the choir thread!

CaitRoseCaitRose IndianapolisPosts: 887 ✭✭✭
Are you in a show choir, church choir, concert choir, gospel choir, school choir, children's choir, men's choir, women's choir, madrigal choir, or any other type of chorus? Then come on down and join us!

Here, all choir nerdfighers will unite to discuss fun arrangements, annoying directors, impossible choreography, and the like.

Also, I have thought about how awesome it would be to have a nerdfighter choir, and we could sing choral arrangements of Hank's music.
J-J-J-U-N! I-I-O-R-S! J-U-N-I-O-R-S! Juniors, Juniors, Juniors!
I-N T-H-E H-O-U-S-E! In the house! In the house! Juniors in the house!!!
NCHS class of 2016!!!!

Comments

• CaitRoseCaitRose IndianapolisPosts: 887 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the North Central Descants women's choir. We are currently the top women's choir in the state of Indiana in show choir and concert choir. I'm a first soprano or sometimes a soprano plus (one of the three girls singing the high C). Recently we did a fun arrangement of Bakmes (it's Swedish) in eight parts. it was really hard and it made me feel really impressive. How about you guys?
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
  • BeckerlynnBeckerlynn Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 129
    I am a second soprano in my church choir.  I've sung in church pretty much all of my life. I did school choir in 5th and 6th grade but quit in middle school/jr high when it became more like a show choir.  I didn't have room in my high school schedule until senior year. 

Cool! what high school?
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
    Penn Hills - suburb of Pittsburgh
    Sounds awesome! Mixed choir or unisex?
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
    mixed
    Does your group have a name?
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
  • loonierthanlunaloonierthanluna Ontario, CanadaPosts: 9
    I'm a second soprano in a children's choir (SSA) and I love it. It's my 4th year being in it. The first year was spent in Viva choir, which is the beginner group. I am currently in the Concert choir which is the intermediate group, and hopefully will join the Chamber choir next year (which is the most advanced group in our organization.) 
  • PoppehtartPoppehtart Posts: 48 ✭✭
    I'm in SOUL choir at my school, which stands for Singers Of Unique Literature. I'm a soprano!