Is it legal to transcribe videos?

TheHuntingWrenTheHuntingWren Macao (Not a paper town)Posts: 8
Hi, I am new here and would like some guidance.

I would want to know is transcribing videos without an official declare of consent from every video illegal? From where I come from, it is.

Not that I think that producers would sue nerdfighters who would volunteer to transcribe and translate videos since nerdfighteria is such a friendly community. I just want to make sure that this is legal. As some people can post stuff that is unrelated and undesired in a video. 

Thanks for reading this.

'It matter so little to the majority what the minority, that call itself human, wants or desires’ 
-A Passage to India, E.M. Forster

Best Answer

Answers

• TheHuntingWrenTheHuntingWren Macao (Not a paper town)Posts: 8
    @ZoaThePerson Thank you for answering me. :)
    'It matter so little to the majority what the minority, that call itself human, wants or desires’ 
  • TheHuntingWrenTheHuntingWren Macao (Not a paper town)Posts: 8
    Terribly sorry to only add this now, but I just want to further query the implications of common creatives when applied internationally. In other words, under American laws can I legally transcribe videos, so that I am protected from being sued as participating in an illegal act, when I am doing it in elsewhere? (In Macao, China, to be more specific)