Favorite male character in John's books and why

justanotherguy45justanotherguy45 Moss point, Mississippi Posts: 20
john has many interesting male characters pudge from looking for Alaska, Q from Paper Towns, Collin from an abundance of Katherine's and Augustus from the fault in our stars who is your favorite male protagonist and why?
Some things are worth fighting for

Comments

• IbokIbok Posts: 6
    Easy: Augustus from TFIOS. He makes Hazel and the reader look at everything in life with a new perspective. He changes sometimes (when he gets on the airplane and becomes "curious and excited Gus") like humans do. He has his own faults like all humans without being annoying. All in all I will fight anyone on the side of the street who says that its not Augustus
  • winterrose111winterrose111 ChicagoPosts: 3
    This was a tough decision, but Quentin from PT is my favorite. Simply put: I relate to him and his misimagination of people a LOT, and he just evolves so much throughout the book. Coming from a person who was once too scared to even talk to Margo, to being the person who found her, he learned so much from the situation itself and his changing-take on Margo that it seems impossible to choose any other.
  • dan777dan777 Posts: 1
    Even though I identify the most with Pudge ,he's a little too whiny sometimes. Augustus is amazing but he seems too much like the ideal version of ourselves that we would like to be ,instead of what we really are. Quentin on the other hand has the perfect mix of character flaws and lofty idealism. So ...my vote goes to Quentin
  • HydraPodHydraPod in your pantsPosts: 3
    can it be a non-lead character? i like the colonel because of his self-destructivness but also because he seems to genuinely be a good person, in spite of his inability to handle himself.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 590 ✭✭✭
    I like Gus because he's so nice. Q and Pudge always came across as kind of foolish.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 393 ✭✭✭
    actually Q is always my favorite although Gus has much more literary attractiveness. Is that a thing. I always thought Q was sweet and I was extremely influenced, by his way of seeing the world.
    of course i think he's super amazing.
    But you know girls point of view
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
  • dolerdoler Posts: 1
    It is hard to pick one favorite male character but I have to go with Lestat De Lioncourt.
  • mysticnerdfightermysticnerdfighter PennsylvaniaPosts: 20
    Let me go on record as saying Augustus dying in TFIOS really made me cry. He was the kind of guy every girl would want. Also, I liked Pudge but that's because I could relate to his social awkwardness because that was me in high school.
    "There's nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.”--Matthew Perry :D

Don't forget to be awesome <3
  • E_Elizabeth1415E_Elizabeth1415 Posts: 3
    My brain says Q, because I like that there was some character evolution, but my heart says Gus. He's literally every girl's (or at least some) ideal boyfriend, and there's something to be said in that. I'm a sucker for romance, I suppose, and the fact that he was such a perfect match for Hazel made the whole thing not just sad, but beautiful.
  • euri_chaneuri_chan Posts: 3
    For me, it's Q. I love how much he loves Margo so much that he looked for her and when he finally found where Margo was, he has made a right choice to come back instead of staying with Margo