International Nerdfighteria Blood Drive

WilskaWilska Adelaide, AustraliaPosts: 43 ✭✭
Hey everyone!

I am a very new nerdfighter but I am so excited about what a community such as this is capable of achieving. 

I'm from Australia but I know that every single country in the world desperately needs blood donations, so can I please have some opinions or feedback on if an International Nerdfighteria Blood Drive is achievable? I'm really excited and I hope this can pick up, let's decrease world suck all together and save lives! 

Perhaps we can choose one day or have a blood donation month?

Thank you so much for reading

Comments

• WilskaWilska Adelaide, AustraliaPosts: 43 ✭✭
    Or does anyone have any ideas on something along similar lines? Any sort of feedback would be really appreciated!
  • MorganTheSockNerdMorganTheSockNerd Somewhere in the WorldPosts: 63 ✭✭
    Hello! I'm surprised at how few people seem to have found this thread!  The last conversation about a blood drive seems to be from about a year ago!  I think this could definitely happen and help a lot of people.  It is all just a matter of logistics and getting it organized. 

Would the nerdfighters pick an organization that would take the blood and possibly be donating to a cause that resonates with  Nerdfighteria (so almost any cause)?

I'm not sure if I have enough contacts to help make this happen considering I'm not even old enough to donate, but it sounds like a great idea that I am ready to support!
  • WilskaWilska Adelaide, AustraliaPosts: 43 ✭✭
    @MorganTheSockNerd I can't tell you what your support means, this is an idea I am extremely passionate about and have been very surprised at the lack of response from people on forums to facebook and so on.

Ideally, I would love to organise perhaps Nerdfighter ambassadors for each country that is interested and each could organise group bookings and keep track of numbers, perhaps delegating to others from different cities and so on. But for it to be an annual event in which we try to outdo ourselves every year and save as many lives as we can, that is my ultimate goal. LET'S DECREASE WORLDSUCK!

All we can do during this very early stage is to try to spread the word and get people interested, and I can't thank you enough for being the first person to say anything about it!
  • MorganTheSockNerdMorganTheSockNerd Somewhere in the WorldPosts: 63 ✭✭
    @Wilska This is a great idea and I can't wait for others to see that as well!