If heroes and villains existed would they be feared

justanotherguy45justanotherguy45 Moss point, Mississippi Posts: 20
This aphas been bugging me for a long time if heroes like iron man, the flash, superman,batman, green arrow ect. Were real would they be feared or praised especially by other country's would they see them as a threat thinking they could use superman or someone to take out a rival country or something like mutants would they be pressecuted by the people back home
Some things are worth fighting for

Comments

• lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    probably.
    that is to say if they wouldn't be apprehended by governments first and kept secret.
    i'm pretty sure the media would hype the PIZZZAA out of them and people would fall in line with that. 
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭
    Well that depends on what you're asking.

If we go by how normal people react to them in the fiction then some would support them others would fear and hate them.

If you go by how we as readers would react to having super powered people running around in the real world, I don't think there's anyone that would fear them... unless maybe we get the evil Superman who keeps peace by murdering anyone that opposes him... but as long as we get the good Superman who upholds our laws rather than creating his own then I think we're good.

If real people started getting super powers that'd be a whole different story. We pretty much already know the motives of super heroes from comics. We can trust them were they real because we've been reading about them for years and know every detail about them. But total strangers with unknown motives. I think anyone who didn't get powers would fear the powered at first because if they have evil intentions how are you going to fight that as just a normal person? It's not really a problem if they're using their powers for good but if they're criminals the police are powerless to stop that.

History dictates that people always fear things that are different from them. One bad person with super powers would be enough to create hate and fear for everyone. I'm not even talking about old history this applies recently as well. Look how the Muslims are treated just because of a few bad ones all of them are hated.

The thing I would be most concerned about is that in comics the villains actually outnumber the heroes. Every hero has their own rogues gallery so the good guys would actually be the minority. This make it even more likely that no one would trust them. Plus I think in real life they wouldn't be like one a week super villains, they'd be all at once army of criminals over powering the heroes and taking over the world. The heroes might be able to take down a few of them but they'd never defeat all those villains if they all teamed up together. There's like 30 villains for every 1 hero.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

The thing I would be most concerned about is that in comics the villains actually outnumber the heroes. Every hero has their own rogues gallery so the good guys would actually be the minority.

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

How do we know that comic books aren't just propaganda? Think about Star Wars, the Empire brought administrative peace to the galaxy and in a place like Coruscant (0,0,0), they even brought efficient environmental measures like proper recycling.
    Think about the DS-1 Orbital Defence Station (Death Star). Alderaan had been given plenty of warning that it was due for demolition; the plans were available at their local council for years. It was rebel scum who destroyed it.
    Then when the DS-2 Orbital Defence Station was being built, the rebel scum destroyed that too and the only people who were on board were innocent tradies. I don't know why the rebel scum hate electricians and plumbers so much.

What about Bat-Man? Does he go after the super-capitalists like Trump and Soros and Buffet? No. He mainly beats up on street level crime. Does he build things like hospitals, schools or other community projects? No, even though he's the CEO of something called Wayne Industries.
    Batman is just a rich guy with an affinity for bats.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭
    Rollo said:

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Space Balls.
    Rollo said:

Alderaan had been given plenty of warning that it was due for demolition; the plans were available at their local council for years.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Rollo said:

What about Bat-Man?

His name is Batman... Only Spider-Man hyphenates his name like that.

I'm fairly sure that DS-1(2) Orbital Defence Station is also a reference to something other than the Death Star but I'm drawing a blank on that one.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!