Irish Nerdfighters/Gatherings

13»

Comments

• Does anyone have any spare tickets to the RDS event. Just found out that its sold out and I'm absolutely sick! :( Please please please please I'm desperate!!!!

• LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,876 Admin
    Check local ticketmaster outlets. Each one of them was given tickets for the event to sell so they might still have some available.
  • Okay thanks. I appreciated it. Looks like they're all sold out though  :(
  • Hey I know this is a bit late but I really wanna get to know more Irish nerdfighters! I was at the RDS event and it was amazing! who else was there? :)
    I'm Robyn, I'm Irish and I love making new friends!
    Tumblr   Twitter   Facebook
  • lineofcarslineofcars Posts: 5
    Hey I know this is a bit late but I really wanna get to know more Irish nerdfighters! I was at the RDS event and it was amazing! who else was there? :)

Meeeeeeee! :D
  • SimplySarahSimplySarah Posts: 5
    Oh yay! I found the little Irish corner of nerdfighteria so I thought I'd throw myself into the fray! :D

Hey I know this is a bit late but I really wanna get to know more Irish nerdfighters! I was at the RDS event and it was amazing! who else was there? :)
    I WAS THERE! What time were you there? Were you there in the queue outside quite early? I'm just trying to figure out if I'd have seen you or not
    Oh yay! I found the little Irish corner of nerdfighteria so I thought I'd throw myself into the fray! :D

Hello!
  • HollyComstockHollyComstock IrelandPosts: 54 ✭✭
    Loved the TFIOS event, one of the best nights of my life.

Oh, who am I kidding? Absolutely THE best.

It kinda made me feel incredibly old but now I can see that a good few of yous are in college, so I'm feeling a helluva lot less insecure... So, yeah. Hello :)
  • holesinmysocksholesinmysocks Posts: 4
    hello :) I'm Niamh, born and bred in Limerick. I'm in third year at the moment (oh the joys of the junior cert) and I'm also pretty new to nerdfighteria. I know this post was made 4 months ago but I just thought I'd pop in too! 
    aye-but-twas-some-rebellion.tumblr.com
  • justeriquejusterique Posts: 4
    I realize this thread is pretty old but oh well,

Hi, I'm John, in 5th year, from Waterford and have been a nerdfighter since early 2009
  • orathaicorathaic Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm Cian and am new to the forums, but have been following vlogbrothers for a while...

I'm from Waterford, but moved to Bristol last september and lived in Dublin for the past ten years. I'm not in school of college any more, so you guys make me feel old. 

Oh, i'm a huge gamers, was involved for many years with various gaming groups in Dublin. (this may interest some people: http://www.gaelcon.com/ ) If i'm around for a gathering, and the weather looks nice for it...
    the fathers of great men are quickly forgotten.
  • emily13emily13 Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm Emily, I'm new to the forum. I've been following vlogbrothers for about a year now. I'm from Meath. I'm going into second year.
  • OglorOglor Posts: 1
    Hey I'm Tara, just made an account :). Nerdfighter for about a year and now I'm watching the brotherhood 2.0 videos as well as new stuff :P. Living in the north of Dublin and also going into second year.
    Loved the TFIOS event, one of the best nights of my life.

Oh, who am I kidding? Absolutely THE best.

It kinda made me feel incredibly old but now I can see that a good few of yous are in college, so I'm feeling a helluva lot less insecure... So, yeah. Hello :)
    Best part of that was meeting the other people. If you were in line outside a good bit before the even you may have got a recruitment message that I wrote :P
    hello :) I'm Niamh, born and bred in Limerick. I'm in third year at the moment (oh the joys of the junior cert) and I'm also pretty new to nerdfighteria. I know this post was made 4 months ago but I just thought I'd pop in too! 
    It's still alive though...I just need to post more on here. I've been completely neglecting it :(
    emily13 said:
    Hi! I'm Emily, I'm new to the forum. I've been following vlogbrothers for about a year now. I'm from Meath. I'm going into second year.
    Woo new forumer :D On behalf of the rest of this forum (ok so technically I'm just assuming they'd want me to do this) welcome
  • marthadearestmarthadearest Dublin, IrelandPosts: 25 ✭✭
    orathaic said:
    Hi, I'm Cian and am new to the forums, but have been following vlogbrothers for a while...

I'm from Waterford, but moved to Bristol last september and lived in Dublin for the past ten years. I'm not in school of college any more, so you guys make me feel old. 

Oh, i'm a huge gamers, was involved for many years with various gaming groups in Dublin. (this may interest some people: http://www.gaelcon.com/ ) If i'm around for a gathering, and the weather looks nice for it...
    Cian! I am also from Waterford, finished college and feel old! Whereabouts in the ford are you from?
    "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
  • orathaicorathaic Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    @marthadearest ;
    orathaic said:

Cian! I am also from Waterford, finished college and feel old! Whereabouts in the ford are you from?
    Out the Dunmore road, near the hospital. And you? 
    by orathaic
    the fathers of great men are quickly forgotten.
  • marthadearestmarthadearest Dublin, IrelandPosts: 25 ✭✭
    @orathaic No way! That's mad. I was on he Dunmore Road for ages. I lived in Ballinakill for a few years, and in Grantstown Park before that. My family's out in Tramore since about 2004, and I'm in Dublin since 2007.
    "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
  • Hi, i'm Conor from Monaghan, but i'm in second year science in NUI Galway :D 

DFTBA
  • insearchofthoughtinsearchofthought IrelandPosts: 35
    I'm not sure what point there is to me posting here as it hasn't been very active recently. I'm Kate anyway. I'm a 5th year from Kilkenny and I'd like to get to know some Irish nerdfighters despite it being difficult for me to travel far to any events. Feel free to message me any time.

Also if you have any career suggestions for me I would welcome that because I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment :L

Kate

edited January 2014
    I'm not sure what point there is to me posting here as it hasn't been very active recently. I'm Kate anyway. I'm a 5th year from Kilkenny and I'd like to get to know some Irish nerdfighters despite it being difficult for me to travel far to any events. Feel free to message me any time.

Also if you have any career suggestions for me I would welcome that because I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment :L
    Hey Kate ( @insearchofthought ) . For the record, I still get notifications from here so it's rarely quiet for long. That said, it's usually better visiting the Irish Nerdfighters facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/119784041452959/ (although there's a lot of people in there).

Feel I should re-introduce myself (because I forget what I wrote in the thingy at the start). My name's Luke, obviously, I'm 20 and currently in second year of Multimedia in DCU. 

As far as a career goes, it's normal not to know what you want to do when you're in 5th year so I wouldn't get too bothered about it! :)
    by Luke
  • insearchofthoughtinsearchofthought IrelandPosts: 35
    @Luke Hi Luke I will check out the fb page for sure. Yeah I realise I don't need to know what to do with my life yet but I ought to be at least thinking about it. And I feel talking about that sort of thing is helpful. Do you have plans for what you want to do after college?

Kate

@Luke Hi Luke I will check out the fb page for sure. Yeah I realise I don't need to know what to do with my life yet but I ought to be at least thinking about it. And I feel talking about that sort of thing is helpful. Do you have plans for what you want to do after college?
    Pfft I had no idea what course I wanted to do until 6th year..and even then I just picked one because I'd enjoy doing it.

As for after college, still not entirely sure but I'll probably try to get into a web development/design job
  • Its_an_InitialismIts_an_Initialism Galway, IrelandPosts: 2
    No ones been on in a while.... I know there's the Facebook page but this seems better!!
  • DippofixDippofix Walking on SunshinePosts: 78
    Luke said:
    Hi! :-h  I'm Caroline, and I'm from the northside of Dublin (oh, the shame of it).
    Pretty new to nerdfighteria, but I'm sure I'll settle in quick.   :D

My Tumblr  (fair warning, it's a messy mix of fandoms)
    NORTHSIDE REPRESENT!
    NORTHSIDERS UNITE!
    Though I'm not really a northsider. Living in Germany, I'm more of an outsider. :(
    But yeah, nice to see there are more Irish around (besides Luke :p). It has to be said though, I'm incredibly inactive, and probably don't even count. ^^
  • QuestionsAndTeaQuestionsAndTea Cork, IrelandPosts: 1
    Just joined. Checking in to see if there are any active Nerdfighters in Cork these days. I think we need some quality geek meetup time!