Do you need help? With anything?

mew_mew_ofdoommew_mew_ofdoom Baltimore, MD USAPosts: 154 ✭✭
Nobody enjoys unfamiliarity. Okay, maybe some people do, but i certainly don't. As the oldest sibling in my family, I am usually the first to try something. It's not easy. Now, i know that there are SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO many newcomers to Our Pants and some are new nerdfighters as well. I also have seen a lot of discussions about people needing help. So I thought, why not put it all into one large discussion?

I put this under Rules and Support because that's what this is intended to be: support. So if you have any questions or needs, with this site or everyday life, don't hesitate to post. And if you have any answers or helpful hints, please comment too. 

LETS DO THIS!

Comments

• Disney_FanDisney_Fan Posts: 9
    I feel quite embarrassed to ask this, but may you explain the whole thing about this?

Crash Course was the first YouTube channel that I heard (that Hank and John Green did together). So I know that part. Later on, my friend told me about vlogbrothers. Through vlogbrothers, I gathered a sense that nerdfighteria is to support nerds, which is cool by me, and that they just like to talk about random subjects, which again is cool.

That's all I know. 

Can you tell me what exactly nerdfighteria is? How to participate in group chats like this (w/o commenting on someone else's post (b/c I did that by mistake... but I earned a badge for commenting. So, I guess it was like a mistake badge. haha))
  • mew_mew_ofdoommew_mew_ofdoom Baltimore, MD USAPosts: 154 ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Disney Fan :okay, well, nerfighteria can mean different things to different people. But mostly we decrease world suck. and this discussion( or thread) can help you a bit as well.  What are the values of Nerdfighteria?  

however i didn't quite get your other question. but i'm guessing that you want to know how to add on to the thread. basically you just type in the leave a comment box right underneath the convo and press post comment.

i really hope this helped. 
    by mew_mew_ofdoom
    Ooh ooh oh! Thank you very much! Yes, this was quite helpful. So just wanna make sure, what ever group conversation is going on I can be part of it just by "Leaving a Comment" (that is found at the end of the page)? And how do I know what kind of badges I can earn? Do they just occur randomly when I do something?
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    There's a variety of badges for achieving certain things on the website. I believe you get one for commenting for the first time, one for uploading a profile picture, then there's a few for getting a certain amount of "likes" or "awesomes" (basically if your posts get up voted enough then you gain points and badges)

You can find out what the requirements for each badge are by finding one on someone's profile and then hovering over it. Clicking on it will open a page with more information.
    Great, thanks!
  • TeasleyTeasley Posts: 5
    Hey I just joined the forums and I noticed that a lot of people have a quote under their posts. I can't figure out how to put one there and I was hoping you could maybe help me out?
  • MichkovMichkov Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Teasley said:
    Hey I just joined the forums and I noticed that a lot of people have a quote under their posts. I can't figure out how to put one there and I was hoping you could maybe help me out?
    Top right next to your name is a cog, click it and than on "Edit profile".
    This leads you to your profile settings, there you go to "signature settings" (last option on the left) where you can edit your sig.
  • SorcererSorcerer Posts: 4
    Is there a chat real time chat option on the forums that i am missing? Or is there a good active forum dedicated to discussions and helping each-other out with making the project for awesome videos? I've never done it before, and would like to this year, but am feeling very self-councious. 
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭
    If there isn't one (new, so no idea), one could create an irc channel somewhere and use a java applet on the site to connect. Used a cheap ages ago for an online game to circumvent firewall blocking. Maybe there are free versions in this decade.

• KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not any real-time text or video chat options on this site, though both have been requested in the past. Generally, my friends and I get on Google Hangout, haha. 

However for help with Project for Awesome you could go to the Projects, Creations, and Brain Crack! subforum. If there isn't a related thread already on the subject, I'm sure you could make one and ask for help. Cheers!
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
  • katrhymerkatrhymer Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 23
    I need help spreading my message. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate page and if so I apologize. I speak from the heart in my video. Please take a look <3

Kat XD
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭
    I find you're uncomfortably close to the camera at times, but I like the message

Thanks. Yes, I do get very close to the camera. First video, but the message is what's important.
    Kat XD
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 629 ✭✭✭
    katrhymer said:

I need help spreading my message. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate page and if so I apologize. I speak from the heart in my video. Please take a look <3

You should really do an introduction on the Introductions thread.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
    Thanks Lucius! I will :)
    Kat XD