Anyone planning to do NaNoWriMo?

thefinitemethefiniteme New EnglandPosts: 9
edited October 2014 in Nerdfighter Writing Club
Just curious. I've never done it before and honestly don't have time with senior year and everything, but I still think it might be cool to at least try to hit some word limit! And I find that writing with other people to complain to is more fun than doing it alone.
by thefiniteme

Best Answers

• TenleyNadineTenleyNadine MichiganPosts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I've done it every year since 2009 and won twice, but don't regret doing it the other times at all. It's totally understandable to be busy with school and work, and you might not make to 50,000. The way I see it though is, even if you don't reach 50k, you have more words down then you did on November 1st. Maybe 30k, maybe 10k, maybe 1k... but its still more than you had. 

I'm doing it again this year, I have no idea what I'm writing about yet, but I have some time. 
  • RaibeanRaibean Oceanside, CAPosts: 144 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I actually started the Nerdfighter thread on the forum. I haven't won yet, but this is my third year doing it.

Answers

• thefinitemethefiniteme New EnglandPosts: 9
    Awesome that so many Nerdfighters are doing it! I've had no time to really plan my story, but I have a basic plot framework and hopefully I'll get at least a little bit done, if not get an entire novel drafted.

I probably shouldn't have posted this as a question because now I can't reply to anything directly. Sorry, I'm new and technologically incompetent.
  • rkent100rkent100 Posts: 39
    Anyone doing Camp Nanowrimo in April?