Is this place used anymore?

Do people still use your pants? I haven't seen the vlogbrothers mentioning it in a while. I just joined and I really hope that I didn't miss all this awesome Nerdfighterness. 

Comments

• Sylvia3Sylvia3 PennsylvaniaPosts: 98 ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that it's not as active as it used to be. I think more Nerdfighter stuff is happening on Tumblr nowadays. That's where Hank and John seem to interact with fans most often, anyway. 
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,831 Admin
    It was the most active when it started in November 2012. It stayed active for a good number of months, but I think even a year later, it was not what it used to be. There are still regulars on here though, and the people still here are great people.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • TenleyNadineTenleyNadine MichiganPosts: 681 ✭✭✭
    It's sort inactive now. That's what happened with the last two forums we had too. I think most people have fled to Tumblr. But every now and then you'll catch a conversation here. 

"The world unwraps itself to you, again and again, as soon as you are ready to see it anew." Wicked

• RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    A picture paints a thousand words.
    Tumblr is good for posting pictures.
    People just don't have the time or patience for a thousand words any more.

"I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • If you're looking for a more active community, you might try the NF ning. There aren't all that many of us left, but there is pretty much always a lively convo going on in the chat and lots of forum pages are still pretty active. However, I'd agree with everyone else who's said that all of these NF-specific sites have kind of been deserted by Hank and John. It's a shame, but I guess there's always tumblr :/
  • Jackhk21Jackhk21 Posts: 2
    It can't be on the way out I just joined ten minutes ago
  • (Long sigh) I love what Hank and John are doing right now but I feel kinda disappointed that I missed out on pre 2011 Nerdfighting. Sure they still do a lot of stuff but I feel like it's much less in depth and involved than it used to be based on the older videos.
  • Friendship2Friendship2 New JerseyPosts: 15
    I feel you MadMan. Furthermore, the amount of time that elasped between your last reply and this message really does answer the question.
  • mtttikemtttike Posts: 27
    I think it's also because Nerdfighters are more geographically distant than in the beginning and people have migrated to Facebook groups. I feel that nostalgia while watching the old videos and I ask myself where was i when this stuff happend? (well I did not have a pc back in 2007, so yeah...)
  • chase_and_jenchase_and_jen California's PantsPosts: 1
    Aww man. We just finished our pilgrimage back to 2007 John and Hank and decided to make a profile to finish it off.. Thankfully we still have about eight years left of videos to watch so I guess we'll get back to that for now. <3
    Nerdier than anyone realizes...
  • lumbahjackilumbahjacki New Orleans, Louisiana (also my pants)Posts: 5
    I hope people still use this site! I wanna meet other nerdfighters!!!!!!
  • athousandowlsathousandowls West Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 171 ✭✭
    I feel the same way. I feel like I missed out on a huge amount of awesome. I mean there may even have been potential friendships I missed out on just by not being active in Nerdfighteria when the forums and everything else were in their heyday! And now this place is kinda just... well. Inactive, as you say.

Is it possible to miss something you never had? Or the missed potential of something?
  • lesmisnerdlesmisnerd Posts: 12
    I definitley think it is possible to miss something you never had. I recently finished all of the 2007 videos, and I came searching for the famed forums and the old websites. During the time of the original vlogbrothers in 2007 and even the couple of years after that, I was too young to read or type. There was simply no way I could have been a part of the community. Yet I still miss it. Now I look back longingly on a time that I simply had no means of experiencing. It is pretty sad coming to the forum and seeing it almost as a ghost town, but I guess that is just the nature of life - it moves on. If only there were a way to bring back the forum to how it used to be.
  • heffalumpheffalump Posts: 3
    I miss the in your pants jokes. they don't even add in your pants to the end of book titles anymore.
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 451 ✭✭✭
    We should start doing that again! I know it might just be me also missing things I barely had, but I feel like we could totally bring on a small scale comeback of old school nerdfighteria if we tried hard enough and cared enough about it.
    (I propose to begin the comeback: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy In Your Pants)
    I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.
    In which case, I add to this list the book I just finished reading: More Than This. ...In Your Pants.

Also I've never eaten a single peep in my life and I feel like this needs to change.
    @athousandowls agreed, I feel as though there needs to be more peep eating in our lives.

For the list, I propose the textbook I just got assigned in my women, genders, and sexualities course: Feminist Frontiers In Your Pants.
    @thisisnotmyname I've never even seen a real life peep.

That made me laugh. I love it. The Rest of Us Just live Here In Your Pants?
    @athousandowls I've definitely seen one at some point, and I think I've probably had one too at some point? I don't remember.

Ummm... Harry Potter and the Cursed Child In Your Pants?
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 621 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    You know what Roald Dahl's biographies are called?

Boy in your pants
    Going Solo in your pants.

Also, about the community being inactive: please avoid going to the dumpster fire that is the reddit nerdfighters forums.
    by beepbop1011
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
    Ooh, that reminded me! Boy Meets Boy In Your Pants! It's by David Levithan.

and @lucius1011 I would never tread upon the dark underworld of reddit, even if it were the last living nerdfighteria platform known to man.
    @thisisnotmyname it's not that bad on the Harry Potter subreddit, just that sometimes idiots post stuff on the Nerdfighters subreddit nowadays. Other places on Reddit aren't half bad.
    @lucius1011 hmmm... I dunno, you are the first person I've ever heard say a single nice thing about reddit.
    @thisisnotmyname John is pretty active on soccer subreddits. Or was before the social media hiatus.
    @lucius1011 well I suppose that speaks to reddit's decency, but I still don't know if I want to bother trying to involve myself in yet another platform.
    edited September 2016
    @thisisnotmyname yes, don't join. but i'd make an account just to downvote that a­sshole.
    by beepbop1011
    @lucius1011 Wait, am I missing something? What asshole needs downvoting?
    OH, right on the that was on the TNU thread.
    I posted a link on the Teenagers Unite Thread. You can star threads to get notifications so that's convenient.
    I do have it starred, I just didn't notice the link. I'll go check it out now.