John's Books in your pants

crazypenguincrazypenguin SerbiaPosts: 22
edited June 2014 in John's Books
Have you noticed how John's book titles stopped being good "in your pants" candidates only AFTER the joke was introduced.

Looking For Alaska
An Abundance Of Katherines
--joke appears--
Paper Towns
Will Grayson Will Grayson
The Fault In Our Stars

Thoughts? ^^
by crazypenguin
Oscail an doras don tailleir fhidhleir 
Oscail an doras don fhidhleir tailleir 
Oscail an doras don tailleir fhidhleir 
Firrinneri fhidhleir tailleir

Comments

• palinalifpalinalif Iceland. Unfortunately.Posts: 15
    Holy... Huh.
  • Pandagirl8Pandagirl8 Posts: 17
    oh yeah...
  • gingernerd5598gingernerd5598 Posts: 2

well played John well played.....

• KittyRoseGrangerKittyRoseGranger 221B, the TARDISPosts: 24
    I don't know... Looking For Alaska In Your Pants sounds fine... Although why one would look in your pants for Alaska is another story entirely...
    "900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important." - The Doctor
  • rhicks2009rhicks2009 Posts: 6
    Hmmm.... looking forward to Alaska in my pants (thats definitely what Pudge thought) works, I guess. Also, the Fault in our Pants... just a thought :)
  • CrystalCrystal Missouri Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Well I think "An Abundance Of Katherines" works for "in your pants" and "Looking For Alaska" also works. Though I agree with @KittyRoseGranger‌. It is another story entirely. :P
    by Crystal
  • mischief_managed29mischief_managed29 Troy, MichiganPosts: 21
    I wonder if that was intentional on John's part or if it was just a coincidence. 
    Sometimes you gotta bleed to know that you're alive and have a soul. 
    My name is Blurryface and I care what you think.
    |-/
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    When did Let it Snow (in your pants) come out I'm pretty sure it's apj (after pants joke). It's a pretty good one and could ruin the whole thing if it is apj. John's story in the book is called A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle (in your pants). It isn't as good as Let it Snow, but it kinda works.
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

• Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying Will Grayson Will Grayson in your pants isn't rather punny. Also I think Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances which included John, Maureen Johnson, and some other guy, came out after the joke was made public.
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace
  • The-Artist-IncognitoThe-Artist-Incognito Hogwarts...always hogwarts Posts: 12
    I think an entire paper towns in your pants is rather hilarious - an uncharted region in your pants....
    "The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil Degrasse Tyson