .
    I say Be Original!
  • BelisariusBelisarius Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    My favourite episode is definitely The Fall of Rome. I wrote my Master's dissertation on this period, and, while I don't agree with everything John said, I was nonetheless really glad to see the Crash Course team handle it fairly well overall. Not relying on the all-too-common (and, frankly, outdated) "barbarians at the gate" theory was refreshing to see. 
  • LexiD523LexiD523 Posts: 3
    I liked the ones on sub-Saharan Africa and the "Monsoon Marketplace" because those were huge gaps in my own history knowledge, and they were way interesting.  I too would like to go back in time and be Ibn Battuta!
  • EthanEthan Posts: 2
    I think my favorite was the "Early Christian History" one, mostly because I don't actually know much about it, and it's really hard to find stuff about christianity on the internet that isn't like "BLLAAAA WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD SO STUPID NO PROOF ANTI SCIENCE STUPID FREAKS BLAAA" or "CRAZY ATHEISTS TRYING TO FIGHT A WAR ON MY RELIGION"
  • SnowmanSnowman Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I have no idea why but my favorite episodes were the two trade episodes.
  • Mongols.... Just because I waited that episode forever :D
  • My two favorite episodes were the French Revolution, because it really helped me when we studied it in school this year, My other favorite is the episode on Islam, because it inspired me to learn more about the culture, which was a big gap in my personal knowledge. 
  • 0Martina00Martina0 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the episode about Buddhism, because we were learning about it at school at the time. I got an A on the test! :)
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Mongol episode (Except, wait for it, the Mongols. DUUUUUUH DUH DUH DUUUUH DUH DUH DUUUUH) and the Islam episode because it motivated me to learn about the religion so I could totally pwn my fellow Americans when they thought the basis of Islam is being a terrorist.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • THE_MONGOLSTHE_MONGOLS KING OF EVERYTHING ULANBAATARPosts: 324 ✭✭✭
    WE ALSO LIKED NUMBER #17 WHICH WAS ABOUT... WAIT FOR IT... US!

SINCE THEN, WE HAVE LEAKED OUT OF CRASH COURSE AND HAVE INVADED THESE BOARDS.

NOBODY STARTS A LAND WAR IN ASIA AND WINS UNLESS YOU ARE... WAIT FOR IT... THE MONGOLS!
    WE'RE THE EXCEPTION!
    https://twitter.com/TheMongols_