Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham

Comments

• TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I just watched the latest episode. I must say I am happy with the addition of Bunchie from Ray Donovan (Dash Mihok) to the cast.
    "Well, scientifically speaking, traditions are an idiot thing." - Rick Sanchez
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Also worthy of mentioning, Emily Kinney ("Beth" from The Walking Dead), will be playing the Bug-Eyed Bandit on The Flash
    "Well, scientifically speaking, traditions are an idiot thing." - Rick Sanchez
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I haven't seen the most recent episode, but OH MY GOODNESS Yes XD Beth ahahaha. That will be amusing. 
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Since I have the ability to watch shows at the moment, I'm watching more arrow. Finally got to ep 16 of season 2 and.... XD I really shouldn't be happy about seeing the suicide squad, but I am.
    I'm watching The Flash now. "lightning gave me abs?" is the best reaction to waking up from a 9 month coma XD
    "Which one is the north wing?"
    "The one with the Big Belly Burger." *strange looks* "I eat."

This show is the best thing ever.
    I really enjoy it XD (man I need to get caught up)
    My writing project
    ooh, what episode are you on? we can watch together!
    I think... I'd either just seen 11 or was about to watch 11
    My writing project
    well I'm on 4 sooooo guess we'll see when i'm there!
    edited March 2015
    I'm also watching Arrow at the same time and... 
    (s3 e3)
    Oops. Forgot to tell the League of Assassins Sara died.... That's... really not a good thing.

Also
    (end of s1 onward)
    Oliver really sucks at shooting people in the eye. I mean, it always goes through the eye, but three times people have survived it. I mean, really, what are the odds?

s3 e4 (towards the end)
    Oh my god! shoot him in the knee! cut off his foot! I'd like to see him escape anything without a foot!
    by Teaj
    Barry has a Batman comic XD This show just keeps giving awesome.
          Oh man, I need to get caught up on Arrow as well. I watched it up through the mid-season finale of season 3 (which I think was episode 9?) But I haven't seen any of it since the break. Let me know once you've seen 9 and then we can watch it together!
    My writing project
    Alrighty! I'm only on 6 now, but I'll easily be on 9 by the time I'm there.
  • AngryplantAngryplant Posts: 17
    Teaj said:

Barry has a Batman comic XD This show just keeps giving awesome.

Sorry, it's a Space Ghost comic.
    Trauma is appending in the multiverse. The VFD is rising.
    Hmm. Either way!
    I have a question: If there ever is a JL movie, do you think the TV versions of the Flash, and Green Arrow will be in it?
    I've debated that a fair amount, given the movies coming up, and I'm not sure. As much as I would love it and think they would probably like to, movie contracts and TV contracts are very different and would probably overlap, so probably not.
    Well then it's DC's loss!
  • CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of you caught up on The Flash? I haven't managed to get up to date on Gotham or Arrow, but the last few Flash episodes have been top-notch in my opinion. 
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Kiar and I are! We're waiting for the next episode to come out. I have been loving the Flash so much! Everything about it. Just... everything.
    Mark Hamill's going to be in an episode soon!
    New episode of the Flash spoilers:

CISCO!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?!?!? WHO WILL NAME THE VILLAINS?!
    Ahhh yes! Mark Hamill! Am excite!

And while I'm not checking out the spoilers yet because I will not be seeing the episode until tomorrow night, I do appreciate your signature. *tips hat.*
    I didn't realize this was a sad occasion. 
    My writing project
  • CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    I may have become a bit obsessed with Hartley Rathaway from Flash. And the Hartley/Cisco ship, because I love me some love/hate relationships. XD I really hope he comes back on the show, along with all his snark. 
    I also couldn't resist doodling him.
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭
    This season of the Flash is confusing as hell... Is anyone going to point out the massive time paradox here?

Eddie killed himself so that Eobald (spelling) would never have been born in the future. This means that he never could of gone back in time to kill Barry's mother, Barry's father never would of gone to prison, Barry never would of grown up with Iris and her father, he never would of killed and taken the identity of the real Harrison Wells, he wouldn't of created the Flash, and he couldn't have left a will in which he admits to killing Barry Allen's mother. This entire time line should no longer exist. Eobald actually admitted that he altered the natural course of events from his history in order to speed up the creation of the Flash. Barry would still become the Flash, but in the future, he shouldn't have his powers yet. Of course this being the case, it would also change the history of Arrow so the crossovers between the two shows would never have happened.

From a production stand point it makes sense that they would continue on this time line because if they don't the'd have to rewrite and reshoot, and reair alternate episodes of Arrow in which the Flash made appearances plus the Flash TV show itself would be put on a long hiatus until it catches up with the original time line that Eobald changed which we never actually saw.

This alternate universe thing though could be used to explain away why this time line still exists. Maybe they'll discover a universe in which all the changes from Eobald having never existed actually did take place. Though if that were the case he would still exist on this Earth.

Earth 2 can't really be the other Earth because the Medahuman event happened two years before the one in the main universe. If it were the Earth where Eobald never went back in time that should of happened later meaning Metahumans wouldn't exist yet rather than happening earlier.
    Plus this week Jay said that Atlantis was still above water on his world and Eobald had nothing to do with sinking Atlantis... as far as we know.

To make things even more confusing we now also have the Harrison Wells of Earth 2. Though I'm going to continue that discussion over on this page which is full of speculation based on knowledge from the comics. I can't talk about specific characters without bringing up their comic and cartoon counterparts and from previous experience, you frown upon that here so if you want to continue reading you can follow me over there.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    This season of the Flash is confusing as hell... Is anyone going to point out the massive time paradox here?

Eddie killed himself so that Eobald (spelling) would never have been born in the future. This means that he never could of gone back in time to kill Barry's mother, Barry's father never would of gone to prison, Barry never would of grown up with Iris and her father, he never would of killed and taken the identity of the real Harrison Wells, he wouldn't of created the Flash, and he couldn't have left a will in which he admits to killing Barry Allen's mother. This entire time line should no longer exist.
    Yeah, that's always kind of irked me, too. It's why, generally, I don't like time travel in sci fi shows: it is rarely done well, and it is even more rare that the rules they establish to explain their time travel remain self-consistent. Then again, this show isn't exactly known for its scientific accuracy (I'm looking at you, ice gun that can apparently freeze and shatter laser beams -_-) The explanation for all this is that the writers care more about exciting plot than consistent time travel rules or mildly realistic science.
    My writing project
    My sister and I mention the bad science in the show to one another to annoy each other. It's just.... noooooooo... 

BUT! There is a theory that if you travel in time you don't so much as alter your own time line as create more branching universes. It's not perfect, because in that case Eddie killing himself would not have *necessarily* done anything buuut whatever, it's the best I got.
    edited November 2015

Teaj said:
    There is a theory that if you travel in time you don't so much as alter your own time line as create more branching universes. It's not perfect, because in that case Eddie killing himself would not have *necessarily* done anything buuut whatever, it's the best I got.
    That's actually my favorite theory of time-travel because then you avoid all of the time paradoxes that can arise. However, as you said, it still doesn't work for their use of time travel in this show because they do demonstrate causality (Eddie killing himself prevents Eobard from being born) but also do not demonstrate consistent causality, because the prevention of Eobard's existence should have prevented all of his actions as well. They at once establish a rule of time-travel, and then break it in the same breath. And that annoys me.
    by Kiar
    My writing project
  • crowlovescorecrowlovescore GermanyPosts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Kiar said:

Teaj said:
    There is a theory that if you travel in time you don't so much as alter your own time line as create more branching universes. It's not perfect, because in that case Eddie killing himself would not have *necessarily* done anything buuut whatever, it's the best I got.
    That's actually my favorite theory of time-travel because then you avoid all of the time paradoxes that can arise. However, as you said, it still doesn't work for their use of time travel in this show because they do demonstrate causality (Eddie killing himself prevents Eobard from being born) but also do not demonstrate consistent causality, because the prevention of Eobard's existence should have prevented all of his actions as well. They at once establish a rule of time-travel, and then break it in the same breath. And that annoys me.

They defiantly influence their own timeline if I got the legends of tomorrow trailer right, but you are right there are some inconsistencies with Eddi killing himself and all. I am guessing it will get even more confussing in legends of tomorrow, but I am super exiteted for the show.
    by crowlovescore