Oh, Canada.

Comments

• AxelAxel Posts: 5
    Hi folks,

I'm Amy. I'm originally from about an hour north of Toronto, but I've been living down east in Halifax, NS for the last 5 years.
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Hello fellow Canadian Nerdfighters!

So, my name is Kristina, and I currently live in/around the Toronto area (I think I've met some of the other Torontonian members!).
    Originally from Pickering (Eastern GTA) I'm in Ottawa for University. Wondering more specifically when this Toronto Gathering is, if I can I might come.
    YES!  Pickering is my hometown as well!  I wonder if I/one of my sisters knows you... :3
  • emmacorberemmacorber Posts: 3
    Hi!
    My name is Emma, I'm a nerdfighter from Toronto but I don't have facebook.
    I really want to know when the TO nerdfighter gatherings are!
    Could someone fill me in?
    Thanks!!
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    @emmacorber there 's going to be another TO gathering Saturday November 24, folks will be meeting at the top of the stairs in Union Station (where the Via Rail stuff is) at 1pm.
  • nimuenimue Posts: 2
    Another Nova Scotian checking in :)
  • WhatSaraSaidWhatSaraSaid Posts: 21
    Hi! I'm Sara and I'm from Trois-Rivières, Québec. :)
  • TheFoolTheFool Posts: 1
    Hiya!

I'm from Calgary originally but living in Victoria for the foreseeable future. Any other nerdfighters out here in our lovely if not lively provincial capital?
  • isabelraeisabelrae Posts: 67
    Hi, I'm Isabel, and I'm from Oshawa, Ontario, about an hour train ride from Toronto. I haven't been able to make a Toronto Gathering yet, but I hope to make the November one.
    "When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books"
  • So many Nova Scotians! Where do you guys all live? We should have a Halifax gathering or something! :)
  • kpo987kpo987 Posts: 3
    Nova Scotians, I've started a separate discussion thread for us to hang out in so we can maybe get a gathering together. There seems to be a fair amount of us in Halifax so far.
  • meg4nerdmeg4nerd Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Colette said:
    Hi!  I'm Colette!
    I live in a small town near Windsor, Ontario.
    It's nice to meet fellow Canadian nerdfighters. :)
    I'm Maggie and I'm from Windsor Ontario! Until this point I have yet to meet fellow nerdfighters here that i didn't go to school with. 
  • thepiratequeenktthepiratequeenkt Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Hi I'm Erin I live in Victoria BC but will be moving to Vancouver for a job in January (if I can find a place to live -> this is proving more challenging than you'd think)

• StageCraftStageCraft Posts: 76
    A thought

Perhaps make regional discussions? As many people have noted in the past, we live in a very large country and while it's great to have people talking in this general discusion, any meetups ideas could be confined to the places people can actually reach in a reasonable amount of time.

To this end, you would have "Golden Horseshoe" instead of just Toronto, or "Ottawa Vally" could be another one.
    "Man forgets reality and remembers words.” 
    ― Roger Zelazny

International Tea-Drinkers Society ----- without the Tea it's just DFBA
  • TedrewFTedrewF Posts: 3
    Hey everybody, geez I didn't think there would be so many of us here in Canada. Anyways I'm originally from Vancouver but I'm in Toronto at York University for school type things at the moment (specifically history) and I'm super excited to see/meet other nerdfighters!
  • TedrewFTedrewF Posts: 3
    I'm Teddy btws
  • amyleeamylee Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm Amy and I come from Northern Ontario about 5 hours north of North Bay. I'll be going to Uni in Toronto next year, and I hope that I'll be able to meet some Nerdfighter when I get there. I've never met a Nerdfighter before, and I can't wait to meet one. I feel that we are a huge community but we're scattered around the world and that complicated a lot of things. I hope this site will make us all closer.
  • bluetoes591bluetoes591 Posts: 4
    @thepiratequeenkt Tell me about it, I just moved all of eight blocks here in Vancouver into a near perfect space for me, but it took three months of stress to find a place.
  • forgettingitsthereforgettingitsthere CanadaPosts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    Hello there, I'm Molly! I'm over on Vancouver Island in BC and I sadly know no other nerdfighters (though I'm slowly converting my sister). I do wish there were more here, however the forums are awesome!

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” 

- George R.R. Martin

• ColetteColette Posts: 33
    @meg4nerd YAY for a Windsor nerdfighter. I only know one other nerdfighter around here. Ahhh so cool to see more Windsor nerdfighters!
  • AishaAisha Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Hey all! I'm Aisha, originally from Vancouver but now live in Edmonton .
    Any other Edmontonian nerdfighters around?
    by Aisha
  • MeredithMeredith Posts: 40
    Cassie said:
    Hello fellow Nerdfighters! I'm Cassie. I'm from THAT London as well but apparently sound like I'm from the UK some days. It's a tendency.
    @Meredith I really want to know what the 20 minutes small town is! I'll probably know it.
    @Cassie: It's called Granton...it has about 300 people and is approximately one and a half city blocks...I think people have literally blinked and missed it
  • TheOriginalSimonTheOriginalSimon Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Well I am Simon and I am from Toronto, to bad I missed the last gathering! I would love to join the next one!
    I am Simon . . .
    I say Be Original!
  • TheOriginalSimonTheOriginalSimon Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Which Staircase???
    I am Simon . . .
    I say Be Original!
  • jalestrojalestro Posts: 37
    Meredith said:
    Cassie said:
    Hello fellow Nerdfighters! I'm Cassie. I'm from THAT London as well but apparently sound like I'm from the UK some days. It's a tendency.
    @Meredith I really want to know what the 20 minutes small town is! I'll probably know it.
    @Cassie: It's called Granton...it has about 300 people and is approximately one and a half city blocks...I think people have literally blinked and missed it
    Hi Cassie and Meredith, and all the other Canadian nerdfighters!  I'm originally from Winnipeg but currently in THAT London (I tend to refer to it as "fake London") for Law School.

We should organize a London gathering so we don't have to go all the way to Toronto or Waterloo to meet other awesome people.
    "If a square on the hypotenuse equals a sum of the square on the other two sides...why is a mouse when it spins? I never did know the answer to that one." - The 4th Doctor

• RaineRaine Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone! I'm Jodi, I live north of Toronto. It's awesome to see so many Canadian nerdfighters, I only know a few, and they aren't as into it as I am. Nice to meet y'all :)
    by Raine
  • jmdattajmdatta Posts: 3
    Hello all! From Calgary AB here! Any other Calgarians?
  • @jmdatta yes. Calgary AB also.
  • TheJessicersTheJessicers Posts: 19
    @awesomemcsauce I'm from the Fraser Valley area too! 

There is a Vancouver (Lower Mainland) Nerdfighter group that has over 200 members (although not that many are active) http://www.facebook.com/groups/121178821331483/
    Find me on Twitter and YouTube: TheJessicers
    DFTBA
  • SisterAwakeSisterAwake Posts: 10
    amylee said:
    Hi, I'm Amy and I come from Northern Ontario about 5 hours north of North Bay. I'll be going to Uni in Toronto next year, and I hope that I'll be able to meet some Nerdfighter when I get there. I've never met a Nerdfighter before, and I can't wait to meet one. I feel that we are a huge community but we're scattered around the world and that complicated a lot of things. I hope this site will make us all closer.
    !!!! Another Northerner! :D I grew up in Iroquois Falls, and now living in Sudbury :) I've never met any nerdfighters either, we're a rare kind up north I guess. 
    "My life is now complete. Except for those other things I want." - Joss Whedon
  • OldRedInkOldRedInk Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    by OldRedInk