Irish Nerdfighters/Gatherings

Comments

• eefaeefa Posts: 22
    Oh yay I've found people who won't be confused by my name :D 
    Some of you know me already  (Luke knows everyone) but I'll introduce myself anyway :)
    I'm Aífe, I'm 17 and I am located in Lovely Leitrim, (the county with the lowest male life expectancy, third highest suicide rate, but, on balance,  highest rate of participation in higher education and one of the fastest growing, if smallest populations :P)
    I kind of overuse emoticons,as you can tell.
    So anyways, Connaght represent :D
  • Meabh365Meabh365 Posts: 41
    edited November 2012
    Hi guys I'm Meabh and I'm in Northern Ireland, am I still welcome here? 
    by Meabh365
  • aoifbuscusaoifbuscus Posts: 81
    @eefa woop Aoifes/Aífes unite!!
    @Meabh365 course ya are! Welcome Meabh :D
    edited November 2012
    @aoifbuscus Thanks :) 

So who all is going to the gathering in Dublin? 
    by Meabh365
  • ElroElro Posts: 100 ✭✭

@Meabh365 Sadly not, it's on too early for me to be able to make it up there on time, hopefully we'll be having a meetup in Cork as well soonish so at least I'll be able to meet some nerdfighters there.  :)

Are you planning on going?

edited November 2012
    @Elro I hope to, thing is I'm only 14 and my mum isn't the biggest fan of nerdfighteria and so probably won't let me go
    by Meabh365
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,876 Admin
    Meabh365 said:
    @aoifbuscus Thanks :) 

So who all is going to the gathering in Dublin? 
    @meabh365 When is it on? I might stick my head in if I can
    eefa said:
    Oh yay I've found people who won't be confused by my name :D 
    Some of you know me already  (Luke knows everyone) but I'll introduce myself anyway :)
    I'm Aífe, I'm 17 and I am located in Lovely Leitrim, (the county with the lowest male life expectancy, third highest suicide rate, but, on balance,  highest rate of participation in higher education and one of the fastest growing, if smallest populations :P)
    I kind of overuse emoticons,as you can tell.
    So anyways, Connaght represent :D
    @eefa Hey Aífe. Long time no talk. I don't know everyone :P That seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of Leitrim...
    @Luke Saturday 16th I think :) 
    Meabh365 said:
    @Luke Saturday 16th I think :) 
    That's to go see the hobbit right? 
    @Luke Yeah it is also the 16th is a Sunday
  • Where is the gathering taking place?
    @nerdfighter97 The Odeon Cinema in The Point Village

Here's some info from the facebook page - The film starts at 11:20. I thought that if everyone aimed to get there at the Odeon at 11 we can pick up our tickets and we have a little bit of time in case some of us miss a bus or luas. 

You may want to prebook tickets given that it's opening weekend.  More info over here
  • Thanks Elro!! I probably won't make it but maybe next time! :)
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHH THEYRE COMING TO DUBLIN

I'm about to buy a ticket so I'll actually get to meet other Nerdfighters, how exciting :D
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHH THEYRE COMING TO DUBLIN

I'm about to buy a ticket so I'll actually get to meet other Nerdfighters, how exciting :D
    Oh this is what everyone's getting excited about on Twitter? xD How much are tickets?
    They're €13 including booking fee
    Elro said:
    They're €13 including booking fee
    Ah ok thanks. Still dunno if I'll bother going (I've kinda known about their trip in February for a while now)
    @Luke why wouldn't you go? It'd be great to see them! I still haven't bought my ticket yet due to lack of funds T_T but I'll have a good bit after Christmas so be grand.
    @Luke why wouldn't you go? It'd be great to see them! I still haven't bought my ticket yet due to lack of funds T_T but I'll have a good bit after Christmas so be grand.
    I'm just not sure if it's worth spending money on it. However, I'm leaning towards going so might see you there
    Luke said:
    I'm just not sure if it's worth spending money on it. However, I'm leaning towards going so might see you there
    Fair enough :)
  • marthadearestmarthadearest Dublin, IrelandPosts: 25 ✭✭
    Hello all! 

My name's Martha and I'm from Waterford, but I've been living in Dublin for six years now. I'm doing a masters in medieval history in Trinity. I've been a nerdfighter for about two years and recently started reading John's books (I ended up buying TFiOS for roughly a billion people this Christmas...) 

I've never met any other nerdfighters in real life, but I just bought a ticket for the show in February so I'm excited about maybe meeting some of you there. 
    "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
    @marthadearest wooo I'm from Waterford aswell AND living in Dublin!! But only for the last year and a half :) I still haven't bought a ticket to that yoke in February, I swear I'll get around to it before it actually happens.........
    @aoifbuscus Yay! Well this is just great. Waterford City? Will we do that mental peculiar Irish thing where we keep going until we find out who our mutual acquaintances are?! I'm four years older than you, but that just makes the challenge more interesting. Ursuline?
    @marthadearest Haha I know but it's weird how many times you really do have mutual acquaintances :) I'm actually from Dungarvan sooooo I hardly know anyone from Waterford town in fact I don't think I know a soul from there! :'( sad times
    @aoifbuscus Aw boo! My family actually moved to Tramore ten years ago, but because I didn't go to school there I don't really know anybody. I'll have a proper think about my Dungarvan knowledge; I bet I'll come up with someone! 

This is absolutely my favourite thing about Nerdfighteria. I cannot *believe* there's someone else from the 'ford!
    @marthadearest Coooool :) yeah haha I was sickened that there was no one else from the deise but woooop now there's two of us :D
  • lineofcarslineofcars Posts: 5
    Hi! :-h  I'm Caroline, and I'm from the northside of Dublin (oh, the shame of it).
    Pretty new to nerdfighteria, but I'm sure I'll settle in quick.   :D

My Tumblr  (fair warning, it's a messy mix of fandoms)
    Hi! :-h  I'm Caroline, and I'm from the northside of Dublin (oh, the shame of it).
    Pretty new to nerdfighteria, but I'm sure I'll settle in quick.   :D

My Tumblr  (fair warning, it's a messy mix of fandoms)
    NORTHSIDE REPRESENT!