Nerdfighter freinds(...In My Pants)?

It's very difficult to find nerdfighters in real life. I've never met a nerdfighter by chance and I know none personally. What do you think is the best way to aquire nerdfighter friends?

Comments

• HollyhollyHollyholly Posts: 59
    I have only a very few nerdfighterfriends and i got most of them by introducing my "regular" friends to Nerdfighteria. A part from that i feel like it's easiest to conect with people over social media and eventually meet. I hope that helps you in one way or another :)
    The sun was a toddler insistently refusing to go to bed. - TFiOS
  • Sylvia3Sylvia3 PennsylvaniaPosts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Me and two of my friends kind of became nerdfighters simultaneously. One of them introduced me to the Vogbrothers. In the past I've become friends with people who were into the same band as I was obsessed with by going to concerts and talking to the people in line, as well as connecting with them online. But that only worked because the band had a lot of concerts in my area. I don't know how often nerdfighter gatherings happen, I've never been to one before. But I would imagine that would be a good way to meet some people. Unless you just find some people online who live in your area and meet up with them. 
  • cazortcazort Jenkintown, PAPosts: 194 ✭✭✭
    I have a lot of nerdfighter friends.  I think this is in part because I've introduced some of my friends to the vlogbrothers, and in part because one of my other friends introduced me to them.

I also think it has something to do with shared values and interests, but also, something about the people in the community.  What really attracted me to vlogbrothers was the fact that I like a lot of the stuff about Hank's value system, the ideas and way of thinking he presents in his videos.  I often feel like we're on the same page, even on issues where I haven't watched his videos...and then I watch them and I'm like, "oh yeah, he gets that too, it's common sense!"

But I also really like a lot of the people who are in the whole nerdfighteria community.  They seem to be the sort of people that I like to hang out with and be around...intelligent, creative, nerdy, zany people who are committed to making the world a better place!
    Find me on: YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Cazort.net (my website) | Wizzley
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    I kinda feel like one of the best ways is to have some indications that you, in fact, are a nerdfighter. Like a nerdfighter phone case or something like that. Possibly dropping the phrase "D-F-T-B-A" or "French the llama!!!" in casual conversation, and if they ask what you mean then say that they wouldn't understand or something like that. And one that I recently did: I put "and as they say in my hometown, don't forget to be awesome" at the end of a speech. I think this is the best way, especially if it's more subtle like some merch, because some people may be nerdfighters but are afraid to ask if anybody else is.
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

• lumbahjackilumbahjacki New Orleans, Louisiana (also my pants)Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    I seriously need to meet some Nerdfighter friends soon.... unfortunately the school I'm transferring to doesn't have a Nerdfighter group or club of any kind.
    by lumbahjacki