Any Nerdfighters that write?

I want to find some not-that-well-known writers to support. Especially Nerdfighter writers.

Comments

• LuneSpark9LuneSpark9 Washington, USAPosts: 6
    Hi! I write, but I can never seem to finish a book XD 

We
    did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork
    board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.” ― Jerry Spinelli.  DFTBA

• NackPTNackPT Posts: 41

Hi! I write, but I can never seem to finish a book XD 

Then write short stories!
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I write as well - both short stories and full-length books. Finishing a long project can be tough, but it's well worth the feeling of accomplishment when you write an ending. 

There's actually a subforum dedicated to this topic, called the Nerdfighter Writing Club in the Projects, Creations, and Brain Crack section, though it hasn't been getting much love. Here is the link if you guys are interested! 
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
    Kiar said:

I write as well - both short stories and full-length books. Finishing a long project can be tough, but it's well worth the feeling of accomplishment when you write an ending. 

There's actually a subforum dedicated to this topic, called the Nerdfighter Writing Club in the Projects, Creations, and Brain Crack section, though it hasn't been getting much love. Here is the link if you guys are interested! 
    Thanks!
  • MoundfreekMoundfreek Colorado SpringsPosts: 17
    YES! However, I'm independent, so my work can't be found in libraries. I write fantasy novels that are loosely young adult, but written with no particular audience in mind. I DO give ebooks away for free whenever I can. So far I only have one publication "The Waters of Nyra: Volume I" with a sequel to be released in July: http://kellymichellebaker.com/\

Glad to see other writers posting here already!
    I am a professional ecologist with ulcerative colitis .... but am not Hank. Books and nerds are my favorite.
    @Moundfreek Sweet! I'll check it out!
  • LuneSpark9LuneSpark9 Washington, USAPosts: 6
    Thanks @NackPT! I think that is what I'd be best at currently :) 

So gonna check out that writing club!! 

We
    did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork
    board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.” ― Jerry Spinelli.  DFTBA

Thanks for sharing the link. I'll check it out!
    I am a professional ecologist with ulcerative colitis .... but am not Hank. Books and nerds are my favorite.
  • JitKensonJitKenson TexasPosts: 2
    I've only recently begun to write more seriously. If you want to check it out, the link can be found below. 
    Website | MY BOOK |  If you want to know, then ask.
    @JitKenson I'll make sure to get that ASAP.
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    I have a blog; have written two novels and a graphic novel. I'm currently working on more comics and planning a third novel.

Always writing.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • DoctorDonna20DoctorDonna20 Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I write!

I have been working on writing some short stories that I collected while I was in Haiti. I was there for two months and I interviewed over 30 people, collecting almost 100 stories. The collection is called Seeds in a Dark Fruit Sky. I will start submitting to literary journals soon and finalizing the manuscript over the summer. 
    We will have a Kickstarter campaign in May to fund the project.

Right now I am just trying to get the word out there, we launched out website and Facebook page yesterday. 

The website is now live: http://www.seedsinadarkfruitsky.wordpress.com
    And we have a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Seedsinadarkfruitsky

I was hoping to get some help from Nerdfighteria, if you are interested in this project. 

I need a casual editor - to edit and look over the occasional story or query letter. 

And I will also need someone to help me with the Kickstarter campaign, posting updates and helping me stay organized. 

Little things, and I could compensate you a little bit, but nothing to write home about. And you would get a copy of the book for free. I just need a couple people on my side. This is a big project, and I could use some help getting it off the ground. 

You can always e-mail me at seedsinadarkfruitsky@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thank you! DFTBA!

by DoctorDonna20
    Doctor Donna, it looks amazing!
  • xNinaxNina Posts: 2
    Yes, I write! :)
  • DoctorDonna20DoctorDonna20 Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    @Moundfreek - Thank you so much! I'm really excited for the Kickstarter launch in two weeks. :)
  • FangirlKodaFangirlKoda Posts: 11
    Hi! I write....though it's just fanfiction thingys....
  • KatFrogKatFrog Posts: 2
    I write. I actually have a book on Amazon called "Crazy" by Kathryn A. Patterson. It's cheap - only $0.99 in Kindle format and free through Kindle Unlimited.