Irish Nerdfighters/Gatherings

LukeLuke Resident Spam CleanerDublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
At the moment there haven't been many Irish Nerdfighter gatherings for a while, so I thought I'd start this thread for the Irish nerdfighters to meet each other, chat among each other etc etc. 

I'm aware that there is a Facebook group, but for reasons I won't go into in public I'm currently unable to join said group..hence this forum post. I've always found forums better anyway as they reduce the chance of things becoming focused and revolving around one small group within a larger group.

So to introduce myself, I'm Luke (obviously) and I live in Dublin where I'm studying Multimedia in DCU. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to make this post too long

So where abouts in Ireland you from? What's your name etc etc?

Comments

• nerdfighter97nerdfighter97 Posts: 7
    edited January 2013

by nerdfighter97
  • Katie_2991Katie_2991 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    Heyy I'm Katie, living down in Kerry and going to college at IT Tralee but I'm in Dublin every couple of months to see friends and stuff so a Nerdfighter meet up at some point would be a+ :)
    >twitter<
    >tumblr< (multifandom hot mess... you have been warned)

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”  -To Kill a Mockingbird
  • StefanStefan Posts: 22
    Hey, I'm Stefan. I'm a fifth year in Castleknock College, Dublin, so a Dublin gathering would suit me fine :D
  • laraalaraa Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm Lara :), I'm a second year and I live in the south of Dublin. I'm new(ish) as well so I'm looking forward to future gatherings 'cause I've never been to one before :D
  • Is there anyone from the Dublin 15 area?
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    Heyy I'm Katie, living down in Kerry and going to college at IT Tralee but I'm in Dublin every couple of months to see friends and stuff so a Nerdfighter meet up at some point would be a+ :)
    I'll see what I can do about organising one. The problem is that we're in winter now so gatherings don't really tend to happen
    Stefan said:
    Hey, I'm Stefan. I'm a fifth year in Castleknock College, Dublin, so a Dublin gathering would suit me fine :D

laraa said:
    Hey, I'm Lara :), I'm a second year and I live in the south of Dublin. I'm new(ish) as well so I'm looking forward to future gatherings 'cause I've never been to one before :D
    I'll try to keep you up to date with things as best I can then :)
  • ElroElro Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Hey, I'm Alan from Cork. I've only been watching Hank and Johns' videos for the last few weeks so i'm pretty new to the whole nerdfighter thing. Anyway I look forward to hopefully meeting a some of you at a gathering at some stage.

Also for anyone who's interested the facebook group is over here and there's a get together in Dublin on December 16th to go see The Hobbit.
    edited November 2012
    Elro said:
    Hey, I'm Alan from Cork. I've only been watching Hank and Johns' videos for the last few weeks so i'm pretty new to the whole nerdfighter thing. Anyway I look forward to hopefully meeting a some of you at a gathering at some stage.

Also for anyone who's interested the facebook group is over here and there's a get together in Dublin on December 16th to go see The Hobbit.
    Ah yes. If anyone is around for these they should go. I won't be able to go to them unfortunately :(
    by Luke
  • CoplandCopland Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
    Hi I'm David, been a nerdfighter since 2008. I live in south Dublin, but I've never met another nerdfighter in Ireland at least (met one in Chicago). If there's a gathering going on, I'd be well up for it.
  • aoifbuscusaoifbuscus Posts: 81
    Hiiiiii I'm Aoife. I'm 19. I'm from Waterford but living in Dublin for college and all that good stuff. So yeah.
  • StefanStefan Posts: 22
    edited November 2012

Is there anyone from the Dublin 15 area?

Well I'm from Dublin 7, but go to school in 15
    by Stefan
  • grindeldoregrindeldore Posts: 2

Hi everyone :) I'm Sarah from Dublin. I'm in third year and I've been a nerdfighter for about a year now.

I'd love to make some nerdfighter friends so I just thought I'd say hi :)

@aoifbuscus where you going to college?(if you don't mind me asking)

@grindeldore Hey, nice to (kinda) meet you :)
    @Luke I go to DIT :)
    @aoifbuscus What course? I considered going to DIT but didn't think the best course for me was there. It's a pretty good college though, or so I've heard anyway
    @Luke I'm doing Biomedical Science. If your course was in Kevin Street, be thankful you didn't go. I'm not sure about the other campuses, but Aungier Street is 'pretty good'...Kevin Street is not. T_T
    @aoifbuscus TV and film Production..I dunno where that is. I'm happy enough with what I ended up in anyway :) Biomedical Science sounds really impressive...and confusing :P
    edited November 2012
    @Luke Not sure, sounds like it could be in Aungier Street. What did you end up doing in the end? Haha yeah it's really hard, especially this year. Next week I have 3 exams, a group and individual project to hand up, and a presentation to do. That's college life <3
    by aoifbuscus
    @aoifbuscus Multimedia in DCU. No exams, few projects. Have to do a presentation on religion tomorrow for the oh-so-unnecessary module that is Social studies :P Finished a group project and a solo project already

Good luck on your exams. Doubt you'll need it though

And oh shush, you pointed out the not-so-great parts but you really do love college life! :p
    @Luke Sounds cool. Yeah I definitely need that luck on those exams. Thankfully after next week I only have one other exam to do, then I'm freeeeee. Oh wait, I have 6 exams to study for in January. Never mind.

But I do love college really :P 
    @aoifbuscus I get to enjoy my err ... over 2 months off over christmas (which is bloody ridiculous) :p
    @Luke well that's just depressing!!! For me of course! Well at least next year I'm on placement so I have no exams :) are you in first year yeah?
    @Luke Second year :)
    @aoifbuscus Don't think less of me :p
    @Luke I would never, haha. Anyways I'm going to bed early tonight, trying to get a good night sleep for once in my college life :P 
    @aoifbuscus Yeah, probably a good idea :p Night!
  • SeanC89SeanC89 Posts: 3
    Hey Guys, Im Sean and im an alco...I mean Im from Cork. Im studying in C.I.T in my final year at the moment. Have been watching Hank and Johns Vids for about a year now but I haven't really participated much in Nerdfighteria. I don't really have a whole loads of time on my hands at the moment but in the future ( perhaps next summer) I would definitely come to a meet up!
  • Hi there. I'm Keefa. I'm from Kildare and I'm a media student in IT Carlow. I've never been to a nerdfighter gathering and I'd love to attend one (: 
    ps hi luke :P