Ideas for John's New Book

TVMTVM FloridaPosts: 10
Hey Nerdfighters!
Well, It's inevitable that John is trying to compose a new novel...
Let's give him some ideas!!!!

John, you went to Ethiopia, and discovered the experiences there. Maybe you had a novel where the protagonist is obsessed with charity and volunteering. It's a small idea I just conjured. But hey, it could work?

Anyways, Other Nerdfighters!
Post your ideas to benefit the wonderful imagisphere John holds!

Friends call me Scorpio.

=========================

If I told you what I was,
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous,
Would you be scared?

Comments

• CrystalCrystal Missouri Posts: 5
    I think it should be about a protagonist who faces poverty, the challenges of being a teen, and romantic relations.
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a book that could be read in Felicia Day's vaginal fantasy bookclub ; that'd guarantee content different from the previous books. That being said though, Looking for Alaska was such a brilliant book, I doubt he could top it with any content. I'm still hoping though.

• worri3db3arworri3db3ar Posts: 2
    ...not sure if this is too late to join in on this post but how about a story about an ethopian girl who is intelligent but because of gender and being in a poor family that education is kind of a dream that can only be fulfilled during sleep where her family doesn't have to rely on her and her brothers and sisters to help keep the family afloat but able to live in semi luxury because she finally got a good education and got a job where her entire family doesn't have to live by trying to scrape by on farming and having nights where their bellies are hungry?
  • aishYuaishYu Posts: 1
    it would be cool if his next book focus on Margo's new life in New York. so we get to find out Margo past and her personality. 
    I'd like a prequel to looking for alaska, so we know what made her who she became

• booknerd86booknerd86 Posts: 8
    On Tumblr (I think) I saw a thread/conversation that said someone should write a book where the main character falls in love with the reader and the last page has "please don't turn the page" or something, and someone commented "John Green, where are you? You have to start writing this now!" I thought it was interesting...
    "We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken."
    (Looking for Alaska by John Green)
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭
    @booknerd86 I think I saw that post too. And then someone said something like, "No! Not John Green! He'll kill the character that falls in love with you!" Made me laugh. XD
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • booknerd86booknerd86 Posts: 8
    @MontannaPeach Haha, didn't see that far
    "We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken."
    (Looking for Alaska by John Green)
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 590 ✭✭✭
    It's his book.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • winterrose111winterrose111 ChicagoPosts: 3
    It'd be cool if he wrote the story from a non-binary person's or a queer person's perspective, just because that is a subject matter that isn't too deeply explored in his books, and it'd have an interesting take from his views on all of that.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 590 ✭✭✭
    @winterrose111 i don't think you've read will grayson will grayson
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • Sara_no_hSara_no_h Springfield, MoPosts: 1
    I would really love to see a meaningful interaction that crosses generational lines in his new book. I feel like any real interaction with an older adult in his books tends to reflect that lens of dehumanizing sadness that young people often use to interact with older adults (think holden caulfield's interaction with his teacher before leaving school). I would love to see a teenager confronted with an old person's real vulnerability. like, a conversation about past regrets and doubts and current fears. I remember my experience like that and it blew my mind that old people were still thinking and growing and figuring it out. I would seriously dig that.
  • Jay_CJay_C Posts: 1
    Here's my completely random ideas, straight from my brain. I'd be happy for comments.

1. Novel on the perspective of person/people who constantly gets objectified. For examples, models (or celebrities in general), prostitutes, janitors, etc.
    2. NERDFIGHTER ROMANCE STORYYY with 2 nerdfighters whose interests, as shown in the venn diagram, only has John and Hank overlapping.
    3. A story of a protagonist with unwanted talent (something like Jack Skellington)
    Jay_C said:

Here's my completely random ideas, straight from my brain. I'd be happy for comments.

1. Novel on the perspective of person/people who constantly gets objectified. For examples, models (or celebrities in general), prostitutes, janitors, etc.
    2. NERDFIGHTER ROMANCE STORYYY with 2 nerdfighters whose interests, as shown in the venn diagram, only has John and Hank overlapping.
    3. A story of a protagonist with unwanted talent (something like Jack Skellington)

1. You should probably contact Dr Doe for that. She knows prostitutes, maybe one of them wants to write a book.
    2. I doubt he'd want to write a book like that. It could risk serving as a recipe for how nerdfighter like is supposed to work out.
    3. That is entirely possible. But taking his other books into account, it's usually other people who appear as specially gifted, not the main protagonist(s). At least from my point of view.

In short, in my opinion, I don't think any of those three are likely. I would like to see John make a book that's different from the usual style though, so here's hoping.