Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham

Comments

• zonzonnzonzonn MarylandPosts: 5,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Hi there, I'm also here to complain about the abundance of spoilery things in your post! First, as others have said, this is, indeed, the TV/Movies subforum. Which means, even if what you're saying is merely speculation, the fact that it's based on the comic books means you shouldn't be stating it (at least outside of spoiler tags). It's not fair to those that have not had the luxury of researching/reading the Arrow cannon. We want to be surprised by the twists and the ways in which different characters evolve. The difference between our speculations and yours is the fact that ours is coming from our brains/very limited knowledge AND the fact we use tags.

Yes, this thread welcomes spoilers, but we've all been polite to others by talking about episodes within these tags. For instance, Kiar and I know that Teaj is not caught up on Arrow, so we tagged it in order to not spoil the events of the episodes. Teaj may or may not know the story arcs of Arrow, but we still don't want to ruin things. 

Look, if this were in the comic forum, and we were getting frustrated with spoilers like what you posted, then you would be justified in your responses. This is the TV/Movies forum, and the freedom of spoilers only applies to the shows. As stated in the initial post
    by zonzonn
    "You have a faint glimmer shining somewhere in the caves of your heart. Maybe you just need a swift breeze to run through you to help spread the fire."
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Delete
    by RialVestro
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    AGAIN seriously, cut it down, I don't want to read all that when it can be summed up as... *skims*

"I'm not that great at that kind of thing and would appreciate some pointers"

"My stuff is speculation too, and now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing"
    I think the main part of our disagreement lies in the fact that a story arc of the Arrow comics was spoiled. While this seems like it's something that we should expect due to us being in a spoiler thread, it wasn't the type of spoilers we were talking about. The reason there is a warning on this is that we wanted a place where we could find fellow fans of the show and politely (And by polite I mean using tags) discuss these shows. The reason we still use tags is because we're all at different parts of different shows. 
    Now, back to the comic book thing, and the frustrations being expressed: No, you explaining different points of the comic (A post I did not read because I like surprises) does not necessarily spoil the show itself. What happened with you talking about the comic is that you influenced the way those that read your post watch the show. It's kind of like watching the last episode of a series first, or reading the last chapter of a book before you start. Everything you learned will influence how you take in the rest of the series/book. This takes some of the joy out of speculating what the show may do with its characters.

This could have all been avoided if you had simply said: "Spoilers for Arrow comic", and underneath a spoiler tag explained your theories. That way, those that don't mind learning about Arrow comic spoilers could read it and respond while those that would have preferred to not know would be able to safely skip past it. If I'm reading Kiar's responses correctly, that is what she's asking you to do. Spoiler tags are a polite precaution, even within a spoiler thread.
    "You have a faint glimmer shining somewhere in the caves of your heart. Maybe you just need a swift breeze to run through you to help spread the fire."
    edited November 2014
    Thank you zonzonn
    by RialVestro
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rial: Teaj, Zon, and I have explained several times why comic-book-based spoilers are inappropriate. Spoilers based on an expanded knowledge base are not speculation - they're spoilers. The subject is not up for debate. As I said in my previous post, I must ask you to edit and spoiler tag your posts, or I will have to ask you to leave this thread. This is the last time I will be asking. 
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
    edited November 2014
    Thank you zonzonn
    by RialVestro
    I do want to point out that you edited your post after Kiar had responded, and therefore it's a little unfair to respond to her post in a negative way as she most likely is not aware that you changed yours, just to be fair to all parties. However, I suggest we leave the previous conversation behind, and move forward from here. That way we can all get back to enjoying our conversations about shows we like.

Also, thanks Rial for adding in the spoiler tags. 
    edited November 2014
    Look at the post just before yours again. 
    Rial... I am not fooled by the fact that you edited your post after I already replied to you. I am disappointed you would try to do this in order to make my post seem irrelevant. A simple reply would have sufficed. 
    I appreciate you spoiler-tagging your posts, but I disagree that the initial post needs to be edited. This is a thread in the TV/Movie subforum. As others have said several times, it is self-explanatory that book-based spoilers do not belong here. And yes - revealing the identity of a character is spoiling the TV show. 
    I assure you, I have not been "complaining for the sake of complaining" at any point in my conversation. Every post I have made I have attempted to explain my reasoning and convince you to be considerate of this thread's audience. I am unable to understand how repeatedly trying to reason with you and asking you to spoiler-tag your post for the sake of others is complaining. 
    Can we please try to just give this subject a rest? Pointless debate is not the point of this thread. I would appreciate it if all conversation from here on would relate to the initial subject - and, subsequently, the title - of this thread. The Flash, Arrow, and Gotham TV shows. 

EDIT: Woops, missed your post, Zon. Took the words right out of my mouth. 
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    edited November 2014
    So, Arrow S3E5 @zonzonn I think this episode is going to be focusing on Felicity... I am so okay with this XD Watch it and gush with me!

And just finished it - 
    HOLY CRAP BUT DAT ENDING, THO!
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    edited November 2014
    oh my gosh! That entire episode was actually really good. I was really excited to see where Felicity came from, and her mother! Not expecting that one, haha. It was really nice to see the relationship and not have it end horribly. (Obviously they haven't learned from Joss). But seriously. And Ray (I think?) Seems to actually be settling in as a good guy, though I'm not about to believe that completely. Hmmmm.... I also love that no one is questioning where Oliver lives, or where his money comes from since he isn't rich anymore and isn't working. And even though they're still lying to each other, I love that Thea and Oliver are "getting along" though I kinda feel like she's manipulating him a bit... AND YES! THAT ENDING. I DON'T EVEN KNOW. WAS THAT A HALLUCINATION?! PLEASE BE A HALLUCINATION CAUSED BY THE MIRRACURU.
    by zonzonn
    Well, considering Rial spoiled who Ray Palmer is, I don't really get to guess about if he's a good guy or bad guy anymore :( Yeah, Oliver's money thing is kind of a plot hole they are not addressing. Though with him moving in with Thea, I guess he won't have to worry about rent. I'm really loving Thea's development, by the way (even if I'm hating that she's totally okay with Merlin being her dad, and killing a bunch of people...) But I like that she's more confident and can take care of herself. OH! Speaking of people taking care of themselves - I love that Felicity totally disarmed that guy without Oliver's help. That was the best. AND THAT ENDING I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!
    My writing project
    I was wondering which identity was spoiled. =\ I just want an episode where Oliver has a job at like, BK or something. (I'm guessing that they're assuming his mom had life insurance?) Yea, The's being completely okay with Merlin being her dad is kind of annoying. Like she freaked out about it for awhile, and now it's all normal? I dunno. YES! I had forgotten that she completely diaries that guy. It was so great. Especially because they were exes, and it was an emotional thing, but she did it anyway. I was so happy. WHAT IF HE ACTUALLY KILLED SARA?!
    I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!!
    My writing project
    @TheStig

Gotham E8

Okay the ending with the police all banning together to help him was kind of cheese, but Gordon with a katana was badass XD

My writing project
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but watching Bruce beat the ever living crap out of that kid was pretty satisfying.
    "Well, scientifically speaking, traditions are an idiot thing." - Rick Sanchez
    Bahahaha and Alfred, I love Alfred
    My writing project
    edited November 2014
    @ZonZonn Last week's Arrow episode

OMG HE DID THE BOXING-GLOVE ARROW YESSSSSS BAHAHAHAHA XD That made me so happy

Also I love Cisco in the Flash XD He's quickly hands-down become my favorite. 
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    Last week's Arrow
    WHAT BOXING GLOVE THING?!? I am confuse.

And yes! Cisco is so great. It makes me happy.
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    D'aww our little Brucey is in love.
    edited November 2014
    @zonzonn

In the comic books, Green Arrow's signature move is an arrow who's tip blows up into a boxing glove like this BUT THEN THEY DID IT IN THE SHOW AND IT MADE MY LIFE

^THAT IS NOW MY FAVORITE GIF EVER

Crap! I forgot to catch Gotham! *Investigates*
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    Ohhhh. Bahahaha. That's great. I didn't know that was a thing. *withhold ranting about arrows/bows not working like that* It's a pretty sweet move, though. I love this show more and more.
    Oh, it obviously isn't physically possible (or practical) BUT IT WAS A NOD TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL AND THAT MADE ME INCREDIBLY HAPPY
    My writing project
    @TheStig okay Bruce is being pretty adorable this episode
    My writing project
    Too bad Catwoman is such a beeotch, the girl they got to play her is pretty cute. I would totally ship them, but you know...
    edited November 2014
    Haha, yeah. But I'm enjoying the Riddler. He still somehow feels like the Riddler, without being... well... pathetic. In fact, he's actually pretty intelligent. His character's intriguing. 

(Dawwww, and I love how Alfred comes in, all ready to stop the food fight, and then he sees Bruce having fun and just lets them continue. I like Alfred.) 
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    I like all the characters lol. How Harvey just totally flipped a lid (or a coin lolololololol) and went well.... two faced.... on that guy. This is really following the gritty realism they injected into Batman with the more recent films.
    Realism? XD Sometimes debatable. But gritty, yes. And I really am enjoying all of the characters (even if the plot can be predictable, and the dialogue cringe-worthy.) It's really the characters that have hooked me. 
    My writing project
    I missed the Gotham talk. But agreement with all the comments. The characters are so great. I'm glad Riddler is actually interesting instead of pathetic.

@Kiar‌ Arrow, tho.
    I.... am not sure how to feel about this week's episode. The episode itself was sub par, I thought, but I liked what it did for the characters, if that makes sense. It seemed to work as a platform for expanding the characters. I feel like they actually went beyond the preset reactions and such. And I was kinda happy to leave Laurel alone for an episode. I like that Oliver is kind of evolving a little and seems to be less brooding and more focused on Roy (Did he call Roy Arsenal on the radio?) And the ending! Ray did a thing! I don't know what it means, exactly, but it was a thing. But also family dinner with Dig. Such cute.
    Felicity walks in on her boss doing the salmon ladder "Oh god. I have a type." BAHAHAHHA Oh I love you Felicity. 

Yeah, I thought the episode was a little sub-par as well. Kind of a throw back to the first seasons "villain of the week" feel. 

Yeah, it looks like Roy is going the Arsenal route, rather than Red Arrow. They mentioned the name Arsenal in the previous episode, so I kind of saw that one coming. And the thing with Ray! "Let me know when you've extracted the dwarf star alloy" wait what? XD But the suit thing. The screen said project ATOM. (Which is the thing Rial spoiled ways back. Sooo I didn't really get to be surprised.) But it still looks cool and I'm intrigued to see where this is going! And the suit. I want to see that suit.

My writing project